All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

1 hour ago, Dustinhxc said:

Hey I'm hoping someone can help me out. Our sleeves don't fit the Deviations album because it's twice the size of a gatefold. Does anyone know where to find some this size? I'd ask somewhere else but this is the only vinyl I've ever got that is this big so I have no other albums to compare to what size we need. Thanks

I used "Double oversized" outer sleeves from SquareDealOnline.com they fit up to 1 1/4" box sets. I use them on a lot of the oversized gatefolds I have and most of my boxsets. 

Pretty sure I got them off Amazon, but I'm sure their website is probably also a good option.

On 23/05/2017 at 11:56 AM, Skacel said:

I'm going to try and get my money back and re-order when they are finally ready.

Well I cancelled and got a refund  and they still sent me Deviations :huh:

Being the the honest guy I am, I have emailed them about it to see if they want it back.

26 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I listened to the first Toe LP at 33 for like a year before listening to the MP3s and realizing it was supposed to be at 45.

End of a Year - Sincerely is labeled 33 but plays at 45. I played it once and thought it was fucked up. Got a better record player like 6 years later, gave it another shot and realized it was just labeled wrong.

I'd say I have maybe 2 dozen records that I only listen to once in awhile that I always fuck up the speed at first. I really should invest in some stickers for the outer sleeves.

That's like the latest Pray for Sound record.  I actually like it more at 33 even though it's supposed to be 45.

24 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I used "Double oversized" outer sleeves from SquareDealOnline.com they fit up to 1 1/4" box sets. I use them on a lot of the oversized gatefolds I have and most of my boxsets. 

Pretty sure I got them off Amazon, but I'm sure their website is probably also a good option.

Thank you very much! Cool I see them on their website. I was thinking the (For box sets up to 3/4") would work. But after reading reviews, seems 1 1/4" is better for the width. I'll get those, thanks!

Edited by Dustinhxc
Size

3 hours ago, bungie said:

While I totally agree that not putting the sides on the labels is just stupid, you can see the sides listed in the dead wax if you look close enough.  Hope that helps.

You can also look at the sides (as they are listed on the insert) and match the pixelated colors to the center labels for each side. 

18 hours ago, daegor said:

Yes, you would.

However, this made me think that someone should make some small reusable vinyl stickers that say 33, 45, A, B, C, D, etc that we could stick on record labels without fear of damaging anything :o 

It just throw a sticker on the protective sleeve for the jacket. Just write "45" or whatever on there, then you'll see it when you go to play it.

I have several albums with multiple copies. They are all different due to mastering, pressing, etc. I write "UK" or "original" etc. on a sticker so I can quickly differentiate from the different albums.

1 hour ago, vinyl addict said:

It just throw a sticker on the protective sleeve for the jacket. Just write "45" or whatever on there, then you'll see it when you go to play it.

I have several albums with multiple copies. They are all different due to mastering, pressing, etc. I write "UK" or "original" etc. on a sticker so I can quickly differentiate from the different albums.

That definitely helps for knowing the speed, but that's about it.  I still have a lot where it would be handy to label each side, and if the speed is different the speed of each side.

6 hours ago, zdkaiser said:

Just received my copy. Damaged like everyone else. Emailed for a replacement. 

Realizing now that I got taken for $80. The LPs look well pressed but, as mentioned previously, there is nothing to this release to justify the price. Oh well, life goes on. 

Look at it this way: this album is at least 4 times better than something you spent $20 on. 

14 minutes ago, ntslash said:

Look at it this way: this album is at least 4 times better than something you spent $20 on. 

This is pretty fair. Hell I've spent way more than $80 on things way worse (not just records)

Packaging bummers aside, it's a one time only pressing of oddities that's only for hardcore fans. Sure it's a massive pressing and hardcore fans deserve a bit more imo. But I'm not bothered by the release in any meaningful way. I can't explain exactly why, but if it'd been The Fragile proper I'd be way more upset. I'm not defending it, but it's just that my ass isn't chapped about it.

It seriously sounds phenomenal, so I'm happy. If the pressing quality is any indication of how TDS and The Fragile are going to sound, I'm ecstatic.

On 7/4/2017 at 9:08 PM, Skacel said:

Well I cancelled and got a refund  and they still sent me Deviations :huh:

Being the the honest guy I am, I have emailed them about it to see if they want it back.

Shout out to Sandbag. They emailed me back telling me to keep it. Honesty is the best policy, kids!  :wub:

On 07/05/2017 at 6:32 AM, vinyl addict said:

I'm nearing 3000 LPs and never fuckin thought of that with a lot of them doubles and triples... Doh!

Just had an epiphany...

Now to brew my coffeeB)

haven't kept up with this thread much, but wondering if someone can help me out.

I pre-ordered the standard Fragile LP, Not The Actual Events, and Broken EP the hour they initially went up back in December.  Haven't heard a peep other than the email back in May about the delays and then my 20% code.

I see some of you guys have already gotten shipping confirmations and your packages.  Should I be worried or has those titles not shipped yet?  thanks ya'll!

1 hour ago, jonrawks said:

About half way through mine and I'm going to just echo others about how good this damn thing sounds!  It's probably a little too material much for me to listen to in one sitting, but I have a feeling it'll be in my rotation pretty heavily for a few months.

I sat down and listened to it through once. I'm sure from now on any time I listen to it it'll just be one or two LPs at a time. 

Shits like 3 hours long. I ain't got time for that.

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

18 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I sat down and listened to it through once. I'm sure from now on any time I listen to it it'll just be one or two LPs at a time. 

Shits like 3 hours long. I ain't got time for that.

I just don't have the attention span.  A full 2xLP is usually the longest I can listen to one artist at a time, I need to break it up.

10 hours ago, mikeyfoo7 said:

Anybody (besides me) preorder Deviations and not even receive a shipping notification yet? Am I alone? I am scared. 

I ordered it from Fireband, didn't cancel, didn't get a shipping notification, and it just showed up at my doorstep. Same day as Lost Highway and Prick oddly...

Hopefully yours is on the way!