All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

26 minutes ago, Adam10647 said:

Nice I really dig this a lot more than anything off the last EP. Excited to here the rest . Wish I could order the Physical Component and the vinyl to save on shipping but with 22,000 components in stock should take a while to sellout.

Shipping is free on the physical component.

18 minutes ago, tvham said:

Had anyone seen the Defiant Ones? Some great interviews and early footage of Trent. 

Just skimmed through the 4 episodes last night and looked for any Trent clips. It was Awesome! Love the edge and vibe that they were getting from NIN Manson Dr Dre Snoop. Really cool.. 

2 minutes ago, Dustinhxc said:

Just skimmed through the 4 episodes last night and looked for any Trent clips. It was Awesome! Love the edge and vibe that they were getting from NIN Manson Dr Dre Snoop. Really cool.. 

I'm almost 3/4's the way through the whole miniseries and even if you're not that interested in anyone who is featured in the storytelling other than Trent/NIN/Manson/Nothing Records, I recommend watching it all the way through. Its actually really great and its very interesting to see how the whole Interscope label got started. Both Dre's and Iovine's backstories are incredibly informative. Plus, every time Snoop is interviewed he's hilarious.

2 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

I'm almost 3/4's the way through the whole miniseries and even if you're not that interested in anyone who is featured in the storytelling other than Trent/NIN/Manson/Nothing Records, I recommend watching it all the way through. Its actually really great and its very interesting to see how the whole Interscope label got started. Both Dre's and Iovine's backstories are incredibly informative. Plus, every time Snoop is interviewed he's hilarious.

Snoop is great! Also love everything w Tom Petty, early U2, etc etc. I can't recommend this enough.

Eh, nothing stands out in this new track, but then again, nothing has for quite some time. Hesitation Marks had it's moments, as did the previous couple of albums, but it's obvious he will never even come close to some of the amazing work he created before. Just about everything after The Fragile has been meh, making the few bright spots really stand out. But in comparison to the first five albums (including EP's), this is so watered down. Kind of like Tool>Perfect Circle. 

All that being said, I'll continue to listen and buy out of pure appreciation for what's he's put out long in the past. 

12 minutes ago, highfives said:

It blows my mind that anyone can say Year Zero is anything but completely incredible.  That record, top to bottom, is a masterpiece.

It's probably a drawback of NIN being so eclectic. I've seen different people mention With Teeth, Year Zero and The Slip as their favourite records of all time. There are ofcourse others who only like the old stuff, but that's the same as any band who were big then went away for a while. Personally I'm not huge on Year Zero but the second half of Hesitation Marks is impeccable.