All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

3 hours ago, zdkaiser said:

Takes less time to find a donor and replacment kidney than receiving a NIN pre-order.

:)

No need to go that far ;) Mind you if you were talking about the wait for a new album after TDS or The Fragile...

"Some people wait several years for a good match, while others get matched within a few months. The average waiting time for a kidney is three to five years, depending on blood type. While you're on the waiting list, notify the transplant center of changes in your health."

1 hour ago, Dustinhxc said:

From the physical copy preorder or from iTunes, Google, where? I bought the singles in Google play. But didn't get the preorder yet. Was waiting for the vinyl to go up.

The Physical Component is about half gone so I wouldn't wait too long to grab one if you're thinking about it.  Shipping is free so the only reason to wait and buy it with the vinyl is if you're using the discount code.

So I just picked up a copy of the The Day The World Went Away 12" picture sleeve single from '99 which I had only gotten on CD the day it came out this time in 1999. It sounds awesome and I was completely obsessed with the "(Quiet)" version of the title track. Its awesome on LP and its super quiet. Instead of "Starfuckers, Inc." like the CD had, this single has a Porter Ricks remix of TDTWWA. Anyway, I'm enjoying the shit out of it until The Fragile drops.

Yeah, so The Background World was pretty impacting.  An audio representation of the last 5 years or so of my mental state.  Bravo Mr. Reznor.

Spoiler

After about 2 minutes of the closing instrumental loop I thought to myself, "This couldn't possibly go on for the remaining duration of the song."  After 4 minutes it was very clear to me that yes, indeed, that's exactly what's going to happen.

1 hour ago, highfives said:

The Physical Component is about half gone so I wouldn't wait too long to grab one if you're thinking about it.  Shipping is free so the only reason to wait and buy it with the vinyl is if you're using the discount code.

Sweet thanks! Bought and downloaded. The EP is beautiful. My wife and I both love it!! Can't wait to see what the physical component is. Hopefully lyrics. 

On 7/19/2017 at 0:12 PM, Dustinhxc said:

Trent teased us all with a photo of it even. :P Next Month it will ship.

By the way, where the hell is that photo? I keep backtracking through pages of this thread and googling it to try to find it and I just can't find it again. Maybe I'm just a dope but can anybody repost or tell me where Trent initially posted the photo? I suck.

Edited by mcpherson123

35 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

By the way, where the hell is that photo? I keep backtracking through pages of this thread and googling it to try to find it and I just can't find it again. Maybe I'm just a dope but can anybody repost or tell me where Trent initially posted the photo? I suck.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWQtLi8ADRG/

So I'm becoming pretty irritated with this Sandbag LTD.  Here's a timeline of my endeavor with them so far:

• July 5th I placed an order for Deviations, "paid" and "fulfilled" status on the order the following day
  • July 12th dropped a ticket on Sandbag asking if there is a shipping delay because I hadn't received shipping notification, received automated email stating they received my ticket and that someone would personally respond to me (usually within 24 hours)
  • July 18th dropped another ticket on Sandbag, this time avoiding the "shipping" category thinking maybe I'd get a response sooner and instead using "general" with the subject Unresponsive Customer Service.  About 30 minutes later got a response from someone in the UK saying that they had passed my message on to their US colleagues.
  • July 21st responded to the UK rep's email stating that another 3 days had passed and still no word from anyone.  Less than an hour later, another UK rep responds to my email message saying, and i quote, "Sorry for the late response" (which i chuckled at).  Then went on to say that they still had heard back from their US partners either and that they had again forwarded my ticket info to the US side of Sandbag and asked for them to expedite my shipment.
  • July 24th just received an email response, again from the UK sandbag help desk email addy, stating that an order number i'm not familiar with (maybe they are) with FedEX 2-day tracking number yada yada yada had been shipped out.  I check the tracking number.  It had been delivered in Illinois 3 days ago.  I live in Kentucky.  So either they sent my shit to the wrong address or homie has my order number/tracking number mixed up.

I was totally fine having to wait a little while for this, especially if a little extra wait meant that they were getting some new mailers to more securely ship these in. But this is just ridiculous.  And as far as I can tell I haven't gotten any response whatsoever from a US rep on my original ticket.  At least the UK reps are trying to help me...

4 hours ago, Kanye West said:

STUPID QUESTION because I'm late to the game.

That Downward Spiral in the NIN shop... is that going to be widely available/in stores or will the pre-order sell out? 

I think all the "2017 Definitive Edition" stuff may be exclusive to the NIN.com storefront.  But I'm not sure on that, not sure if anyone is.  It may get distribution to record shops or other online retailers.  If we assume though that it will be exclusive to NIN.com, the thing about TDS is that there have been pressings of that in the recent past, pretty sure you would have no problem even now finding a new sealed pressing of it for relatively cheap, albeit not the 2017 remaster.  Even still, I don't think there will be quite as much of a demand for TDS as there currently is for Broken, TF, YZ, and WT.  All that being said, I have a copy of TDS already and I still plan on getting this 2017 Definitive Edition.

13 hours ago, thesecrets0308 said:

I think all the "2017 Definitive Edition" stuff may be exclusive to the NIN.com storefront.  But I'm not sure on that, not sure if anyone is.  It may get distribution to record shops or other online retailers.  If we assume though that it will be exclusive to NIN.com, the thing about TDS is that there have been pressings of that in the recent past, pretty sure you would have no problem even now finding a new sealed pressing of it for relatively cheap, albeit not the 2017 remaster.  Even still, I don't think there will be quite as much of a demand for TDS as there currently is for Broken, TF, YZ, and WT.  All that being said, I have a copy of TDS already and I still plan on getting this 2017 Definitive Edition.

Well from the looks of things, you plan on purchasing the TDS 2017 edition, but you may not be getting jack shit.

Sorry to hear about all your trouble with your order. It seems like the problems with merch companies are meant to persist for NIN.

8 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

Well from the looks of things, you plan on purchasing the TDS 2017 edition, but you may not be getting jack shit.

Sorry to hear about all your trouble with your order. It seems like the problems with merch companies are meant to persist for NIN.

I really try to be patient and stuff, but i would just appreciate an update occasionally.  I just worry that my order would somehow get swept under the rug and then ultimately end up missing something that is a one and only pressing because a merch company can't handle the NIN merch monster.  They emailed me back again yesterday after i told them that the tracking number they gave me showed a delivery to somewhere in Illinois and said that they have my order with their hub and are waiting for restock and to expect a shipping notification email within the week.  smh and to your point, it's a nervous feeling that i still have several pre-orders and the other albums coming soon that i'll be pre-ordering.  i just hope Sandbag can get on top of it going forward.