All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

38 minutes ago, Adam10647 said:

I've seen them 21 times now (Im a crazy person) there's still a handful of songs that I would lover to hear live Happiness In Slavery, Last, We're in This Together I dont think Trent's voice can handle those anymore.  Regardless they put on one hell of a show every time. 

Was always bummed I never saw Happiness as well. I'm pretty sure he hasn't played it since 95. He should have just retired it after Woodstock because it was not going to get any better than that.

23 minutes ago, fish said:

Was always bummed I never saw Happiness as well. I'm pretty sure he hasn't played it since 95. He should have just retired it after Woodstock because it was not going to get any better than that.

Word!

42 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Well...If 21 times constitutes being a crazy person...the number of times I've seen NIN live, I may as well be the lunatic running the proverbial asylum.

;)

yeah? how many you got?

8 minutes ago, jhulud said:

51 times as of 2014 tour w/ Soundgarden and DEP.

Been lurking this thread, hoping to see the announcement that the rest of the LPs are available to purchase and that all of you have started receiving your first orders.

Gotta pop back in to comment on how insanely impressive that is. Well done, Juan.

4 minutes ago, Adam10647 said:

Wow! That's awesome! What are some of the best times you caught them? 

Without having the specific dates in front of me:

Self-Destruct/Further Down the Spiral tour...caught a few of the FL dates

1995 Fall club tour w/ Helmet opening

Dissonance Tour opening for David Bowie. Went up to Boston and Philly for those.

Fragility v2.0 tour w/ APC

Lights In The Sky tour in Pensacola, FL w/ Saul Williams opening. Smallest area I've ever been to and felt so intimate

Those are the ones that stand out the most for me from overall setlists and venues that were perfect for the shows.

4 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Without having the specific dates in front of me:

Self-Destruct/Further Down the Spiral tour...caught a few of the FL dates

1995 Fall club tour w/ Helmet opening

Dissonance Tour opening for David Bowie. Went up to Boston and Philly for those.

Fragility v2.0 tour w/ APC

Lights In The Sky tour in Pensacola, FL w/ Saul Williams opening. Smallest area I've ever been to and felt so intimate

Those are the ones that stand out the most for me from overall setlists and venues that were perfect for the shows.

Wow awesome . I 1st saw them in 95 with Bowie that was awesome wish I saw the Self Destruct tour but I was a little young and living in New Mexico.
I got to see 3 of the "final shows" in LA  

Palladium they played Downward Spiral beginning to end + Gary Neuman came out .

Ecoplex- Long set + 500 person venue 
Wiltern -37 songs 3.5 hours 

Every show was fantastic the Lights in the Sky shows were amazing.

If you come out to So Cal to see them let me know I'll buy you a beer! 

My fav NIN shows:

Self Destruct tour- MSG and Nassau Coliseum shows(Adam Ant did beat my guest and physical with them...That is my fav concert of alltime with over 1k total shows attended)

Bowie tour at Meadowlands

Night of Nothing showcase- Irving Plaza

Fragile tour- MSG with APC-  Manson came out for Starfuckers and Beautiful people cover.....sadly next night at Coliseum was cancelled

2009- Wave Goodbye at Hollywood Palladium- Downward Spiral played in full

With Teeth Promo club tour with Dresden Dolls- 2 nights at Hammerstein

3 hours ago, Adam10647 said:

I've seen them 21 times now (Im a crazy person) there's still a handful of songs that I would lover to hear live Happiness In Slavery, Last, We're in This Together I dont think Trent's voice can handle those anymore.  Regardless they put on one hell of a show every time. 

I saw last once and happiness a few time.....Those songs totally own on broken

I would be interested if they ever played the perfect drug

I haven't seen NIN as much as some on this thread, but I've seen 'em a fair amount of times on a lot of different tours, and they've never disappointed. I guess my claim to fame is seeing them 3 times supporting TDS.... Once at the Fox in ATL (with Marilyn Manson opening) which STILL might be my favorite show.... And then supporting Bowie.... And then late in the tour when they'd changed the whole setlist around. 

It was cool to get so many PHM songs back then... I don't think Trent does many of them anymore beyond Head Like A Hole and Terrible Lie. (Sanctified was played on the HM tour, which was a very cool version.) I doubt I'm gonna get The Only Time or Sin or Something I Can Never Have again. 

What else.... Seeing With Teeth in Charlotte where a rain delay stopped the show halfway through.... When they came back, Trent basically blew up the setlist and played Dead Souls, Reptile, Get Down Make Love, and Down In It (with the whole crowd screaming "Rain rain go away"). Took a good show and made it great.

Oh, and the NIN/JA tour had lots of deep cuts: Home, Metal, Non-Entity, I'm Afraid Of Americans, Head Down, Suck... THAT was pretty fantastic. 

Honestly I've heard Somewhat Damaged and Burn more than I can count. But I'll never turn down the former. Somewhat Damaged is almost always a highlight of any show. 

Edited by filthyrich

48 minutes ago, bigdz68 said:

Did anyone that asked for a replacement jacket for Deviations receive it yet? I was told it was on its way "in a few days"

That was on July 4th....

They told me mine would go out on July 17th. I emailed them about a week ago about what was up, they said they ran out of stock on replacement sleeves and were waiting on a new batch to show up in the next few weeks.

2 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Sand(Shit)bag told me they'd ship out my replacement jacket the week of June 24th and that there'd  be no tracking info email or anything. Haven't seen anything as of yet.

My email said week of July 17.  In any event, nothing yet, and likely nothing ever.  That's my guess.

Edited by thischarmingman