All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

I got like three shipping confirmation emails from the NIN store and I have no idea what the fuck is going on anymore.

One references the old-ass pre-Sand(Shit)bag order of NTAE 12" vinyl. The other references a bunch of shit that is out shipping now but I didn't order...and the third is a general "Hey, things are shipping out now!!!" email.

What in the fuck is going on here?!?!?!

635731073449802714-625984946_af1ce8d82ab

13 minutes ago, highfives said:

People are saying there's some weird shit on the b-side of NTAE.  It's seemingly not a single-sided 12".

Wait people already got their copies? Sheet.

Yes they did: 20707946_1706007529411961_32610000773457

I had a feeling they would add the black ink for the physical, I dig it.

Edited by idioteque...

18 hours ago, steeltoeagogo said:

That physical component is pretty badass. Still waiting on any type of confirmation 

I am assuming the "Add Violence" physical component will be included with the vinyl LP, when released....right?

Or will I have to add it to my pre-order once it goes live?

That book is AWESOME.  B)

I can't wait to read it while listening to the vinyl. 

29 minutes ago, Plarocks said:

I am assuming the "Add Violence" physical component will be included with the vinyl LP, when released....right?

Or will I have to add it to my pre-order once it goes live?

That book is AWESOME.  B)

I can't wait to read it while listening to the vinyl. 

AV physicals are shipping now.  I would t wait to buy one until the vinyl goes live.  They have free shipping so there isn't any reason to wait to buy it.

deviations replacement cover arrived today. never got a shipping notice,  just my initial response that it "should not be long until it gets dispactched" response on june 30.  so i would imagine the others are on their way.  it was well packed, arrived mint.  just the empty cover, in case anyone else was hoping they'd get new vinyl, too.

18 hours ago, Dustinhxc said:

Omg I'm so excited to play the vinyl !!!! 

18 hours ago, highfives said:

People are saying there's some weird shit on the b-side of NTAE.  It's seemingly not a single-sided 12".

Per discogs:

Side B features 3 additional, unlisted tracks from The Downward Spiral in reverse: Hurt, The Downward Spiral & Reptile.

27 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

Per discogs:

Side B features 3 additional, unlisted tracks from The Downward Spiral in reverse: Hurt, The Downward Spiral & Reptile.

That's great. I wish every other band releasing stuff that might be missing a side of songs (looking at you Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds) take a cue from this, or Neko Case, who tends to throw a 20+ min long ambient field-recording jam on her lps to fill out the side. I hate paying for half-a-side of content: Etchings really don't interest me or impress me.

12 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

That's great. I wish every other band releasing stuff that might be missing a side of songs (looking at you Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds) take a cue from this, or Neko Case, who tends to throw a 20+ min long ambient field-recording jam on her lps to fill out the side. I hate paying for half-a-side of content: Etchings really don't interest me or impress me.

This interests You?

Unless it is version never heard before it's pointless.

3 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

This interests You?

Unless it is version never heard before it's pointless.

Agreed.  Plus, filling an extra side is just added cost too.  If anything, I'd rather things with a blank D side just be cut at 45 RPM if possible and utilize that extra side.

56 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Agreed.  Plus, filling an extra side is just added cost too.  If anything, I'd rather things with a blank D side just be cut at 45 RPM if possible and utilize that extra side.

That's ideal too. But I like artists who'll throw something a little more experimental or tongue-in-cheek on a side nonetheless. 

3 hours ago, highfives said:

It's obviously playing into the narrative he's creating.  It didn't just happen to land on there as filler.  It's intentionally cut on that side for a reason.

I agree.  Ron Zertnert doesn't just do things randomly without a purpose in mind.

18 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

To be fair, Neko doesn't tend to do that. She did it once. 

The last time she had an extra side, she did an etching. 

13 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

Still no tracking # or email for NTAE and Broken (ordered both the day they went up)

Same.. Waiting for NTAE, Broken, The Fragile, The Downward Spiral, and Add Violence Physical. Ordered all the day they went up. Have only got an email about the add violence physical component.