All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

Just now, axotyl said:

i got tracking for my order of broken and the fragile

I haven't gotten anything yet except that common email notification that AV physical component was shipping out.  Glad to see it's moving though, looking forward to reviews from the peeps that get theirs soon.

3 minutes ago, harryq said:

Where are the orders shipping out from?  PA again, or somewhere else?

Mine is coming from PA 

On 8/11/2017 at 5:53 PM, jhulud said:

I got like three shipping confirmation emails from the NIN store and I have no idea what the fuck is going on anymore.

One references the old-ass pre-Sand(Shit)bag order of NTAE 12" vinyl. The other references a bunch of shit that is out shipping now but I didn't order...and the third is a general "Hey, things are shipping out now!!!" email.

What in the fuck is going on here?!?!?!

635731073449802714-625984946_af1ce8d82ab

Curious how this plays out.

Fuck. Sand(Shit)bag. 

Received the ADDV physical component. All OK. 

Received the TF:D replacement jacket. Surely packed very well in bubble wrap & cardboard stiffeners & even foam corner bumpers. Still jacked up as if someone had stepped on the box and crushed it. Jacket has gnarly crease all down spine and crimps along edges. 

Fuck. Sand(Shit)bag. 

Received my copy of The Fragile today.

It arrived in a standard Amazon style mailer. No bubblewrap, no cardboard inserts. I was actually surprised my jacket wasn't dinged up and creased because this package is quite heavy.

I would imagine Sandbag is likely going to go through another round of jacket replacements for this release as well. I just got lucky today. The album was somewhat crammed in the mailer, so the spine of my jacket has a minor crease. Likely won't be a problem for those of you who ordered multiple titles at once.

The vinyl comes in very nice poly sleeves, so no paper scuffs. It looks to be well pressed, though my copy might be slightly bowled. Hard to say. The cellophane was super tight on this release and paired with the compression from that mailer, it may have bowled the records. It definitely led to a bit of ring wear already. 

Nice full size lyric book included and some other reading material regarding the making of the album. Y'all will be pleased.

Best of luck to all. Hope your copies arrive completely (or mostly) unscathed. It's been an 8 month wait for this reissue.

9 minutes ago, zdkaiser said:

Received my copy of The Fragile today.

It arrived in a standard Amazon style mailer. No bubblewrap, no cardboard inserts. I was actually surprised my jacket wasn't dinged up and creased because this package is quite heavy.

I would imagine Sandbag is likely going to go through another round of jacket replacements for this release as well. I just got lucky today. The album was somewhat crammed in the mailer, so the spine of my jacket has a minor crease. Likely won't be a problem for those of you who ordered multiple titles at once.

The vinyl comes in very nice poly sleeves, so no paper scuffs. It looks to be well pressed, though my copy might be slightly bowled. Hard to say. The cellophane was super tight on this release and paired with the compression from that mailer, it may have bowled the records. It definitely led to a bit of ring wear already. 

Nice full size lyric book included and some other reading material regarding the making of the album. Y'all will be pleased.

Best of luck to all. Hope your copies arrive completely (or mostly) unscathed. It's been an 8 month wait for this reissue.

Thanks for sharing! I am looking forward to the behind the scenes and reading the lyric book while enjoying the wax spinning. 

Also received my replacement Deviations sleeve today. It was actually shipped airmail from Belgium which I found strange. Seems like it would have been cheaper (and safer from damage) to just ship them from the states to those of us here. They went in the other direction this time and used a mailer that was way too big for it. While this one has a crease down the middle of the back and isn't perfect, the corners are sharp it is much better than my last one.

1 hour ago, vinyl addict said:

How about some sound reviews from those who have received vinyl?

Just started listening to The Fragile.

Using a Rega RP40 with Elys40 cart.

Sounds incredible. It's pressed a tad quieter than some of my other LPs. The LP has almost no surface noise that I can tell, thus far. And I didn't wet wash before playing. 

Good mix overall, seems well balanced, nice bass but not overpowering. Album is punchy and dynamic. Everything is where it should be in the mix. You will be pleased.

Edited by zdkaiser

49 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

At this time no one has any clue, I believe.

A couple retailers listed it months and months ago, but the listings  have been removed as far as I know.

My local shop said he would get it but at this point: 

1.no in store date in sight

2. price for NTAE going up to $33 on amazon after he told me his prices would be the same as the NINstore

3. people are finally getting them

I'm tempted to just order from NINstore and tell my local shop: sorry, ya snooze ya loose.

Edited by clerk3745

Just to make sure I understand correctly, as so many different things have been said on this topic:

If I pre-ordered NTAE+reissues when they first went live in/around Dec. 2016 and did NOT cancel/re-order when the switch to Sandbag happened, my order will still be fulfilled but no shipping notice will go out?

Regardless of the answer, what exquisite chaos... :lol:

8 minutes ago, DASiano said:

Just to make sure I understand correctly, as so many different things have been said on this topic:

If I pre-ordered NTAE+reissues when they first went live in/around Dec. 2016 and did NOT cancel/re-order when the switch to Sandbag happened, my order will still be fulfilled but no shipping notice will go out?

Regardless of the answer, what exquisite chaos... :lol:

I received a shipping notice for my original, non-cancelled order from Firebrand.