All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

Holy crap! Had tracking for Thursday and another that still said pre shipment. The Fragile and Broken just showed up today unannounced! So cool, assumed theyd all come Thursday. What a great surprise after a shitty day at work.. So Thursday should be our Downward Spiral and NTAE vinyl. The packaging was a normal media mailer. AMAZINGLY The Fragile arrived 9.5/10 condition! Broken 8/10 A 3" crease in the corner, but who cares. Been waiting far too long to care. The Fragile sounds amazinggggg. Love it! Awesome huge booklets inside. So worth the wait!!! We finally have our favorite album on vinyl!!!!

Edited by Dustinhxc

Pretty sure the USPS has been having massive issues with their online shit. I tried to order something from Robotic Empire yesterday and couldn't check out because I kept getting a USPS error when it tried to calculate shipping. My girlfriend also got a bunch of packages yesterday where the tracking hadn't left preshipment, the tracking said it was somewhere else, or the tracking never even popped up on MyUSPS

Hopefully that means I get my NIN records before Thursday...But I'm not gonna hold my breath.

2 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Pretty sure the USPS has been having massive issues with their online shit. I tried to order something from Robotic Empire yesterday and couldn't check out because I kept getting a USPS error when it tried to calculate shipping. My girlfriend also got a bunch of packages yesterday where the tracking hadn't left preshipment, the tracking said it was somewhere else, or the tracking never even popped up on MyUSPS

Hopefully that means I get my NIN records before Thursday...But I'm not gonna hold my breath.

I think they've tried to revamp their system.  Lately things have been saying "on their way to the destination" or "arrived in the network".  So it seems like they're tweaking the descriptions of tracking updates.

Yesterday tracking was down entirely for a while, so something is fucky.

2 minutes ago, highfives said:

I think they've tried to revamp their system.  Lately things have been saying "on their way to the destination" or "arrived in the network".  So it seems like they're tweaking the descriptions of tracking updates.

Yesterday tracking was down entirely for a while, so something is fucky.

I read a little while back that it was going to be more precise and even include pictures of the packages.

2 hours ago, MicLima said:

I read a little while back that it was going to be more precise and even include pictures of the packages.

They've been doing pictures of regular non package mail for a little while now in certain areas.  Every morning i get an email with a scan of all the letters/junk mail that i will be receiving that day. I image packages would be more of a pain since they probably can't really automate it the same way.

Also anyone who hasn't yet registered for their "my usps" service should do so asap.  It can text you whenever a package is sent to your address,  and even right when a mail label is created. And it will give you updates along the way such as "package scheduled for delivery tomorrow" "or "package delivered". I can literally hear the mailman scanning my packages outside my door when delivering them and I'll instantly get a text. so it tends to be pretty accurate.

Edited by fish

Reaching the end of my rope today, I sent them a pretty aggressive nastygram email a little while ago, as i STILL have not received records or shipping notification.  They responded to me with this:

We are very sorry about this long delay. We can confirm that unfortunately your order has been lost in transit and we will proceed to send you a replacement as quick as we can.  We are going to refund your shipping cost too. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards,

Alessia on behalf of the Customer Service team.

Just now, Never_Enough_Records said:

You think anymore NTAE physical components will be available at any point? 

I doubt it.  Your best bet in getting ahold of one of those is ebay, paying an arm and a leg for it.  i missed the NTAE physical component as well when it was available, i'd be happy to pick it up if it ever became available.  I'm willing to bet if it does become available again it's going to be stragglers that were found somewhere in a warehouse hiding, so it'll be in extremely limited quantity.  no way i'm paying more than $20 for a couple of photo prints, but that's just me.

Wow!!! Just got Fragile and Broken in normal mailer and with the most mild top right corner ding only on the Fragile. Comes with a huge booklet with lyrics and an additional booklet about the sequencing of the Fragile with pictures and the sequencing of the songs cohesively. Spinning now and sounds great. The wait is finally over!

Edited by mootloot

For those who ordered Broken, it's not a gatefold. It comes with a flimsy lyric printed sleeve and an additional sleeve in which they shipped the record. Also doesn't list physical and suck on the back, which I love, but the 7" comes with a very very flimsy sleeve that the 7" won't even fit into. Weird and disappointing but just so glad to have it. 

I find it frustrating that Mr. Reznor went on and on and on about the quality control over vinyl and attention to detail and care in these reissues and releases in the "mission statement", and yet it's been nothing but disappointments across the board. From the clusterfuck that was Firebrand to the disaster in handling that is Sandbag to the actual reissues and releases being complete letdowns, this honestly makes me not want to order anything anymore from nin.com.

All these posts are meaningless without pictures.  I don't think I've seen any pictures of anyone's records, just a lot of word pictures.  I want to see this Broken package, and how the 7" sleeve doesn't work.  Show me what weird and disappointing looks like.  Juan, I want to see your destroyed mailer and completely fucked records.

2 minutes ago, jhulud said:

I find it frustrating that Mr. Reznor went on and on and on about the quality control over vinyl and attention to detail and care in these reissues and releases in the "mission statement", and yet it's been nothing but disappointments across the board. From the clusterfuck that was Firebrand to the disaster in handling that is Sandbag to the actual reissues and releases being complete letdowns, this honestly makes me not want to order anything anymore from nin.com.

^exactly this.  but i haven't really even seen the jackets and inserts and stuff to be able to testify to that part, wouldn't surprise me though.  All of the reviews as to how the records actually sound have all been A+ though, so that must mean something.

3 minutes ago, thesecrets0308 said:

All these posts are meaningless without pictures.  I don't think I've seen any pictures of anyone's records, just a lot of word pictures.  I want to see this Broken package, and how the 7" sleeve doesn't work.  Show me what weird and disappointing looks like.  Juan, I want to see your destroyed mailer and completely fucked records.

I had pics uploaded to Photobucket which I linked on here but since they changed their 3rd party hosting rules...they're not showing.

I have them all posted so far on my IG though: https://www.instagram.com/jhulud/

Go through...it's not private...and you'll see pics of the Deviatons damage and the just recent NTAE.

2 minutes ago, jhulud said:

I had pics uploaded to Photobucket which I linked on here but since they changed their 3rd party hosting rules...they're not showing.

I have them all posted so far on my IG though: https://www.instagram.com/jhulud/

Go through...it's not private...and you'll see pics of the Deviatons damage and the just recent NTAE.

right, i actually remembered just as i posted that you said earlier you had posted pics on IG, which is a social media app i do have.  Just went and looked.  Looked like it went through WW3 on its way to your crib.

23 minutes ago, mootloot said:

For those who ordered Broken, it's not a gatefold. It comes with a flimsy lyric printed sleeve and an additional sleeve in which they shipped the record. Also doesn't list physical and suck on the back, which I love, but the 7" comes with a very very flimsy sleeve that the 7" won't even fit into. Weird and disappointing but just so glad to have it. 

I noticed this too.  Basically I think the printed sleeve only accommodates the 7", not the 7" in the white paper sleeve.  Kinda dumb.

1 hour ago, Holo said:

So are these not hitting retail if there's 37 left? Don't wanna miss out but don't want to pay shipping and extra

I thought all of the main releases were indefinite prints?  The only thing limited was Deviations.

47 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Holy shit dude.  Have they responded with any kind of resolution?

34 minutes ago, highfives said:

I thought all of the main releases were indefinite prints?  The only thing limited was Deviations.

If this is the case, I just blew my load prematurely.  Oh well, hoping for the best.

4 minutes ago, MicLima said:

Holy shit dude.  Have they responded with any kind of resolution?

If this is the case, I just blew my load prematurely.  Oh well, hoping for the best.

I flipped out when Broken was sold out.  It was off the store for a week or two but then put back up.  Figure it'll be the same for the Fragile.

I also figure there will be retail distro for the main albums.