All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

So my tracking still says ready to ship, and they all (Fragile, NTAE, Broken) all showed up today not banged up at all.  It was literally an eight month wait, but thats fine its not like I hadn't had the music already for over a decade.  My only complaint is how tight the shrink wrap is on The Fragile.  Almost about to bend the corners

Got NTAE, Tds, Broken and TF a few days ago.  Broken and NTAE both have no glue oN the bottom edge of the jackets so  they shit all the goods out their assbottoms If you're not careful.  Emailed for Replacement! Expecting them in 2042.  So far they sound good though,. I always love Pallas pressed Records though.

12 minutes ago, Bu$hleaguer said:

Got NTAE, Tds, Broken and TF a few days ago.  Broken and NTAE both have no glue oN the bottom edge of the jackets so  they shit all the goods out their assbottoms If you're not careful.  Emailed for Replacement! Expecting them in 2042.  So far they sound good though,. I always love Pallas pressed Records though.

not to be that guy, but couldn't you (carefully) glue them yourself?  double-sided tape?  did something get damaged as a result of you not knowing they weren't glued?

1 hour ago, highfives said:

Those oversized ones from Square Deal.  Works for OKNOTOK and Deviations.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/401105993553 

Thanks but unfrotunately link died.   This is the one you're talking about right? Is it crystal clear like the sleeve city ones?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/25-12-Record-Outer-Sleeves-INDUSTRY-STANDARD-3mil-Thick-Polyethylene-1-/201979156837?epid=1300152815&hash=item2f06e55965:g:AAcAAOSwcj5ZXyAa  

Edited by idioteque...

1 minute ago, idioteque... said:

Thanks but unfrotunately link died.   This is the one you're talking about right? Is it crystal clear like the sleeve city ones?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/25-12-Record-Outer-Sleeves-INDUSTRY-STANDARD-3mil-Thick-Polyethylene-1-/201979156837?epid=1300152815&hash=item2f06e55965:g:AAcAAOSwcj5ZXyAa  

I don't think those are the right ones either.  Assuming the links work, I think he may be talking about these.

3 minutes ago, idioteque... said:

Thanks Derek.  Is there any way to get just one only? Looking on their website and it says the min is 25.  I already have tons of sleeves from Sleeve City.

There's probably no way to get just one.  A 10-pack would be ideal in case you obtain thicker gatefolds [or thin boxsets] that need a sleeve, but I haven't located one yet, if they exist.  I'm not sure if it was Square Deals or a different distributor, but I know there was one company who sold sleeves that a lot of users recommended here on the boards, and they would actually mail you a sample sleeve or two if you reached out to them and inquired.  That would probably be your best bet if you absolutely only need 1.

6 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I don't think those are the right ones either.  Assuming the links work, I think he may be talking about these.

These are the ones.  Not sure why sharing links from eBay mobile never works, but whatever.  

And no, you can't just buy one.  You'd pay like $3 for one after shipping anyway.

So I was out of the office yesterday so I don't know who delivered it but the box was on my desk this morning with NTAE, Downward Spiral, Fragile, and Broken.  Looks like they reused the outer box, but records with bubblewrapped and had plenty of protection from 2 more inner boxes.

Oh yeah I stayed out of the shipping drama because I didn't order right away, but now that I have it I feel that anybody who DID order when they first went up should have every right to be upset.

I only ordered these last week.

Okay, my reissues and NTAE showed up a half hour ago.

They showed up in excellent condition and I am wrapping up a first listen of Broken right now (which I was unaware was a single sided LP, but that's on me for not doing the research as these-for the most part-appear to be fairly faithful original issue duplicates in terms of packaging and presentation) and it sounds outstanding. Looking very forward to hearing the rest.

Saying nothing of the general delay in production of these, I guess I've been lucky with this whole Sandbag thing, relatively speaking. The worst I've got in three NIN related orders with them was a slight corner bend on Deviations and the recent tomfoolery regarding the tracking number for these as others have explained.

All in all, I'm glad it's over (for now) and am stoked to finally have these after all that went down.

Now to do it all over again for the next set of reissues and AV.

17 hours ago, harryq said:

not to be that guy, but couldn't you (carefully) glue them yourself?  double-sided tape?  did something get damaged as a result of you not knowing they weren't glued?

Totally, I could definitely try gluing them, double sided tape would def do the job too, but I just didn't feel like it.  They get replacement jackets just for this reason so I'll see if they'll send me new ones.  It's happened before and I never thought to ask for replacements but this time I felt like it.  They said they'd send me new ones... so I just figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

15 hours ago, idioteque... said:

Thanks Derek.  Is there any way to get just one only? Looking on their website and it says the min is 25.  I already have tons of sleeves from Sleeve City.

My original Fragile and this new Deviations both fit in my usual resealable sleeve city sleeves. Maybe order a couple of "free" samples? Granted Deviations is a tight fit, but it slid right in. Keep in mind I insert the album with the opening lining up with the flap for the sleeve. Open flap, remove record. No need to slide the whole jacket out.

Dammit.

So, 8 months later, Fragile, Broken, TDS, and NTAE showed up...and all of them have smashed corners.

mALZbct.jpg

All 4 were shipped together in one of those amazon-type mailers, with no padding or corner protection of any kind. I have literally never asked for a replacement sleeve before but might have to here. Especially since I waited 8 months and they couldn't be bothered to give a shit about packing this decently.

1 hour ago, The Royal Dutch of Dukes said:

Dammit.

So, 8 months later, Fragile, Broken, TDS, and NTAE showed up...and all of them have smashed corners.

All 4 were shipped together in one of those amazon-type mailers, with no padding or corner protection of any kind. I have literally never asked for a replacement sleeve before but might have to here. Especially since I waited 8 months and they couldn't be bothered to give a shit about packing this decently.

that sucks... im with you. normal preorder/order and that happens i would probably let it slide. for the price and how long we had to wait for these though i would definitely ask for replacements.

Lurked on this board for years. Compelled to create an account just to add to the staggering disappoint of Sandbag.

Didn't order until people here finally confirmed shipments were going out, then ordered with (tempered) confidence.

My order shipped without shipping confirmation or tracking (not a big deal) but when it arrived, it wasn't even my order. Addressed to me, no pack list. Not only not the records I ordered, not records at all. A t-shirt. Emailed Sandbag, no reply yet.

Spent $100+, no records, no reply... just a shirt I can't even wear. Could be worse, but could be way, way better.