All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

8 hours ago, Derek™ said:

So as a PSA to anyone in the market for boxset sleeves, do not waste your time with these.  The specifications on the label claim to be 13" x 13.5", but the lie detector generic tape measure has determine that is a lie.

8hKZq4C.jpg

Barely over 12".  I'm not exaggerating when I say that they don't even fit standard, single, non-gatefold LPs.  Just minimal, regular 12"s.  Here's a spare 12" jacket that was included as packaging on a recent order.  No contents.

8XxzSVc.jpg

What the fuck did I just buy?  What does this fit?  Am I missing something obvious here?  "Fits most box sets up to 1.25"...?  Uhh.

They had to have sent you the wrong sleeves.  The ones I got have ample space for Deviations, the Fragile, or OKNOTOK.

13 minutes ago, highfives said:

They had to have sent you the wrong sleeves.  The ones I got have ample space for Deviations, the Fragile, or OKNOTOK.

Same here. I just bought these and had no problem fitting all of the above. I also used one for Joanna Newsome Have One on Me which is a pretty thick box. These sleeves are definitely oversized. 

8 hours ago, Derek™ said:

So as a PSA to anyone in the market for boxset sleeves, do not waste your time with these.  The specifications on the label claim to be 13" x 13.5", but the lie detector generic tape measure has determine that is a lie.

8hKZq4C.jpg

Barely over 12".  I'm not exaggerating when I say that they don't even fit standard, single, non-gatefold LPs.  Just minimal, regular 12"s.  Here's a spare 12" jacket that was included as packaging on a recent order.  No contents.

8XxzSVc.jpg

What the fuck did I just buy?  What does this fit?  Am I missing something obvious here?  "Fits most box sets up to 1.25"...?  Uhh.

8 hours ago, scott_c said:

I would say that they have mistakenly included the wrong-sized sleeves in that package. I received the exact same sleeves yesterday, and they fit Deviations and The Fragile and a few smaller box sets (i.e., the 10th anniversary Interpol TOTBL) that I had.

15 minutes ago, highfives said:

Also received proper sized sleeves here.  I would submit a return.

As an alternate recommendation, I use the SLP13133 from Bags Unlimited. It comfortably fits The Fragile, Deviations, Ghosts 1-4, as well as the recent "Hope Collection" reissue of Angels & Airwaves' The Love Album Parts 1 & 2, which two 2lp jackets inside a slip cover.

https://www.bagsunlimited.com/product/6310/font-colorred180-gramfont-record-jacket-sleeve

10 hours ago, Derek™ said:

8hKZq4C.jpg

8XxzSVc.jpg

Echoing everyone else, but you just got mislabeled stock. I'm the one who originally posted these in the thread and mine fit a boxset I have that's even bigger than these NIN records.

If you got them off Amazon they mostly likely will just send you a replacement without you sending those back. Free sleeves!

Just throwing some hope out for those still waiting.  My package arrived all the way up here in Canada yesterday in pristine condition, not even minor corner dings.

Shipping info was never updated past 'fulfilled'.  It was NTAE, Fragile, Broken, TDS all in one Amazon style mailer (Dev:1 shipped separately last month).  Normally I'm fine with Amazon mailers, but they're not built for that many records, they were really jammed in there, the package was bulging and when I first opened it I was worried about warping as they did look a little dished, but the LPs are thick enough that nothing warped.

The edges of the package nearly blew out though, now I get why people are receiving empty mailers.  Could have easily been prevented by using a proper mailer for that size of package and/or a small amount of packing tape.

On 8/28/2017 at 5:29 PM, highfives said:

Mine showed up as well.  Oddly enough there's a crease in the spine...  

here are some pics pics of the packaging job.

This is the same way mine arrived. Outer box was mashed to shit but inside stayed ok and also can report spine has a crease!
HAHAHA! TOO FUNNY! It is 1000 times better than the original version that arrived months ago. Now I just will wait for the other releases to hit my local shop. Already have originals of everything so just want to get new clean copies while I can. They finally came through but could learn a lot from sound stage direct or elusive disc when it comes to shipping and packing properly.

Often you'll find 15% off coupons for these guys and their inners and outer sleeves are excellent (the Diskeeper ones) and their pricing ordering directly is better than their pricing on Amazon.

For box sets, these have been aces for me - http://www.sleevecityusa.com/ultimate-outer-boxed-set-pack-of-25-p/9350.htm

2 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

Just a heads up.

I ordered a copy of The Fragile last Monday and never received any shipping notification. Emailed Douchebag, and was informed they are out of stock!?

I emailed them back and asked why it was listed as "in stock" on the site, and STILL IS.

Waiting on their response.

Fuck me. I ordered recently too. Hopefully, your rep was just not fully informed. 

2 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

Just a heads up.

I ordered a copy of The Fragile last Monday and never received any shipping notification. Emailed Douchebag, and was informed they are out of stock!?

I emailed them back and asked why it was listed as "in stock" on the site, and STILL IS.

Waiting on their response.

I ordered 2 months ago and still don't have shipping or a product.

But 4 different reps informed me my package will arrive soon.

My cc dispute opened up last week

It's safe to say if you're ordering from sandbag use a CC, and one that has great customer service (Amex, Chase) in the event you have to file a claim w/o worrying or waiting. 

On a more fun note; there are several reports online that indicate the Vietnam doc soundtrack drops Sept 15 via UMC. 3xLP and CD.  Although I'm starting to think there was a typo and they meant UMG. UMC appears to be a church group. 

Edited by psus2h

My Fragile and Broken LP's showed up today. Packaging was done well with them bubble wrapped and put in a mailer inside the box. Both are pristine thank god! 

Just noticed that the records are shipped out of their inner sleeve and dont actually fit it! The Broken 7" inch doesn't even fit its sleeve. What the heck!

Edited by rickydenim

On 8/23/2017 at 6:37 PM, zdkaiser said:

Good luck to you, but based on everything in this thread, I'd be surprised if those records show up next day. :)

Order placed August 23rd & selected FedEx standard overnight shipping . They arrived last week at work, while I was off, on September 1st via USPS parcel select.  I just find it funny the only shipping options were FedEx Ground & Express  $15 to $20, and they use USPS Parcel Select. 

All things considered, I'm just happy they showed up in 8 days, with no crushed corners, or spine splits.  I feel for those who waited 8 months, and their records showed up beat to shit.

Anybody ordering from this point forward, just use the cheapest shipping option offered.  

FINALLY got my order in today. Broken, Fragile, TDS & NTAE. All jammed into one mailer. No bubblewrap or anything. The mailer itself is pretty beat, but somehow the worst I can see right now is a slight corner dig on Broken (which was sandwiched between Fragile and NTAE. no idea how Broken took the hit). dumb luck by the looks of it.

*ok, I take it back. after unwrapping them I'm finding more damage than I thought. Not overly terrible, I've had way worse delivered, but still shitty for the price of these things (along with the other dumb design flaws of the covers/size/quality). :/

Edited by 16Shells
pfffft

On 9/5/2017 at 4:29 AM, rickydenim said:

My Fragile and Broken LP's showed up today. Packaging was done well with them bubble wrapped and put in a mailer inside the box. Both are pristine thank god! 

Just noticed that the records are shipped out of their inner sleeve and dont actually fit it! The Broken 7" inch doesn't even fit its sleeve. What the heck!

The Broken 7" does fit the printed sleeve, just not while it's inside the stock sleeve.  It's one or the other... pretty dumb i know.

20 hours ago, tussin said:

Order placed August 23rd & selected FedEx standard overnight shipping . They arrived last week at work, while I was off, on September 1st via USPS parcel select.  I just find it funny the only shipping options were FedEx Ground & Express  $15 to $20, and they use USPS Parcel Select. 

All things considered, I'm just happy they showed up in 8 days, with no crushed corners, or spine splits.  I feel for those who waited 8 months, and their records showed up beat to shit.

Anybody ordering from this point forward, just use the cheapest shipping option offered.  

I originally had the FedEx 1-day overnight as well.  That order was "confirmed lost", so when they sent my replacement order they sent it via DHL/USPS tagteam option "because it's a trackable shipping method".  I was a bit blown away that the premium FedEx overnight shipping doesn't have tracking, never bothered to find out if they were bullshitting me but I wouldn't be surprised.

I thought someone had mentioned a few pages back in the thread that it looked as though the operation was going to be taken to yet another distributor?  Trent took to the ETS forum asking if people had a preference for a distributor?  Because ETS folks were getting shipped empty mailers?  Any other news about that, I can't find anything.  I'm excited about the continuing NIN reissue campaign, but not at all excited at the prospect of having to deal with shitbag again.

There's still no other outlet to order these or any word of widespread distribution right? I work in a record store & we don't even have listings in our system for these releases & I can't find them anywhere else online. Really want all the reissues but this thread has me horrified to order direct from NIN.

33 minutes ago, Andthejets27 said:

There's still no other outlet to order these or any word of widespread distribution right? I work in a record store & we don't even have listings in our system for these releases & I can't find them anywhere else online. Really want all the reissues but this thread has me horrified to order direct from NIN.

Nothing official on widespread distribution to record stores that I'm aware of still.  I think collectively no one truly believes that the NIN online storefront is going to be the only place to get this stuff at retail price, but you never know...

If you really want them and don't want to pay nutty ebay prices, I'd recommend just biting the bullet and ordering through the NIN store.  Looks like Broken is showing Sold Out now, but I doubt it is truly sold out, it'll probably pop back up again like Deviations did.  There were several people that posted in this thread that ordered and received their order with little or no issues at all.