All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

2 hours ago, thesecrets0308 said:

I thought someone had mentioned a few pages back in the thread that it looked as though the operation was going to be taken to yet another distributor?  Trent took to the ETS forum asking if people had a preference for a distributor?  Because ETS folks were getting shipped empty mailers?  Any other news about that, I can't find anything.  I'm excited about the continuing NIN reissue campaign, but not at all excited at the prospect of having to deal with shitbag again.

The thread is titled great merch experiences or something to that effect. The user teitan is Trent. 

Anyway, I doubt the switch over will happen until later this year when they are finished with this batch and he is ready to release the 3rd ep/AV/other reissues. I'm just wondering if he will do it in two lots as their are another 2 soundtracks to go up, and things like Quake too. 

3 hours ago, thesecrets0308 said:

I originally had the FedEx 1-day overnight as well.  That order was "confirmed lost", so when they sent my replacement order they sent it via DHL/USPS tagteam option "because it's a trackable shipping method".  I was a bit blown away that the premium FedEx overnight shipping doesn't have tracking, never bothered to find out if they were bullshitting me but I wouldn't be surprised.

That's a complete horseshit answer from them. Every FedEx Express or Ground shipment has a tracking number.  

Just realized the blank side if Broken has a bunch of writing around it.

What's the deal with that? Thought these were supposed to be the same as the originals. I like the booklet, but I always enjoyed the look of the completely smooth side of Broken. 

Also, got a tracking # 2 days ago for my Fragile via DHL. 2 days and it still says it's not a valid tracking #.

Placed an order, after a week hadn't heard anything, shot a msg to Sandbag.... And they got back to me the next day with a tracking # showing arrival in 2 days. Coincidentally (or not), looks like the shipment was mailed out between the time I sent the msg and the time they responded with the equivalent of "Look! It already shipped!!" 

I'm not saying contact them directly if you don't hear anything soon, but it can't hurt. Squeaky wheels, grease, etc.

FYI shipment did show up in 2 days (today). Not the best mailer but there was bubble wrap. Fragile had a couple bent corners but if you're not packing a heavy set like that one correctly, it's bound to happen. Broken looked fine. I'll take it.

Follow up that Broken is absolutely dead silent, both sides and the 7". A rarity with modern vinyl.

Sound is similar to the original CD, though I haven't A/Bed them. It's not cut especially hot, and I didn't notice any additional compression compared to the original mix (which was fairly compressed, as that's the NIN sound). Definitely sounds better than it did on my shitty tape deck back in '92.

Not sure if this was mentioned

PCHLPI124-Large.jpg

Legendary Woodstock '94 Live Set On Deluxe Edition Double LP!
Limited Edition Clear Vinyl!

In 1994, NIN set out on their notorious Self Destruct Tour with shows often descending into violence and chaos, as the members routinely smashed equipment - and often themselves too - at the climax of each performance. Perhaps the most memorable event however was NIN's set at Woodstock '94 in Saugerties, New York on Saturday August 13th, where the group played alongside Joe Cocker, Crosby, Stills & Nash, Cypress Hill and numerous others. Often dubbed "Mudstock", NIN took to the stage drenched and dirty, and attracted the largest crowd of the entire weekend. Broadcast live on FM radio and Pay-Per-View television to an audience of over 24 million, this recording includes the entire performance given by the band on this momentous occasion. Despite Reznor's later dissatisfaction with the results, it remains the stuff of legend. With exceptional renditions of 'March Of The Pigs', 'Closer' and 'Happiness Is Slavery' alongside other classics, this brutal and uncompromising show is captured here in the highest possible quality and will form a welcome addition to the collections of fans everywhere.

Features:
• Deluxe Edition Double LP
• Limited Edition Clear Vinyl
• 140g Vinyl
• Import

Selections:
Side A
1. Terrible Lie
2. Sin
3. March Of The Pigs
4. Something I Can Never Have
Side B:
5. Closer
6. Reptile
7. Wish
8. Suck
Side C:
9. Burn
10. The Only Time
11. Down In It
Side D:
12. Dead Souls
13. Help Me I Am In Hell
14. Happiness In Slavery
15. Head Like A Hole

$30.31 Prime

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0733DSH6G?tag=upcomingvinyl-20

1 hour ago, VinylMario said:

Not sure if this was mentioned

PCHLPI124-Large.jpg

Legendary Woodstock '94 Live Set On Deluxe Edition Double LP!
Limited Edition Clear Vinyl!

In 1994, NIN set out on their notorious Self Destruct Tour with shows often descending into violence and chaos, as the members routinely smashed equipment - and often themselves too - at the climax of each performance. Perhaps the most memorable event however was NIN's set at Woodstock '94 in Saugerties, New York on Saturday August 13th, where the group played alongside Joe Cocker, Crosby, Stills & Nash, Cypress Hill and numerous others. Often dubbed "Mudstock", NIN took to the stage drenched and dirty, and attracted the largest crowd of the entire weekend. Broadcast live on FM radio and Pay-Per-View television to an audience of over 24 million, this recording includes the entire performance given by the band on this momentous occasion. Despite Reznor's later dissatisfaction with the results, it remains the stuff of legend. With exceptional renditions of 'March Of The Pigs', 'Closer' and 'Happiness Is Slavery' alongside other classics, this brutal and uncompromising show is captured here in the highest possible quality and will form a welcome addition to the collections of fans everywhere.

Features:
• Deluxe Edition Double LP
• Limited Edition Clear Vinyl
• 140g Vinyl
• Import

Selections:
Side A
1. Terrible Lie
2. Sin
3. March Of The Pigs
4. Something I Can Never Have
Side B:
5. Closer
6. Reptile
7. Wish
8. Suck
Side C:
9. Burn
10. The Only Time
11. Down In It
Side D:
12. Dead Souls
13. Help Me I Am In Hell
14. Happiness In Slavery
15. Head Like A Hole

$30.31 Prime

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0733DSH6G?tag=upcomingvinyl-20

I have a couple NIN releases from Parachute. They sound like someone had a recorder in their pocket during the show.

I'd pass.

Every recording I've heard of that show has been awful. I feel the mix of shitty setup, shitty mixing, the band drunk and high as fuck, them fucking up equipment causing sound issues (Robin's guitar is dead for like the latter half of Happiness in Slavery) Makes it impossible to get a decent recording of this. I don't think I'd ever buy a sound recording, the video is fine enough. 

5 minutes ago, roadmonkey said:

Every recording I've heard of that show has been awful. I feel the mix of shitty setup, shitty mixing, the band drunk and high as fuck, them fucking up equipment causing sound issues (Robin's guitar is dead for like the latter half of Happiness in Slavery) Makes it impossible to get a decent recording of this. I don't think I'd ever buy a sound recording, the video is fine enough. 

I don't think I'd ever want to listen to it without the video. The video is what makes it such an awesome performance. This is a show to see, not one to hear in isolation. 

23 minutes ago, jhulud said:

I have a bootleg CD of that Woodstock '94 recording as released by Kiss The Stone. It's one of the best-sounding recordings of that set for what it was. It's not soundboard but close enough.

R-813323-1378439894-8352.jpeg.jpg

I have that boot, as well as one called "Mud Pigs," which has an adequate mix too.  I should take the two of them and make a monstrously adequate mix... 

8 hours ago, Rottengoth said:

Sorry but this thread is just too hard to keep up with, anywhere I can pick up broken definitive?  Website says sold out

Right now, the official store is the only place to purchase these. All of the other LPs have gone out of stock and then come back into stock, so we've gotta just hope for that.