All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

I'd take a pic but i just got back to work after running home to get mine out of the heat. I ordered 2 and they were packaged in one of the amazon style mailers with no extra cardboard or anything. But with 2 of them in there is was a hefty package and arrived pretty much mint. Special thanks again to whoever it was that posted the link. Can't believe we got this for so cheap.

3 hours ago, jhulud said:

This thread is greatly lacking full-on balls-out pics of the TVW packaging and BB LP mailer.

I've never learned how to upload pics on this site, but:

• BB mailer was the same one I've received for the last year or so.  oversized ~amazon-style folded-cardboard protection inside of a ~flimsy sticky cardboard mailer.  as with all of my past BB orders, everything looks great.
  • TVW packaging has the American soldier on the front and the Vietnamese person on the back.  The jacket is not a gatefold, but is wide enough for 3 records (each in thick looking inner sleeves)

I haven't opened mine yet because I'm still waiting for my NIN.com order to ship(...), so I will probably wait to see which copy I open and which copy I leave sealed

Mine arrived today.

Yeah, the BB LP mailer sucks balls. Even worse than the ones used in the UK which I'm always bitching about. It was beat to hell but thankfully the records are OK. The "box" jacket was not severely damaged thankfully. Minor crimp at top right where the opening for the sleeves and records are. There are seam splits happening though in the sleeves.

Overall though...not going to complain much considering the price snafu from BB. I have a copy coming in from Amoeba so once it gets here, I'll decide which to open.

9 hours ago, simple_torture said:

If you're not watching the Vietnam War documentary, I highly recommend it. Alternate title: "Watch the Lyrics to 'We Didn't Start the Fire' Slowly Unfold Over 15 hours."

I've been watching it so far and it's very fascinating. I'm a sucker for history overall and this is has me at attention. Esp. given that TR+AR are involved.

I gave the soundtrack/score a run-through tonight and it's fantastic. Definitely falls somewhere in between the sounds & textures & feels that they've done with TGWTDT and Gone Girl. Very subtle and background-ish and disturbing in a "is it really there?" feel to it.

12 minutes ago, jhulud said:

I've been watching it so far and it's very fascinating. I'm a sucker for history overall and this is has me at attention. Esp. given that TR+AR are involved.

I gave the soundtrack/score a run-through tonight and it's fantastic. Definitely falls somewhere in between the sounds & textures & feels that they've done with TGWTDT and Gone Girl. Very subtle and background-ish and disturbing in a "is it really there?" feel to it.

I found out today that a colleague's dad is in it. He was the guy in Episode 1 talking about an ambush who originally prayed that he'd get killed instead of his men, but then asked himself, "WTF am I thinking?"

^^ YES!!! That guy was intense! I felt so much for him and his selfless-ness. It moved me.

I've met and known a couple of family friends who were and involved in the Vietnam war and sitting down hearing their stories...esp. as I got older and understood and grasped things better...it all shook me to the core and jarred me. Same goes for some older friends who have dealt things in the middle east militarily.

This record sounds fantastic.  It is absolutely dead silent, which is great because some of the songs are really quiet.  Such a steal for $13.  I noticed Best Buy changed the price to $45, but it's till sold out.  Just started listening to side D, but side C has been my favorite so far, it starts to pick up.  I'm guessing these will be as limited as Gone Girl and GWTDTT?

33 minutes ago, floyd_z said:

This record sounds fantastic.  It is absolutely dead silent, which is great because some of the songs are really quiet.  Such a steal for $13.  I noticed Best Buy changed the price to $45, but it's till sold out.  Just started listening to side D, but side C has been my favorite so far, it starts to pick up.  I'm guessing these will be as limited as Gone Girl and GWTDTT?

I didn’t think Gone Girl was limited at all considering it’s still available.  TGWTDT was super limited though.  I’d love to see a regular release of it at some point.

I’d say this will be easy to come by for quite a while.

1 hour ago, highfives said:

I didn’t think Gone Girl was limited at all considering it’s still available.  TGWTDT was super limited though.  I’d love to see a regular release of it at some point.

I’d say this will be easy to come by for quite a while.

Ahh you're right I was thinking of The Social Network

Yeah, if anyone that bought multiples of TVW score from Best Buy is planning to resell, it would be cool if someone would also sell me one at cost + shipping.  I put in my order last Tuesday and it's been sitting in Preparing status since then.  Called to find out what was going on and was told it was placed on backorder.  Looks like i was a little late to get my order in.

2 hours ago, thesecrets0308 said:

Yeah, if anyone that bought multiples of TVW score from Best Buy is planning to resell, it would be cool if someone would also sell me one at cost + shipping.  I put in my order last Tuesday and it's been sitting in Preparing status since then.  Called to find out what was going on and was told it was placed on backorder.  Looks like i was a little late to get my order in.

I'd also like to hop in line if someone wanted to let a copy go for cost plus shipping. 

btw, if anyone else ordered TVW from the NIN store, my package arrived today (despite never receiving a shipping notice).  it was packed in a regular mailer and wrapped in bubblewrap (mailed from Texas, as I recall).

if it wasn't for the fact that I was also able to get a copy from Best Buy for $14, I think I'd be ~fully satisfied with this Sandbag experience.

b7fbcfa0-5819-4520-abfc-2a7dddacc2c0.png

c6a35052-d687-402b-aee6-37774e49b22d.jpg
Hello,

As a loyal customer of the NIN.com store, we are giving you the first opportunity to purchase tickets to see Nine Inch Nails at The Joint in Las Vegas, NV on October 20th.

The presale begins Wednesday September 27th at 10am PST.

Here is your unique, one time use presale code: 
XAZGBCSQ

Here is the presale link.

There is a 4 ticket limit per person.

See you in Las Vegas!

-Nine Inch Nails

There's no way I'd make this, figured I give somebody else the chance.