All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

1 hour ago, Andthejets27 said:

didn't someone say a few pages back that these were supposed to be available in stores today? Guessing that never went anywhere?

When NIN did their Q&A in Chicago last month Reckless Records had posted that the represses would be available at the event and that they weren't officially out until 10/13.

Uh. OK.

So I've been home all evening. My parents came home from doing whatever and tell me they found a package in our porch. Sure enough it's one of them shitty-ass Euro LP mailers and with a Belgium return address. Open it up and it's a sealed copy of TF: Deviations 1. Still beat up a bit w/ one crimped-ass corner and creases diagonally across the top left. No packing slip or anything. I never got any email notice either. I know at one point weeks and weeks ago, Sand(Shit)bag tweeted back at me that they'd replace the damaged replacement jacket they had sent weeks prior to that.

I feel like I've entered Bizarro World or something.

X11O5.gif

20 minutes ago, clerk3745 said:

That’s not the Reznor version though

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, clerk3745 said:

So finally got around to listening to my copy of The Fragile, and it skips during "Even Deeper". The rest sounds great, its bad enough that I'm thinking about attempting to contacting ...someone, about a replacement. Anyone else have any issues with skipping?

No skips on my copy. 

So just a heads up to anybody wanting to buy some of the records on the webstore, i just attended the Aftershock performance and sure enough one of my friends was doing merch for them, they had all the currently available records that are in the webstore right now at their shows (why they are back in stock now) and all of them were pretty beat up. So the shipping itself isn’t damaging them they are already damaged (jackets) they didn’t have any that were pristine. I picked up fragile and dev 1. 

Thought id give everyone a heads up.

On 10/13/2017 at 7:41 PM, jhulud said:

Uh. OK.

So I've been home all evening. My parents came home from doing whatever and tell me they found a package in our porch. Sure enough it's one of them shitty-ass Euro LP mailers and with a Belgium return address. Open it up and it's a sealed copy of TF: Deviations 1. Still beat up a bit w/ one crimped-ass corner and creases diagonally across the top left. No packing slip or anything. I never got any email notice either. I know at one point weeks and weeks ago, Sand(Shit)bag tweeted back at me that they'd replace the damaged replacement jacket they had sent weeks prior to that.

I feel like I've entered Bizarro World or something.

X11O5.gif

I had a similar experience - TDS, Fragile, Broken, and NTAE all came shipped in a flimsy mailer with no extra protection, and the corners of Broken and The Fragile were particulary messed up, so I asked for replacement sleeves for those. A few weeks later, I get this huge box - they shipped a sleeve for Broken which they sandwiched between two heavy pieces of cardboard, wrapped in bubble wrap, put this thick 1" foam (like pipe insulation) around the corners, put another layer of bubble wrap over that, then boxed the whole thing. Needless to say, it was in perfect condition, and made me wonder why they didn't send the records like that to begin with.

A week later, I still hadn't gotten anything for The Fragile, so I emailed customer service again to check, and they said it was shipped separately. A few days after that, I received new sealed copies of TDS and NTAE - each in its own unprotected mailer, and TDS was comically beat up, like someone was throwing the box at a wall or something. A few days after that, I got a sealed copy of The Fragile, also packaged shittily, but fortunately in decent shape. Then, a week ago, I got another sealed copy of Fragile Deviations, which I had never even asked about. So, I basically ended up with two of each of them - no wonder these were so expensive, if everyone gets multiple copies!:lol:

Edited by The Royal Dutch of Dukes

11 minutes ago, The Royal Dutch of Dukes said:

I had a similar experience - TDS, Fragile, Broken, and NTAE all came shipped in a flimsy mailer with no extra protection, and the corners of Broken and The Fragile were particulary messed up, so I asked for replacement sleeves for those. A few weeks later, I get this huge box - they shipped a sleeve for Broken which they sandwiched between two heavy pieces of cardboard, wrapped in bubble wrap, put this thick 1" foam (like pipe insulation) around the corners, put another layer of bubble wrap over that, then boxed the whole thing. Needless to say, it was in perfect condition, and made me wonder why they didn't send the records like that to begin with.

A week later, I still hadn't gotten anything for The Fragile, so I emailed customer service again to check, and they said it was shipped separately. A few days after that, I received new sealed copies of TDS and NTAE - each in its own unprotected mailer, and TDS was comically beat up, like someone was throwing the box at a wall or something. A few days after that, I got a sealed copy of The Fragile, also packaged shittily, but fortunately in decent shape. Then, a week ago, I got another sealed copy of Fragile Deviations, which I had never even asked about. So, I basically ended up with two of each of them - no wonder these were so expensive, if everyone gets multiple copies!:lol:

Ha! Yeah I had the same shit happen.  Got a massive box all perfectly wrapped and secured and in it was a fucking replacement jacket.  Then I got a seperate barely  protected packaged  with brand new ntae and broken.  I have several of each now lol.

1 hour ago, Dustinhxc said:

You got me excited. I checked the store and still says coming soon. 

1 hour ago, Adoty4213 said:

I don't have money for Year Zero & With Teeth right now :( 

Got me excited too, this post is what showed up in my email notifications.  

Also, that posted picture of future release dates for the NIN records looks suspiciously like some bullshit you'd see on facebook (aka... fake), but maybe it isn't.  Has anyone called their local record stores to see if we can get confirmation from another source?

completely unrelated note, but since this thread has already been bumped, I just wanted to say that I'm digging Alessandro's new album, Avanti.  I've had a bit of trouble getting into some of his other albums, but I've liked Avanti from the start.

https://smile.amazon.com/Avanti-Alessandro-Cortini/dp/B074BKMKKX/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1508958151&sr=8-1&keywords=alessandro+cortini+avanti

40 minutes ago, thesecrets0308 said:

Got me excited too, this post is what showed up in my email notifications.  

Also, that posted picture of future release dates for the NIN records looks suspiciously like some bullshit you'd see on facebook (aka... fake), but maybe it isn't.  Has anyone called their local record stores to see if we can get confirmation from another source?

My local shop told me Nov. 17th before I ever brought up this thread. 

21 hours ago, harryq said:

completely unrelated note, but since this thread has already been bumped, I just wanted to say that I'm digging Alessandro's new album, Avanti.  I've had a bit of trouble getting into some of his other albums, but I've liked Avanti from the start.

https://smile.amazon.com/Avanti-Alessandro-Cortini/dp/B074BKMKKX/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1508958151&sr=8-1&keywords=alessandro+cortini+avanti

I'm into all of it, but Avanti is top notch.  Probably a good starting point for anyone who's interested in his catalog.

On 10/25/2017 at 3:03 PM, clerk3745 said:

My local shop told me Nov. 17th before I ever brought up this thread. 

I called both of my best local stores to check the other day and the only thing either of them see is Add Violence for 11/17, nothing about the others.  They both said that's just what they see from their supplier.  If Trent has the others sent to stores directly, they'd just get surprised with it.