All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

I really do feel the pain of the fans that have ordered from these terrible distributors.

Apparently, no vetting at all goes on when  they choose who to partner with.

It's the hardcore fans that pay the literal and figurative price , while more casual fans like me who were in no hurry got Broken and The Fragile shipped in perfect condition for $54 from Amazon.

Pretty shitty 

8 hours ago, jhulud said:

Received the two posters from the the new shipping company. Worst packaging ever. The poster tube was not even legit. There were not even caps. It was round-cut cardboard caps taped to the ends. And the tube itself was mainly crushed. The posters were crimped at the ends so sheared at the edges. So yeah, the prints damaged. 

Fuck. This.

8 hours ago, jhulud said:

Received the two posters from the the new shipping company. Worst packaging ever. The poster tube was not even legit. There were not even caps. It was round-cut cardboard caps taped to the ends. And the tube itself was mainly crushed. The posters were crimped at the ends so sheared at the edges. So yeah, the prints damaged. 

Fuck. This. Shit. 

Mine were in a heavy tube with legit ends taped up, posters wrapped in paper, delivered three days after the order. I was pretty amazed they got something right. But the overall lack of shipping consistency this past year is mind blowing.

11 hours ago, jhulud said:

Fuck. This. Shit. 

Want to unload one? They sold out before I had a chance to grab one

Add Violence doesn't sound bad to my ears at all, but it is noticeably different from most records, and my ears hear it as being due to a comparatively much more dark EQ profile.

Of course, I've done no wave form analysis-not that I would know how-it's just how my ears interpret it. I didn't change my receivers settings either. 

Cant compare it to any digital version, as I got this at a local indie record shop rather than order online. As others have noted, the EP doesn't come with a download, so I have the minor inconvenience of having to buy a digital version after the fact because I opted to support a local business.  No biggie.

Side note, two local indie record stores in my area have both new EPs, all the current reissues, and Deviations (which I understood to be limited and web store exclusive). As such, that's the route I'm gonna go for With Teeth, Year Zero, The Slip, and EP3 whenever they are due. 

Can anyone who has TDS Back to Black and the Definitive Edition compare sound quality?

Also, does TDS definitive come with an essay/booklet like broken does. I saw scans of the broken essay all over and after picking it up can say that was worth the price of admission, so I'm wondering if TDS and the Fragile got the same treatment and if the liner notes etc are as extensive. 

46 minutes ago, negavinyl said:

Can anyone who has TDS Back to Black and the Definitive Edition compare sound quality?

Also, does TDS definitive come with an essay/booklet like broken does. I saw scans of the broken essay all over and after picking it up can say that was worth the price of admission, so I'm wondering if TDS and the Fragile got the same treatment and if the liner notes etc are as extensive. 

TDS and The Fragile both have an essay booklet

Is there any way to get a refund using PayPal after the 180 day window for filing a claim? I've been waiting for a replacement from Sandbag for my beat to hell copy of the Deviations album since July. After countless emails with Sandbag, they have basically just stopped responding to me. Apparently they sent two replacements out with no tracking from the UK. One in July 2017. Never arrived. Another in October 2017. Still waiting on that one. 

I was trying to work this out with the seller, but now that 180 day window is closed. I literally ordered this in Dec. 16, 2016, almost a year ago. What a joke. And now Sandbag is out of the picture. So I might just be screwed. Luckily Trent spit in my face with that petty 20% off coupon. 

Like I'd ever order from NIN.com again. Overpriced, damaged goods, with downloads that don't even unzip properly. 

Ok. Done venting.

On 11/26/2017 at 4:58 PM, negavinyl said:

I bought both. I was just going to keep my Kevin Gray pressing but this weekend i decided to get the definitive also as it's my favorite album ever.

I only listened once but my initial thoughts were the definitive seemed to have more detail but was missing some of that in your face sound/raw sound  that the Kevin Gray did.

I am going to spend some more time with both of them this weekend

Edited by youspinmeround

On 11/30/2017 at 9:46 PM, youspinmeround said:

I bought both. I was just going to keep my Kevin Gray pressing but this weekend i decided to get the definitive also as it's my favorite album ever.

I only listened once but my initial thoughts were the definitive seemed to have more detail but was missing some of that in your face sound/raw sound  that the Kevin Gray did.

I am going to spend some more time with both of them this weekend

Thanks to this thread I picked up both of these definitive editions as well. I would agree with your description of the differences w/ TDS. 

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 3:55 PM, Adam10647 said:

It's the lyrics to LAST

That's what it starts out as....yes.

Via NIN wiki:

The B side of the vinyl is an etching with a cryptic message circling around the surface in a spiral fashion, reducing in size as it goes. It begins with lines from "Last" ("this isn't meant to last this is for right now") before descending into a rant, with some lines deliberately scratched out.

On 25/11/2017 at 4:17 PM, psus2h said:

So does Add Violence feel a bit underwhelming on vinyl, or am I just losing my hearing today?  It feels very flat and a bit compressed compared to everything else TR/AR have put out recently.

Nope.  I think your hearing is fine.  I'm finding AV to sound rather "meh" for the most part.  Muffled and muddy and kind of shit all around.

Maybe we'll get a definitive edition in a couple years?