All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

• 2 months later...

Doesn't the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo vinyl fetch a ton of money?  Apparently Best Buy has at least 1 in stock for only $399.99.  Still too rich for my blood, but maybe someone in here would be interested.  I thought they were limited to 3,000 copies, numbered and all signed by Trent and Atticus.  I'm curious if Best Buy for real has one of these and if it's not all beat up hanging around their warehouse.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-original-motion-picture-soundtrack-lp-vinyl/19991153.p?skuId=19991153

55 minutes ago, thesecrets0308 said:

Doesn't the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo vinyl fetch a ton of money?  Apparently Best Buy has at least 1 in stock for only $399.99.  Still too rich for my blood, but maybe someone in here would be interested.  I thought they were limited to 3,000 copies, numbered and all signed by Trent and Atticus.  I'm curious if Best Buy for real has one of these and if it's not all beat up hanging around their warehouse.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-original-motion-picture-soundtrack-lp-vinyl/19991153.p?skuId=19991153

I have this, got crazy lucky on ebay. but yeah its limited, signed, numbered, absolutely gorgeous. I'm not about to spend $400 just to see if its legit. What throws me off about this too is the original retail price was $300. 

2 minutes ago, clerk3745 said:

I have this, got crazy lucky on ebay. but yeah its limited, signed, numbered, absolutely gorgeous. I'm not about to spend $400 just to see if its legit. What throws me off about this too is the original retail price was $300. 

I feel like Best Buy sets their own price on this stuff.  I remember not long ago when we discovered they had the vietnam war score listed for dirt cheap compared to everywhere else and it was clearly a mistake in the price but they had to honor it for the people that were quick enough to snag one for what was it, like $17 or 18 shipped?  Maybe someone over there is privy to the fact this was a release from 6 years ago that today seems to sell from between $400-600.

1 minute ago, clerk3745 said:

They had the Deluxe Ghosts at one point (not the LP one but the DVD,CD BR one) and they up charged that too they were trying to get 80 for it when you could still get it from NIN for 60. Who knows big retailer maybe they sent them one to get them to buy more Null corp stuff.

Heads up Trent and Atticus is on BBC at 10:40 (West coast time) hopefully get some EP 3 news and some repress and dare I dream a US this Fall news.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/6music

Yeah, new EP should be creeping on the come-up.  Also still waiting for the pre-orders for With Teeth and Year Zero to open up.  I hope what's taking so long is Trent is looking for a distributor competent enough to handle his merch and we won't have to deal with the sandbag shenanigans again...

2 minutes ago, Adam10647 said:

EP3 should be "some time before these (UK) shows".  Sounds like we won't be getting it till May or June. 

May or June isn't so bad. Given that it didn't drop earlier this year, I kind of imagined the delay would be longer. May is just two months, that's not so bad. Hopefully, those other reissues go up then too!

While that is a good price for the original release of girl with a dragon tattoo, it's always been to spendy for me. Wish he released a normal retail version. I do want that flash drive though. Love that soundtrack! I love some of the white and off white shirts in the store, but I mostly wear black. Wish they were on black! Like the sin shirt, so cool. Can't wait for the repressings of with teeth and year zero! Also the 3rd ep! Hoping NIN tour US next fall / winter. Glad we road tripped to two of the festival's last year. 

GWTDT was available in their new shop but sold out quickly when they added the discount code for the supplier mess ups. I bought one when they originally came out but frankly, it's a novelty for those who actually care and may be more of a hassle to move for a price you want down the road then the $400 it's worth at BB.

I wonder if it would work to try and take advantage of BB's price match guarantee by referencing the NIN store listing... probably not because A. it's sold out at the NIN store and B.  NIN store probably doesn't qualify as a "competitor" of BB.  Maybe if you got a real dumb CSR to help you... haha is it worth a shot?

https://store.nin.com/products/the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-deluxe-box-set

53 minutes ago, thesecrets0308 said:

I wonder if it would work to try and take advantage of BB's price match guarantee by referencing the NIN store listing... probably not because A. it's sold out at the NIN store and B.  NIN store probably doesn't qualify as a "competitor" of BB.  Maybe if you got a real dumb CSR to help you... haha is it worth a shot?

https://store.nin.com/products/the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-deluxe-box-set

NOPE! Worth a shot thanks for the suggestion. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jhulud said:

Tour announcement today. Supposedly. There's a reddit thread about it and it's been blowing up over at ETS. The presale process, if true, will be clusterfuck and will leave a lot of fans pissed off.

According to Ticketmaster's listing for the Detroit gigs it appears to be true. You have to go to a designated  location in person next weekend in your  city to buy the presale tickets. Considering that most people who would be hitting a NIN show in Detroit probably don't live anywhere near Little Ceasar's arena in downtown that is extra obnoxious.

Plus side is that the Jesus & Mark Chain are opening. I like how he's decided to tour with bands who  had him open for them back in the day like Peter Murphy, Jane's Addiction.and now J&MC.

I'll probably wait to see some setlists and if they look good I'll just fork over the extra cash for a pit tickets last second.