All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

Man.. I see where Trent is coming from. Hell yeah, Id LOVE to wait in line with other NIN fans and get hard tickets day of. BUT, the closest show is 9 hours away. Which, we totally were planning to go to! Until we saw we have to purchase the tickets there as well... Im not driving 18 hours round trip just to get the tickets.. :( Couple shows we thought would be fun to fly to as well, but no way to get those tickets either.. They may be stopping some scalpers, they are also stopping long distance die hard fans..  So that really sucks. Hoping some scalpers get tickets so we can buy tickets to the shows we want to go to. Chicago and NY. 

New album, sweet! The name is badass, the cover art looks cool. The teaser sounds awesome! The new merch with pretty hate machine on it looks nice. Hoping With Teeth and Year Zero are released soon... 

On 5/10/2018 at 11:00 AM, Plarocks said:

Up at Bull Moose!

I went ahead and ordered it along with the new Indigo Girls and The Album Leaf’s “The Endless” soundtrack.

I am hoping TE is going to be the cool “swirl” color that is on his website, but will live with it if this comes on “classic black” vinyl.

I just love not having to pay shipping for my records. :D

The version of The Endless soundtrack we will have is black & blue starburst vinyl. Thanks for ordering from us without knowing the color!

I like the whole box office ticket thing in theory, but yeah it kind of sucks.  I really don't want to make a four hour round trip to Detroit to stand in the rain downtown.  Instead of playing two Detroit shows they could play one there and one in Grand Rapids.  It would sell out easily.  

Also, how the hell is 6 songs an 'album' and not en EP?

Pretty sure this is an EP... Trent announced that he would do 3 EPs, Not the Actual Events, Add Violence, and so naturally this would seem like number three in the series. Whoever does their storefront probably just labeled it wrong, I've also seen people mistakenly call any sort of 12" record an LP, such as an EP or a single. 

2 minutes ago, SeanPuffy said:

Pretty sure this is an EP... Trent announced that he would do 3 EPs, Not the Actual Events, Add Violence, and so naturally this would seem like number three in the series. Whoever does their storefront probably just labeled it wrong, I've also seen people mistakenly call any sort of 12" record an LP, such as an EP or a single. 

ehhh you're probably right.  I just saw on pitchfork that they retracted that this was an ep cause it's actually an lp.  Guess it really doesn't matter.   Also pitchfork is shit haha.

6 minutes ago, floyd_z said:

ehhh you're probably right.  I just saw on pitchfork that they retracted that this was an ep cause it's actually an lp.  Guess it really doesn't matter.   Also pitchfork is shit haha.

Correction: A previous version of this story referred to Bad Witch as an EP. A representative for the band has confirmed that it is an album.

Interesting

5 hours ago, floyd_z said:

I like the whole box office ticket thing in theory, but yeah it kind of sucks.  I really don't want to make a four hour round trip to Detroit to stand in the rain downtown.  Instead of playing two Detroit shows they could play one there and one in Grand Rapids.  It would sell out easily.  

On a normal tour he'd just stop at Ceasar's. But he's always liked doing these smaller shows. He did it when With Teeth came out and that supposed final tour.

I'm only 50 minutes away and I'm still not going to wait in line. for tix I'm gonna just suck it up and try and buy a last minute pit ticket. But if those up front tix are really $175 then I'll just be glad i saw him at clubs when they were at the top of their game.

2 hours ago, fish said:

On a normal tour he'd just stop at Ceasar's. But he's always liked doing these smaller shows. He did it when With Teeth came out and that supposed final tour.

I'm only 50 minutes away and I'm still not going to wait in line. for tix I'm gonna just suck it up and try and buy a last minute pit ticket. But if those up front tix are really $175 then I'll just be glad i saw him at clubs when they were at the top of their game.

Yeah I'd say $175 would be worth it.  I saw them basically front row at Lolla in '08.  It was insane.  One of the best shows I've ever seen.  I don't think any festival will ever beat that lineup.

On 5/10/2018 at 12:11 PM, lethalenforcer said:

I fucking hate the Aragon.

On 5/10/2018 at 10:35 AM, natenomm said:

Hell yeah, I'm excited to see Nine Inch Nails in the mid-2000's Olive Garden that is the Aragon Ballroom.

On 5/10/2018 at 12:42 PM, fish said:

One of my least favorite venues ever for sound. That and the hour it took to get downstairs and out after the shows.

Is there secretly a bunch of Chicago people on here? We should have like a show/meetup chat. 
Also yeah the Brawlroom is kinda trash, but I have seen a few cool hardcore shows here over the years.

Best large-ish (& open) venue in chicago is The Bottom Lounge. 

They never sell more than 300 tickets, so its not a sausage tin. Sound is great, no barrier at the stage, and great beers and good prices.

Edited by V3XED

3 hours ago, V3XED said:

Is there secretly a bunch of Chicago people on here? We should have like a show/meetup chat. 
Also yeah the Brawlroom is kinda trash, but I have seen a few cool hardcore shows here over the years.

Best large-ish (& open) venue in chicago is The Bottom Lounge. 

They never sell more than 300 tickets, so its not a sausage tin. Sound is great, no barrier at the stage, and great beers and good prices.

I'm in Michigan but before i had a kid i used to go to Chicago once a month to visit friends and check out shows by bands who liked to drive right past Detroit on their way to/from Toronto (New Order/ MBV/ Nick Cave/ Dead Can Dance/ Throbbing Gristle/ NIN @ The Congress etc).

If any of y'all are going to the Chicago presale this Saturday, Reckless is gonna have a pop up shop where you can preorder the record or the CD (guessing they're coming out together this time) and the first 250 people to do so are getting some exclusive lithograph. I don't know if it is the same one in the deluxe bundle from nin.com, however. 

Edited by Doomguy13