All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

My friend got to the NYC line at 8am and said it was a mod.  She waited and got tickets at 4pm in a shit sit.  Seems like a waste of a day to me.  Heard it was terrible organization. Pretty happy I stayed away.  And the prices were insane.  $250 for orchestra.  LOL thats insane.  I paid $100 to see them at Webster Hall last summer to a 1000 people cap and was 3 feet from Reznor. 

Love NIN but would never stand in these long lines or pay these prices. I last saw them in Vegas during the Hesitation Marks tour and was really disappointed. I thought the set-list was bad and didn’t care for the backup singers. The shows I saw in 2005 in Vegas at The Joint and 1999 at The Gorge were so much better. 

I think everyone’s missing the point. I got off work at 4am and slept in my car till about 7 and got in line in SF. Probably about 20th in line and it was a cool experience. Talking with other individuals and they even sent up exclusive merch there. Got 3 tickets for me and friends at $80 each. Grabbed a shirt and had a cool time. I think the point of all of it is being able to share an experience that doesn’t happen any longer now that we’re in a digital age

13 hours ago, ZeroNowhere said:

I'd rather sleep in with my wife and child and enjoy a Saturday morning not sleeping in my car at 4 after work (I get off at 5pm, not am, but good on ya), waking up at 7, and buying tickets.  But hey, that's just old me talking.  Good job, young you.  Well done.

I realize this is a smart ass response, and stoked for those that got tickets.  I considered it, but these days doing that to see NIN makes no sense to me at the prices they're charging.  I would have done it in 1994-95, though.

Yea I agree 100%.  love the band, but not enough to spend $250 for a GA or $100 for a nose bleed.  Would rather save my money and day spent getting tixs.  Judging from the feedback I see on their fb and ig, their plan backfired and fans are pissed

I love the idea of a physical, box office only release. It rewards fans and gives them a chance to get good seats (if they have the time of course). However, ticket prices for concerts are getting out of control for some artists and it’s really discouraging to see Trent and company charge $200-$250 face to fans willing to wait out in the pouring rain for hours. Disappointed I’ll be missing them but I can’t justify those prices. 

1 hour ago, pepperonigin said:

I love the idea of a physical, box office only release. It rewards fans and gives them a chance to get good seats (if they have the time of course). However, ticket prices for concerts are getting out of control for some artists and it’s really discouraging to see Trent and company charge $200-$250 face to fans willing to wait out in the pouring rain for hours. Disappointed I’ll be missing them but I can’t justify those prices. 

I see all these complaints about prices. I paid $80 a ticket, which seems about normal for a band with this kind of following. Even LCD is charging $50-60 a show now. I also only waited 2 hours in SF. Maybe some other markets had issues. 

9 hours ago, thischarmingman said:

I see all these complaints about prices. I paid $80 a ticket, which seems about normal for a band with this kind of following. Even LCD is charging $50-60 a show now.

I guess it depends on the city and where your ticket is. Face price for the worst tickets in Detroit (gallery) were $40 + fees. But the pit and good main floor tickets were $175. And the back rows of the mainfloor  were still $95. As far as I recall NIN has never charged anywhere near that much for the best seats when they've done these smaller shows in the past. At least they haven't at the cities near me.

If you're making people at a lot of these cities wait 6+ hours to even get them, maybe don't screw them and charge 2x the norm for those good seats. But Trent and co know that if you are willing to wait that long then you are willing to pay that much.

Edited by fish

11 hours ago, thischarmingman said:

I see all these complaints about prices. I paid $80 a ticket, which seems about normal for a band with this kind of following. Even LCD is charging $50-60 a show now. I also only waited 2 hours in SF. Maybe some other markets had issues. 

Best seats in Radio City were $250, cheapest was $75 for third mezz. I'm resigned to the fact that mid acts will be around $40-$50 and big names over $100 but to charge $250 and you have to wait around for 6 hours is crazy in my opinion. Obviously people were willing to do this and pay it so whatever.

I braved the Chicago line on Saturday. I showed up at around 9AM and the line was already about 6 blocks long. Fortunately I was surrounded by some cool as hell people in line, so we just shot the shit and drank beer the entire time. Apparently at one point a woman started vomiting blood in line and we had to walk through the aftermath of that, which was less than ideal, but the whole thing went surprisingly smooth. The staff and security were on their shit and the whole thing felt completely under control. I'm not saying I'd ever do it again, but it went as well as it possibly could have for me.

4 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

That's a pretty fair response to some dweeb crying about EP/album labeling.

AND saying Trent, who is not only a season musician in the music industry, but actually has a significant amount of experience on the corporate side, including streaming services, saying he doesn't know what he's talking about.

7 minutes ago, kramer73 said:

That's a pretty fair response from any musician to any fan complaining about their music.

True. But bitching about EP/LP is next level "Shut the fuck up." The only time that distinction matters is when it comes to artist/label contracts. I'm not surprised someone on ETS has a bug up their ass about it though.

ESPECIALLY since the tracklist and runtime is available up front. It's not like Trent is trying to pull one over on fans.

27 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

True. But bitching about EP/LP is next level "Shut the fuck up." The only time that distinction matters is when it comes to artist/label contracts. I'm not surprised someone on ETS has a bug up their ass about it though.

ESPECIALLY since the tracklist and runtime is available up front. It's not like Trent is trying to pull one over on fans.

I totally agree.  Trent's honestly is appreciated, esp. "suck my entire cock".  :)