All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

1 minute ago, harryq said:

Not until we get the "choose-your-own-color" The Downward Spiral, the "broken" Broken EP that requires the "fixed" adapter, and the "only-plays-once" reissue of The Fragile that is only sold as a bundle with tickets to a show in LA.

Shit, if they did a Coloring Book concept with Broken and Fixed, I'd buy it.

Just saw an update on ETS from Silva Management (NIN mgmt company):

*Definitely ended relationship with Firebrand (Foo Fighters and QotSA also in the same management stable, so thats bad news for their company).

*Webstore has closed so they can transfer over all of the existing orders to the new fulfillment store (makes sense to stop taking new orders while doing that obviously).

*Once the transition is complete, they will have the ability to fire out order updates ASAP and fulfill the orders.

So I'd say in a week or so we will all get updates with either shipping notifications or a timeline. By the wording it sounded as though the records are pretty well good to go and the hold up was on firebrands end.

23 minutes ago, Cecil said:

Just saw an update on ETS from Silva Management (NIN mgmt company):

*Definitely ended relationship with Firebrand (Foo Fighters and QotSA also in the same management stable, so thats bad news for their company).

*Webstore has closed so they can transfer over all of the existing orders to the new fulfillment store (makes sense to stop taking new orders while doing that obviously).

*Once the transition is complete, they will have the ability to fire out order updates ASAP and fulfill the orders.

So I'd say in a week or so we will all get updates with either shipping notifications or a timeline. By the wording it sounded as though the records are pretty well good to go and the hold up was on firebrands end.

Doing the lord's work.  Hopefully they'll restock Broken while they're at it.

edit:  I read that thread and the Silva response makes it seem like Firebrand had the goddamn records and just weren't shipping them.  Seriously, they may take the worst merch company title away from MerchNow.

Edited by highfives

Here's the dude's post.

Thank you for your email.

NIN have joined with a new partner to run the online store, and we are in the middle of transitioning over to them.
We are currently in the process of extracting the order data from Firebrand so that our new partner can reference and deliver the outstanding orders. Once we receive this information, we will send a status update email to everyone who has an outstanding vinyl order. Rest assured all current orders will be processed. 

We are working to fulfill these orders as quickly as possible. Our only goals right now are to get these beautiful vinyl releases into your patient hands, and improve the NIN online shopping experience. 

We understand that you all have been waiting a very long time, and we apologize sincerely.

33 minutes ago, highfives said:

Doing the lord's work.  Hopefully they'll restock Broken while they're at it.

edit:  I read that thread and the Silva response makes it seem like Firebrand had the goddamn records and just weren't shipping them.  Seriously, they may take the worst merch company title away from MerchNow.

In the entire two times I've ordered something from MerchNow I've zero problems...besides them shipping from my city and having the package tour New England before getting to me, but that's a media mail complaint. Not defending them, just haven't heard anything about them one way or the other outside my very small experience.

In Firebrand's defense, shipping out thousands and thousands of orders is probably really hard. Especially if that's literally your only god damn job.

9 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

In the entire two times I've ordered something from MerchNow I've zero problems...besides them shipping from my city and having the package tour New England before getting to me, but that's a media mail complaint. Not defending them, just haven't heard anything about them one way or the other outside my very small experience.

In Firebrand's defense, shipping out thousands and thousands of orders is probably really hard. Especially if that's literally your only god damn job.

I've ordered several things from them.  Between long preorders with delays and little to no communication to overselling, MerchNow needs to get their shit together.  I know some bands have stopped using them because they fuck things up regularly.  My latest gripe with them was they "sold out" of some LPs but then miraculously got some extras that they offered.  Once those were gone they informed me they were again sold out and couldn't fulfill my order even though I ordered before the initial sell out.  They take forever to respond to emails and are generally just kind of shitty to deal with.

1 hour ago, highfives said:

I can only assume this will go down in price, but at least there's movement on the retail play.

https://www.amazon.com/Actual-Events-Nine-Inch-Nails/dp/B071N9TFX7/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1495803434&sr=8-14&keywords=nine+inch+nails+vinyl

I'd take that date with a grain of salt. Amazon is known for using random dates when the actual release date is unknown. (I'm hoping it's accurate though)

37 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

I'd take that date with a grain of salt. Amazon is known for using random dates when the actual release date is unknown. (I'm hoping it's accurate though)

I wasn't even considering the date - just that it finally showed up on Amazon.  NTAE and the Fragile are on Amazon UK too.