All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

2 hours ago, thesecrets0308 said:

I really try to be patient and stuff, but i would just appreciate an update occasionally.  I just worry that my order would somehow get swept under the rug and then ultimately end up missing something that is a one and only pressing because a merch company can't handle the NIN merch monster.  They emailed me back again yesterday after i told them that the tracking number they gave me showed a delivery to somewhere in Illinois and said that they have my order with their hub and are waiting for restock and to expect a shipping notification email within the week.  smh and to your point, it's a nervous feeling that i still have several pre-orders and the other albums coming soon that i'll be pre-ordering.  i just hope Sandbag can get on top of it going forward.

Pretty much this. It's super concerning that this is only 2 releases into a projected 10+ reissue campaign/new EP series. Considering the amount of people who have $300+ tied up in this and the general incompetence/horrible communication of sandbag it wouldn't surprise me for people to start pursuing legal routes by the end of it.

I was granted a refund a month ago today and they have stopped replying to my messages asking when I can expect my money. Which is pretty bad and leaves me without many options.

Trent Reznor spelled backwards is Ron Zertnert.  You can't unknow that.  In a parallel universe, Ron is playing happy music in a coffee shop and will never be successful as an artist.

But seriously though, I kinda want to spin that Deviations record.  I hope it's at my door when I get home from work today.

Debated posting this in the OST thread, but this thread seemed ~more appropriate.

The soundtrack for HBO's The Defiant Ones (by Atticus, Leopold, and Claudia) has been posted on Amazon (for download; not a physical release).  Does anyone know if all of these songs are new?  I know we heard a handful of NIN/Atticus songs in the background, but I don't recognize any of the song titles (or the 30 second previews on Amazon).

20 hours ago, Adam10647 said:

Hey not for nothing but August starts next week, God willing we'll have our records in the next couple of weeks. 

Also after seeing them play live/ listening to Add Violence it's given me a new apricacane for Not The Actual Events can't wait to hear it on vinyl. 

Not if my still having not received Deviations or even a shipping notification for it being an already released title is any indication.  I hope i receive it, along with Fragile and Broken, in the same shipment 2 weeks from now and they don't show up with bent corners.  ;)

12 minutes ago, pepperonigin said:

NIN playing a secret show at Webster hall tonight for all you NYCers. If you bought stuff in the store they sent you a unique code. As of now tickets are still available. So pissed I can't go tonight. Definitely a small venue for them so try and go if you can!

Is your code going spare? If so, I'd happily take if off your hands. My best pal is in NYC and had to skip their show last night despite having tickets for personal reasons, so would love to help them out with possibly getting tickets for tonight. 

6 minutes ago, strangers said:

Is your code going spare? If so, I'd happily take if off your hands. My best pal is in NYC and had to skip their show last night despite having tickets for personal reasons, so would love to help them out with possibly getting tickets for tonight. 

Try LESSTHAN that worked for me an hour ago.

Went to the Webster Hall show last night.  Great show, but just a tad disappointing.  Wish they could have done a more obscure setlist for such a intimate show.  Place was insane though.  Thought the floor was going to cave in when they opened with Somewhat Damaged.  

7 minutes ago, njpunkmusic said:

Went to the Webster Hall show last night.  Great show, but just a tad disappointing.  Wish they could have done a more obscure setlist for such a intimate show.  Place was insane though.  Thought the floor was going to cave in when they opened with Somewhat Damaged.  

Hey man you got Somewhat Damaged & 1,000,000 pretty different from the rest of the shows so far.

29 minutes ago, njpunkmusic said:

This mentality always drives me nuts. They have played 3 shows in the past 3 years. You got 5 songs not played at any previous show(Somewhat Damaged, 100000, Sanctified, Shes Gone Way, Loop Closes(HTDA)), plus 3 new songs previously played. That is 8 out of 20 songs. 

What else were you expecting. This band isnt PJ that tours with 75 songs in their arsenal. 

Edited by youspinmeround

16 minutes ago, njpunkmusic said:

Dude, you got "Burn", "Reptile" and "Somewhat Damaged." That's way better than when I saw them in 2014. It wasn't a terrible setlist but the one from last night looks way better.

They played 30 songs last time I saw them. There were definitely songs I wish they had played, but I definitely wasn't disappointed. I learned long ago to stop worrying about whether or not a band was going to play my obscure favorite song. Just enjoy the show and let the artist do what they want on stage. It's a lot more fun that way. Or you can just scream out your favorite song titles all night and be that guy. 

At least they always put on a good show regardless of what they are playing. I've seen them 6 or 7 times since 96 and I've never once been let down. The only time I was kind of bummed was my fault because I had been checking setlists on the Jane's Addiction tour and they were playing really cool stuff that generally didn't get played. But then they came to Detroit and basically did a greatest hits show (with TDS thrown in).

I wish every band could do what The Cure or Pearl Jam do and play 35 songs a night with only ten or fifteen of them repeated each show. But NIN will never be that way with the band members rotating so frequently not to mention the level of energy they put into the gigs.

1 hour ago, fish said:

At least they always put on a good show regardless of what they are playing. I've seen them 6 or 7 times since 96 and I've never once been let down. The only time I was kind of bummed was my fault because I had been checking setlists on the Jane's Addiction tour and they were playing really cool stuff that generally didn't get played. But then they came to Detroit and basically did a greatest hits show (with TDS thrown in).

I wish every band could do what The Cure or Pearl Jam do and play 35 songs a night with only ten or fifteen of them repeated each show. But NIN will never be that way with the band members rotating so frequently not to mention the level of energy they put into the gigs.

I've seen them 21 times now (Im a crazy person) there's still a handful of songs that I would lover to hear live Happiness In Slavery, Last, We're in This Together I dont think Trent's voice can handle those anymore.  Regardless they put on one hell of a show every time.