All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

So i complained to sandbag about the deviations either asking for a refund or replacement.  After not doing anything for weeks, they went ahead and canceled my order & refunded me for everything which is total bullshit.

then when i called them out on twitter they email me back blaming me, are you kidding me? They also claim deviations was my only order and im like you morons, when did it cost 155$ to ship deviations.

i seriously cant stand this company, i knew they were going to be as bad as firebrand but im beginning to think they might be a tad worse.  

They also fucked up on the arcade fire end too. Shipping out preorders late with super slow shipping when everyone paid 10$ for dhl. 

But im pissed that i reorder the damn stuff because it might even take longer but the audacity for them to blame me & not accept fault thats bullshit. I hope trent drops these morons asap

4 hours ago, idioteque... said:

So i complained to sandbag about the deviations either asking for a refund or replacement.  After not doing anything for weeks, they went ahead and canceled my order & refunded me for everything which is total bullshit.

then when i called them out on twitter they email me back blaming me, are you kidding me? They also claim deviations was my only order and im like you morons, when did it cost 155$ to ship deviations.

i seriously cant stand this company, i knew they were going to be as bad as firebrand but im beginning to think they might be a tad worse.  

They also fucked up on the arcade fire end too. Shipping out preorders late with super slow shipping when everyone paid 10$ for dhl. 

But im pissed that i reorder the damn stuff because it might even take longer but the audacity for them to blame me & not accept fault thats bullshit. I hope trent drops these morons asap

1 hour ago, youspinmeround said:

Well you changed your story quickly here and still no links?

Look again. He tweeted at them and they emailed and within the emails they apparently blamed him for something. The story didn't change.

1 minute ago, idioteque... said:

How the hell did I change my story?  And why is it your concern what my tweets were? Pics or it didn't happen? GTFO.  We've all been bitching for the last 2 pages.  

Your story seems consistent to me. Out of curiosity, what did they say in the email to blame you? How could this be your fault? 

1 minute ago, mcpherson123 said:

Look again. He tweeted at them and they emailed and within the emails they apparently blamed him for something. The story didn't change.

Just now, ntslash said:

Your story seems consistent to me. Out of curiosity, what did they say in the email to blame you? How could this be your fault? 

Thanks guys.

So in the emails they pulled out an old email i sent asking for a refund for deviations.  Fair enough I did say that and I wanted my refund for DEVIATIONS.  

I told them straight up I asked for Deviations not my entire order.  They reply claiming my entire order was Deviations when my refund clearly stated 155$  They even mentioned Deviations was 80$.  Logically it makes no sense to me how 155 = an 80$ record especially when I got a refund invoice for it.

Then they tell me to place another order, are you fucking serious?  Am I going to be pushed back even further in the que? I sent them an email calling them out on the bullshit lie/terrible math skills so let's see what they say tomorrow.

So to sum it up, I asked for a refund for deviations, they cancel my entire order and say it was only deviations (I ordered Fragile & NTAE too)

So what was wrong with TopSpin?  They did fulfillment for the old nullco website and seemed to be on top of things.  Their customer service was quick, and they shipped efficiently. I think firebrands stumble was not shipping in stock items and botching the DL codes.  Sandbag is just a hotness all together. 

So Sandbag's gone from a specific shipping date for replacement sleeves to Soon™, which is pretty shitty. 

We are very sorry to hear about the damage. 
A replacement sleeve will be sent out to you in the next few weeks.

Please look out for a shipping email (also check junkmail) 

Apologies for the inconvenience.
Please note- for a sleeve only you will not receive tracking.

i may as well chime in about my own adventure with Sandbag.  14 days ago they told me to expect a shipping notification email within "a week or so".  emailed them yesterday and told them we were coming up on 2 business weeks with still no shipping notification OR the record at my doorstep.  They responded back with a generic "we'll get right on it and have it shipped ASAP."  May as well just have automated email responses.  I'm at the point where I'm just going to slip into my new-Tool-album mentality.  Just forget about it and if it comes, it comes.... if it doesn't show up in about 6 months, i'll just report them to the better business bureau and collect my refund.  It's not worth my time or energy to do battle with them because like a car mechanic, medical doctor and Tool, they've got me by the balls.  What am i going to do, press my own?  (with blackjack... and hookers...)

they finally responded to me this morning saying my Fragile Deviations has been shipped with a DHL ground tracking number... i guess i should just be happy they finally shipped my record (today is exactly 1 month since i placed my order), but isn't it like common courtesy to upgrade the shipping method from what was originally paid for in the event that a company takes that ridiculously long to ship an item that's been paid for and by all indication is "in stock"?  They couldn't have bumped me up to like FedEx 2-day or something?  It's whatever... now i just have to hope that A. they sent me the right fucking item and B. it doesn't show up Somewhat Damaged, or worse, Broken...  i responded to them and told them exactly how i feel about my first experience dealing with them and something tells me they will give zero fucks.  They either need to hire more people or the people they have working for them need to remove their heads from their asses.

On 8/3/2017 at 10:29 AM, timsimmons said:

14 minutes ago, thesecrets0308 said:

they finally responded to me this morning saying my Fragile Deviations has been shipped with a DHL ground tracking number... i guess i should just be happy they finally shipped my record (today is exactly 1 month since i placed my order), but isn't it like common courtesy to upgrade the shipping method from what was originally paid for in the event that a company takes that ridiculously long to ship an item that's been paid for and by all indication is "in stock"?  They couldn't have bumped me up to like FedEx 2-day or something?  It's whatever... now i just have to hope that A. they sent me the right fucking item and B. it doesn't show up Somewhat Damaged, or worse, Broken...  i responded to them and told them exactly how i feel about my first experience dealing with them and something tells me they will give zero fucks.  They either need to hire more people or the people they have working for them need to remove their heads from their asses.

I sent them an email a few days telling them I never received my replacement jacket (which I was told would be sent out the week of July 17), and I got a smart assed reply.

Something like "We are well aware you have not received your jacket."

5 hours ago, thesecrets0308 said:

At this point go public and tag trent & nin while you criticize sandbag.  I think im going to stick to that.

i too asked for a refund on shipping or an upgrade and theyre like pushing it off.

Besides the company shipping these, can we talk about why we are 8 months out from a preorder.

It's almost like Trent put these up and didn't have lacquer or anything cut yet. 

Indie labels like castle face, in the red, trouble in mind can get a recording into our hands in about 6 months from when the recording process ended. 

The nin camp seems clueless on how to release something physically in 2017. Sandbag might be a mess but if they don't have items to ship it's not their fault

Yeah, its been half assed, but what can ya do? We are kina at their mercy.  We want these on vinyl, so we'll have to wait. 

I mean, they clearly learned a lesson from this. The new EP wasn't put up for sale (on vinyl) when it was announced. They must be waiting for TPs.  I'm sure they are doing the same for the other records we are waiting for. 

Edited by timsimmons