All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

1 hour ago, highfives said:

My NTAE and Broken showed up unannounced.  Packed pretty well in a 3/4" box and a bunch of bubble wrap.  

Shipped out of Texas.

the Fragile should be here on Monday.  Hopefully it arrives safely as well.

Did you not get a tracking or were you stuck in preshipment for a while? 

My stuffs been in preshipment for a week.

8 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

Is it just me or does the NIN.com store no longer offer media mail?  The cheapest shipping option right now is 9.99 DHL.

They never did but heres the catch, sandbag are shipping this usps media mail so theyre pocketing some of these costs.

12 minutes ago, idioteque... said:

They never did but heres the catch, sandbag are shipping this usps media mail so theyre pocketing some of these costs.

I know for a fact that in the past week or two I put the Fragile in a cart and went to shipping methods and I don't remember what it was described as but it was only $6.

9 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

I know for a fact that in the past week or two I put the Fragile in a cart and went to shipping methods and I don't remember what it was described as but it was only $6.

You must be mistaken because i checked various times for tds and it comes up as 7.99$ for single record (last 2 weeks) and it said dhl.  

57 minutes ago, idioteque... said:

No tracking or any kind of indication NTAE & Broken were shipping.  I ordered those when Sandbag took over.

I ordered Deviations and The Fragile when they were first available.  I got tracking info for The Fragile but it sat, without update, for about 6 days.  Then it started moving.  It should be here Monday.

Edited by highfives

7 hours ago, highfives said:

No tracking or any kind of indication NTAE & Broken were shipping.  I ordered those when Sandbag took over.

I ordered Deviations and The Fragile when they were first available.  I got tracking info for The Fragile but it sat, without update, for about 6 days.  Then it started moving.  It should be here Monday.

I see thats kind of hopeful?

But I just cant even with sandbag.  

They said theyll investigate the pre shipment wait but what the hell is there to investigate? You effed up, send me & others a replacement order like god damn.  

Surprisingly, The Fragile showed up today.  Same sentiment as others, the shrink warp is really tight which made a slight crinkle on the back cover.

It comes with a huge lyric booklet and a similar booklet to Broken with some behind the scenes stuff and an interview with Bob Ezrin.  I think these booklets are really cool additions.

I'm kind of surprised they put NTAE in a tear off style plastic sleeve with the hype sticker on it but didn't do that for The Fragile, Broken, or Deviations.  It'd be cool if they did.  A little surprised it isn't a triple gatefold, but that's kind of what I'm expecting now (Ghosts, Deviations, etc).

I have Broken a spin and it sounds fucking huge.  It's loud, clear, tons of clarity and bass, it just sounds awesome (mediocre setup: ATLP120, Marantz 2210, Polk bookshelf speakers).  I also put NTAE on for a minute to verify the reverse TDS tracks, which are there.  It also sounds good for the couple of minutes I had it on.

On 8/16/2017 at 5:21 PM, youspinmeround said:

I ordered the Fragile only as I like my Kevin Gray Downward Spiral version and was going to get Broken at a later point.

On Saturday, Broken was listed on discogs for 20 bucks. Guy said he had an extra. I bought it. It should be here tmmw.

If I get it through that means faster than anything from the nin store, you know that teabag has won

Teabag won.  No fragile or ship notice

Broken received from discogs seller. So that means they shipped to him, he listed it and shipped it to me. All before an actual company could send me anything

On 8/18/2017 at 5:45 PM, idioteque... said:

DHL partners with USPS.  They pass the package to USPS for the end of the line delivery step.

1 hour ago, youspinmeround said:

Teabag won.  No fragile or ship notice

Broken received from discogs seller. So that means they shipped to him, he listed it and shipped it to me. All before an actual company could send me anything

Yep, and i still don't have a shipping notification or records.  tsk tsk tsk sadness

9 hours ago, Derek™ said:

The OG Fragile came with a booklet as well, right?  Can anyone confirm they're the same or different?

Yes the original Fragile has/had a booklet, not sure about it being the same as the new one though. I want to hear a few more reviews before I order a copy.

20 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Are you deliberately trying to sound like an entitled valley girl in this thread or is that all accidental?

Derek I find it hard to imagine you know what a girl sounds like.

7 hours ago, thesecrets0308 said:

DHL partners with USPS.  They pass the package to USPS for the end of the line delivery step.

No of course but they still are charging premium for dhl.  I wouldn't be surprised if there were some shady dealings going on with sandbag and whats weirder is dhl is for overseas orders, when all of these are being shipped inside the us.

I'm pretty chill with the whole Sandbag stuff. I imagine all the issues are a confluence of delayed vinyl manufacturing, the switchover from Firebrand and the volume of orders. Sort of a perfect storm of fuckups that lead to a bad vinyl buying experience. 

Communication seems to be the only real issue, but I'd give them the benefit of the doubt, because I don't know how many staff they have devoted to customer service and between this and the Radio OKNOTOK box,  I'm sure it's been a busy as fuck summer. But this is all following the timeline that Trent outlined in his email, so I guess I'm OK with everything. It's not like I haven't heard this music before. I've got no qualms with Sandbag or NIN and I'll order these new represses as well. 

16 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

I can only see one logical thing coming from this:

Tool using sandbag exclusively for their vinyl reissues

Tool would switch between Firebrand and Sandbag at least 3 times between pre-order launch and shipment.

Then Maynard would decide to personally ship them and just occasionally post pics of untouched pallets of records.

Edit: My TDS/The Fragile just moved out of preshipment and are due Thursday. I'm off Thursday and Friday so I'm super stoked to spin these non-stop.

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

In other news (from nin.com):

THE VIETNAM WAR, A NEW 10-PART SERIES DIRECTED BY KEN BURNS AND LYNN NOVICK THAT WILL BEGIN AIRING ON PBS ON SEPTEMBER 17, 2017, WILL BE ACCOMPANIED BY TWO COMPANION SOUNDTRACKS TO BE RELEASED ON SEPTEMBER 15, 2017, UNIVERSAL MUSIC ENTERPRISES ANNOUNCED TODAY.

THE VIETNAM WAR – ORIGINAL SCORE BY TRENT REZNOR & ATTICUS ROSS WILL FEATURE OVER 90 MINUTES OF NEW, ORIGINAL MUSIC ON 2CD AND 3LP, WRITTEN AND RECORDED BY ACADEMY AWARD-WINNING COMPOSERS TRENT REZNOR AND ATTICUS ROSS. IN ADDITION, THE VIETNAM WAR – THE SOUNDTRACK INCLUDES MANY OF THE ICONIC SONGS REPRESENTING THE ERA, INCLUDING 38 TRACKS ON 2CD CHOSEN FROM THE 120 TUNES FEATURED IN THE FILM. THE SOUNDTRACK WILL INCLUDE: THE BEATLES; CROSBY, STILLS, NASH & YOUNG; ROLLING STONES; BOB DYLAN; JIMI HENDRIX; BUFFALO SPRINGFIELD; SIMON & GARFUNKEL; JANIS JOPLIN; PHIL OCHS; THE TEMPTATIONS; BARRY MCGUIRE; THE BYRDS; OTIS REDDING; THE ANIMALS; SANTANA; MARVIN GAYE; NINA SIMONE; THE TEMPTATIONS; BOOKER T. AND THE M.G.S; PETE SEEGER AND MORE.

I was wondering how much new music we'd be getting from this, and 90+ minutes sounds great to me

15 hours ago, idioteque... said:

Derek I find it hard to imagine you know what a girl sounds like.

Is recovery even possible after this?

Obvious projection aside, though... considering your short-fuse temperament and spastic nature here on the boards, I think it's probably safe to assume that you're only familiar with what women sound like when they're constrained with duct-tape in the back of your trunk.  Probably as a result of them pointing and giggling among their friends in an effort to identify the mouth-breather.

7 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

I can only see one logical thing coming from this:

Tool using sandbag exclusively for their vinyl reissues

In even more seriousness... I could definitely see this happening.