New Pressing Database - www.melodicallydeaf.com

I can't even find anything on your site so I would not be complaining about displays

Have to tried searching for any on the following artists?:

1   The Wonder Years
2   Saves the Day
3   Lydia
4   Jack's Mannequin
5   Dance Gavin Dance
6   Bayside
7   Brand New
8   La Dispute
9   Circa Survive
10   Underoath
11   Say Anything
12   City and Colour
13   Pierce The Veil
14   Taking Back Sunday
15   Copeland
16   Kevin Devine
17   New Found Glory
18   States
19   Jonny Craig
20   The Early November

You are promoting a site with limited entries and I have to randomly guess at artists. Good luck man

You should really put an Artists section in your nav menu that shows a list of artists in the database.

You should also put pics of the variants on their respective pages. Right now you only have a text based site and nowhere to upload pics.

Also, your information isn't really labeled. Like the label of the release. Nowhere does it say that's the label category. And the year... Is it the year of release for the album or variant?

Your search function should result in the artist, not individual entries. I searched Dance Gavin Dance and got multiple release results but couldn't find the general artist page. Once more people start adding entries, if they do, no one will be able to find anything because there isn't an artist list and you can't even find the general artist's page.

You should really put an Artists section in your nav menu that shows a list of artists in the database.

You should also put pics of the variants on their respective pages. Right now you only have a text based site and nowhere to upload pics.

Also, your information isn't really labeled. Like the label of the release. Nowhere does it say that's the label category. And the year... Is it the year of release for the album or variant?

Your search function should result in the artist, not individual entries. I searched Dance Gavin Dance and got multiple release results but couldn't find the general artist page. Once more people start adding entries, if they do, no one will be able to find anything because there isn't an artist list and you can't even find the general artist's page.

But that would make it too much like discogs, which for whatever reason homeboy hates and "can never find" the info he's looking for.

Discogs does have an open RESTful API. You could implement some type of hybrid database that uses their data along with yours. It looks like they don't directly store pressing info (Variant type and pressing count), so you would have to rely on contributors on your site for that, or maybe some type of data crawling. This would allow you to access all existing Discogs' contributions without having to do it all yourself or with the small number of people that may use your site now.

The trade off is you now depend on the Discogs' architecture, but this is probably the only viable option to get what you want unless you have the time, money, and patience to build a platform from the ground up. The other option is to spend your time convincing Discogs to just to implement your ideas. 

Take my thoughts with a grain of salt though. I'm just a college student in my last semester and I'm also hammered at the moment. Best of luck.

I know.  Discogs is massive and this is just a baby.  But I don't like the way that discogs displays pressing info.

Doesn't like the way discogs displays pressing info (what's wrong with it, btw?)... so comes up with an insanely labor intensive 'solution requiring a lifetime and a small army.

Fuck the haters Buff you got this. I believe in you.

Positivity is a good thing, but so is reality. Friends like these are the type that let their friends go onto, for example, American Idol when the person is actually tone deaf. When they get there they're caught off guard and totally dumbfounded by the judges responses... "But my friends said I could sing!" :(

You cannot get to this from the main page.  If the only way to access this page is to make an account, you're not going to have a lot of people using the site.  The good thing about Discogs is you can browse without any kind of commitment.

And I still don't see an uploader for uploading images.  If you have to edit HTML to upload pics, no one will upload anything.  You need to make this EASY for people, especially when trying to go up against a behemoth like Discogs.

Also, on that Pentimento page you linked, it's so lacking of information it's crazy.  You have the band > album > album info > pressing info > variant color, but that's it.  There's an unnamed column that says "German Press" in a couple of spots.  Is that for the label it was released on?  I actually dig the column format as it makes it easy to find the information quickly, but not if I don't know what information I'm looking at.

Waif... Do you need an account to browse? I didn't know that...

That's what it seems like.  All I can get on the homepage is the top nav (Home, About Us, Contact Us, Login, Register, Search) and a big search bar below the picture of the lion.

There is also a + in the top right, which gives me two additional search bars.