Record Store Day 2016 Request Thread

Anyone want to take a punt on this:

http://www.deejay.de/INTRLP0004_-_Nirvana_-_Live_On_Kaos-fm_Seattle_1987_-_12inch__216026

It's expensive and they call the event Record Stereo Day(!) They only list a handful of the days releases but all the Interference ones (a label that has almost no releases and I can find out nothing about).

On the bad news, Rough Trade's placeholder listing for this says 500 copies, not 1000.

Tried the site, and even did an order, but states it is still on pre-order and they they send me a payment notice, once they get it in stock. Get this, got the order e-mail and estimate shipping date would be 12/31/16 (think this is because it's a pre-order).

I have tracked down proper lists for my two Nirvana possibilities and neither has it. There's only one major UK place I can't find a list for. Very, very unlikely any copies will appear when UK items go up.

I'm pretty certain they're all already out there and it's the only thing I haven't been able to get for myself that I wanted.

I have tracked down proper lists for my two Nirvana possibilities and neither has it. There's only one major UK place I can't find a list for. Very, very unlikely any copies will appear when UK items go up.

I've now managed to pick one up via ebay from a seller in Germany for a bit less than the average current selling price on ebay but it has been very very difficult to get my hands on one.

ebay surprisingly has been cheaper than Discogs for this one and I expected the going rate for this after the day to be around the £90 to £100 mark where it seems to be on Discogs but it seems to have been on average £58 to £62 on ebay with the lowest one I've seen going for £45 which was a buy it now on RSD Itself. The general ebay price trend has been up though so I expect it will stay high for a good while at least if it ever drops at all.

Edit

They're back down to mid 50's to 60's on Discogs as well now

Didn't like the color or price? Got it for $40 shipped the other day. Pretty decent considering people are paying $40 for domestic releases lol

There just hasn't been a US press in awhile, according to Discogs. And I haven't seen the RSD variant anywhere. I'm not like a huge fan, so I didn't wanna spend a ton either.

Still need Nirvana Kaos from the UK.

Same here.

3 copies in The Netherlands at €39.99 on Discogs right now. Cheap is a relative term, but I don't think you'll see it any cheaper. This is one of those that I don't see going down in price.

Review from Discogs:

Bought this new on RSD16 in the Netherlands. Sounds like an upgraded radio recording, not sure what this was originally recorded on, i don't know previous releases of this recording. The 'remastering' that has been done seems to have added some bass at the lowest end, and seems to be only at moments that there are almost no other instruments than drums. Overall sound of the recording is 'tin-y' as someone described earlier releases of this recording, here and there the audio has been enriched with some bass, but it's hard to notice any natural midrange to go in between. Quite listenable, but does not sound like a high quality studio-recording, mainly because the (added) bass seems out of place in comparison to the rest of the spectrum.

The copy I have is for a (lucky) US VCer so I can't listen to it. Remember there appear to be two other pressings of this, one of which has a review on its Discogs page:

https://www.discogs.com/Nirvana-Olympia-Community-Radio-Session-April-17th-1987/release/7565427

https://www.discogs.com/Nirvana-KAOS-FM-Live-17041987/release/7151519