Mind Over Matter Records Releases Hype Machine Thread - RIGHT NOW: GUILT - Bardstown Ugly Box 12" + 7" Reissue

Although I am MOMR's Chief Lackey (that's really my official title), I 100% appreciate all the support for all the releases we've been putting out. I know we're almost kinda sorta niche with some of music styles/genres of bands we work with...but I do dig the fact that it appeals to a much larger "target audience".

We just dig good music and great bands.

9F517094-AF08-41BB-B324-F4BEE834C33C.gif

That Sunndrug is also straight fire, I'm drunk so I may have already said this but hurry the hell up and order this it's like a lighter these arms are snakes meets deftones but yet it's own unique thing this should appeal to a way broader audience than it's gotten thus far

1 hour ago, NapalmBrain said:

That Sunndrug is also straight fire, I'm drunk so I may have already said this but hurry the hell up and order this it's like a lighter these arms are snakes meets deftones but yet it's own unique thing this should appeal to a way broader audience than it's gotten thus far

Ya SunnDrug def my favorite of all the recent MoM releases. And the die cut covers are some of the coolest I've seen, absolutely beautiful 

Thanks to everyone who has grabbed a copy of the usLights record (and for all of the kind words <3)!  We are excited for that album - it's gorgeous!

While we wait, we have some non-vinyl news:  we pressed 300 copies of Sunndrug's "Exit Wounds" on CD, so if you've wanted to check out the album on the cheap, they're only $7.99 and shipping immediately!

MOM031_CD_Mock_01.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, mindovermatter said:

Who got lucky with Sunday's email blast?  Those bad boys sold out LIGHTNING fast!

I had it in my cart by the time I got to check out screen seconds later it said no more available... I was on a long drive home and didn't see email for  a good 45-60 mins, so in the end I blame myself

• 2 months later...

Pre-orders have been up for Damien Done!!! Get at 'em!

http://www.mindovermatterrecords.com/MOM035.html

Vinyl version is limited to only 200 copies across three variants
     - Black (ltd to 50 copies)
     - Clear w/ Black Smoke (ltd to 50 copies)
     - Clear (ltd to 100 copies)
     - Each copy comes with a hand-numbered, screen printed obi stripMOM035_BlackMock_800.png

MOM035_SmokeMock_800.png

MOM035_ClearMock_800.png

3 hours ago, B-dosia said:

copped a clr/blk smoke variant with the quickness soon as I awoke

Thanks for doing that! It's appreciated. I've known Damien for years from his involvement w/ some many FLxHxC bands and when I started working w/ MOMR, I hounded him to let us do the Damien Done stuff. Initially the original stuff he had done. Unfortunately he couldn't b/c it was being held by an agreement w/ another label that never came through. A year or so later...he reached out to us asking if we'd be game to put out new stuff...and of course we jumped at the chance.

In case anyone is on the fence...here's the video for "Curious Thing". It's awesome.

• 1 month later...

Haven't posted mach in here recently, so here are some cool things:

1.)  One color of the Damien Done 7" is sold out, another isn't far behind.  Thank you for your support!

2.)  It looks like the final mixing of the Damien Done full length (currently titled "Charm Offensive") should be done next week, and then it's off to the presses!  10 songs of gloom, filled with stalking, voyeurism and heartbreak.

3.)  New Bad Rabbits at the plant.  Keeping a tight lid on that one, but be prepared.  It's awesome and it's limited.

Yo!  In honor of Cassette Store Day, we've marked down the Sunndrug and Metavari cassettes down to only $4 each.  BANANAS.  Each one comes with a digital download code as well, so this is a total steal!

SUNNDRUG - EXIT WOUNDS

Limited to 50 copies, 25 with a metallic gold shell and 25 with a clear shell.  They all come inside of a clear case with a full-print J-card, and each one is also wrapped in a custom, DIY slip cover.  The slip covers for the clear shells are foil stamped with the Sunndrug logo in black, while the gold ones are foil stamped in gold.  There are only 3 copies of the gold left, FYI

METAVARI - TETRA A.D.

We couldn't keep the vinyl version of this in stock (it's still OOP, actually), and there are only about 6 of the cassettes remaining.  These ones come with a white shell and each J-card is hand-screen printed!  It's a two color print:  black and metallic gold, and these also come with a download code for the entire album.

Get at it!

aaa_CSD.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hey VC!!!! We are thrilled to make this announcement!!!

767ad622-ceb9-4365-8fc7-dc92a0c27fbb.jpg

BOSTON'S 27 KICKS OFF OUR INAUGURAL SEVEN INCH OF THE MONTH CLUB!

In case you missed it on our social media last week, we have a new addition to the roster:  Boston's very own 27!  While these ladies and gentlemen might be new to MOMR, they certainly aren't a new act.  With releases spanning back almost two decades and tours that have covered the globe, these guys & gals have already played a critical role in the underground music scene, and we are insanely honored to have them as a part of the team!

While we wait for 27 to finish up their full length record (which is due out in 2018), we have a brand new single titled "Innocent Lovers" which is available for you to stream over at No Echo!  Innocent Lovers appears on the A Side of a 7" record that is also available for pre-order starting today, both links are below.  The 7" is limited to only 200 copies total and is to be released on Jan 5th, 2018.  Tests have already been approved and we are moving right along!

908f4d06-df20-4781-8251-6f13dd2a69b9.jpg

BUT WAIT!  THERE'S MORE!

As mentioned above, this super exciting release from 27 also marks the beginning of our first ever Seven Inch Of The Month Club.  Just as it sounds, in 2018, we are going to be releasing a 7" record each month, in very limited quantities.  There are some bands you've never heard of alongside some amazing legacy acts, so you're sure to discover some new music along the way!

Here is how it works:
  - The subscription is only open to 50 people
  - Subscribers get their own variant of each record, which is limited to 50 copies
  - The Subscription Variant will come with a hand-numbered obi-strip
  - Your records will be shipped to your house in the first week of each month. 
  - Shipping is included in the price! NO hidden fees!
     (Only in the US. International customers, email first!)
  - Each subscriber is guaranteed one test press from the subscription.
     This will be delivered with your final record of the year and will be chosen by us.  
  - Each test press will come in a screen printed, DIY, hand-numbered jacket with
     alternate artwork!
  - Subscribers will be given their own, unique 15% off coupon code that is good for
     all of 2018
  - Subscribers will also receive an exclusive MOMR t-shirt, simply select your size above
  - ...plus even more goodies and surprises along the way!

Learn more about the 2018 Seven Inch of the Month Club: http://www.mindovermatterrecords.com/2018SingleSeries.html

Listen to 27's "Innocent Lovers" at No Echo: http://www.noecho.net/features/27-innocent-lovers-song

Order 27 - "Innocent Lovers b/w Closer To You" 7": http://www.mindovermatterrecords.com/MOM042.html

• 1 month later...

If you've been keeping up with our social media, we finally got the 27 7" copies from the plant and a good chunk of them have already been getting mailed out to whomever ordered. In an interesting twist, we received an additional variant along w/ a few random color transitions that we decided to count and add to the pressing breakdown.

Some of those very very very very limited ones may or may not be up for grabs.

http://www.mindovermatterrecords.com/MOM042.html

6 hours ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

When is the new Damien Done going up??????

How does Feb 2nd sound?!

13 hours ago, daegor said:

I honestly love when labels do this (except when they break it down to hairsplitting)

It took me far longer than I’d like to admit to make the divisions between what we ended up with. I wanted to make sure that they were OBVIOUSLY different variants. 

• jhulud changed the title to Mind Over Matter Records Releases Hype Machine Thread - RIGHT NOW: duncan barlow - Colony Collapse 12" (very limited)
  • jhulud changed the title to Mind Over Matter Records Releases Hype Machine Thread - RIGHT NOW: GUILT - Bardstown Ugly Box 12" + 7" Reissue