Mind Over Matter Records Releases Hype Machine Thread - RIGHT NOW: GUILT - Bardstown Ugly Box 12" + 7" Reissue

• 2 weeks later...

927b95ec-b742-4737-ac8d-efade3eba593.jpg

As promised with the release of the "Curious Thing" 7" single from last year, we are proud to announce that Charm Offensive by Damien Done is officially available for preorder!

Here are the details:

* Digital & Vinyl versions will be available worldwide on 3/2, records should ship around then
* Vinyl version is limited to only 200 copies across three variants
     - Clear w/ Pink Semi-Splatter (ltd to 30 copies)
     - Purple w/ Silver Splatter (ltd to 70 copies)
     - Pink/White/Dark Blue Swirl (ltd to 100 copies, hand mixed!)
* The pink "semi-splatter" version is exclusive to the Deluxe Box Set that includes the full LP, a Damien Done ski mask, black gloves, nylon rope and lots of other nefarious goodies!
* The Swirl variant is hand-mixed, so each one will be completely unique!

Here's what people are saying about Charm Offensive:
“... a doom-laden glimpse into a brooding, sufferingly-aware but ultimately unconquered perspective, delivered in songs that are both immediately memorable and slow to unravel. A brilliant debut and a clinic on aging artistically with grace.”
- DW (Razorcake)

“Macho new wave with a sense of humor and self-loathing, the eternally clever Damien Done has taken post-hardcore to an all new level, channeling what feels like ‪Joy Division‬, ‪Nick Cave‬ and 80s pop all distorted through his own unique lens.”
- Dwid Hellion (Integrity)

ORDER HERE: http://www.mindovermatterrecords.com/MOM041.html

1 minute ago, jhulud said:

As promised with the release of the "Curious Thing" 7" single from last year, we are proud to announce that Charm Offensive by Damien Done is officially available for preorder!

Here are the details:

* Digital & Vinyl versions will be available worldwide on 3/2, records should ship around then
* The pink "semi-splatter" version is exclusive to the Deluxe Box Set that includes the full LP, a Damien Done ski mask, black gloves, nylon rope and lots of other nefarious goodies!

“... a doom-laden glimpse into a brooding, sufferingly-aware but ultimately unconquered perspective, delivered in songs that are both immediately memorable and slow to unravel. A brilliant debut and a clinic on aging artistically with grace.”
- DW (Razorcake)

“Macho new wave with a sense of humor and self-loathing, the eternally clever Damien Done has taken post-hardcore to an all new level, channeling what feels like ‪Joy Division‬, ‪Nick Cave‬ and 80s pop all distorted through his own unique lens.”

Picked up the deluxe!! Stoked!

1 hour ago, jhulud said:

Here are the details:

- DW (Razorcake)

Grabbed a deluxe... Super psyched

1 hour ago, dirtydebutant said:

same.. color looks great but i cannot wait to see what all that extra fluff is. Its so weird it got me all excited! 

It’s absurd. My amazon purchase history MUST have me on at least a dozen watch lists for terrorism after the stuff I’ve been buying for these boxed sets. Haha

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2018 at 12:57 PM, mindovermatter said:

It’s absurd. My amazon purchase history MUST have me on at least a dozen watch lists for terrorism after the stuff I’ve been buying for these boxed sets. Haha

That's awesome! Really excited about this set.

Got my Jan 7" today and I'm loving it.  They've got a full length coming out this year on MOMR right?  Definitely gonna check out their older stuff when I get chance.

35 minutes ago, MicLima said:

That's awesome! Really excited about this set.

Got my Jan 7" today and I'm loving it.  They've got a full length coming out this year on MOMR right?  Definitely gonna check out their older stuff when I get chance.

Yeah!  27 is finishing up writing and recording as we speak. They’ve got some work to do still, and then there is the awful, long wait time for vinyl to press, so we are probably looking at a late 2018 release if things stay on course.

Naturally, we will keep everyone updated!

4 minutes ago, mindovermatter said:

Yeah!  27 is finishing up writing and recording as we speak. They’ve got some work to do still, and then there is the awful, long wait time for vinyl to press, so we are probably looking at a late 2018 release if things stay on course.

Naturally, we will keep everyone updated!

Schweet!

32f704a4-db05-46ba-aa02-4980865ad436.jpg

We mentioned via our social media last month that we had a new addition to the roster, and we are stoked to bring you their first Mind Over Matter Records release!  If you haven't already taken a moment to familiarize yourself with Vow, now is the perfect opportunity!

Hailing from Los Angeles, Vow consists of Julia Blake (vocals), Dewey Thomas (synthesizers) and Spencer Ramirez (drums/percussion).  The trio have toed the line between sultry indie-rock and dark electronica throughout their discography, but these two new songs show us that they are aiming headfirst into a gothic darkwave direction, and the musical 
palette couldn't be a better fit for Julia's breathy, haunting vocals.

This release marks the second installment of our 2018 Seven Inch Of The Month Club, as well!  Subscribers will automatically receive the most limited variant (out of 50 copies) and we have 4 more slots available if you're still on the fence about joining the club!  If you join now, you will receive both the  27 and Vow 7"s right away and all others on their release schedule for just one heavily discounted payment!

Here are the details of this 7" release:

• Limited to 200 copies
  • 50 Subscription Marble Variant
  • 75 Clear w/ Red Splatter
  • 75 White w/ Black Splatter

http://www.mindovermatterrecords.com/MOM043.html

SURPRISE RELEASE!!! SUPER LIMITED!!!

223621e7-72f6-4508-8eaf-aa3dcf30f7cc.jpg

LOVE WILL TEAR US APART

usLights have gifted us with a beautiful cover of Joy Division's "Love Will Tear Us Apart" - not only is it available through your favorite digital provider right now, you can also grab it on a super limited 9" lathe cut record.

That's right.  9 inches.  WILD!

We wanted to really dial this up, so not only did we choose an oddball size for the record, we are also going to die-cut the center of the record out in the shape of a heart and then create a special adapter for it while screen printing the rest of the "center label."  The artwork was created by Nate Utesch (Metavari), and we are going to be screen printing and creating the entire jacket/package by hand as well as screen printing the b-side of the record!

This is a pre-order, as we are very much still creating everything and ironing out some details.  However, they are limited to only 30 copies, so I wouldn't want too long to reserve a copy!

http://www.mindovermatterrecords.com/MOM048.html

14 hours ago, stl_ben said:

The email this morning had the wrong links, but bought one none the less! Looks pretty cool.

SO frustrating. I tested those damn links like 10 times. That’s what I get for putting that email together at like 3am I suppose, though. 

Thanks for the support on this lathes. They’re stupid expensive, but we are doing some wild stuff with them. There are still 3 copies left if anyone is feeling bold!

• 1 month later...

Good news!  We are announcing the March 7” tomorrow!  Ha!  We are only 14 days late!  *eye roll*

Yes, RSD has everything jammed up. Again. The March records are done and the April ones are well underway. May might feel another small delay, but that one is the fault of the band getting me their audio late!  Everything after that will be smooth sailing!  Check your emails first thing tomorrow for more info and subscriber copies of the March 7” will be shipping as soon as the records land at my house next week!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • jhulud changed the title to Mind Over Matter Records Releases Hype Machine Thread - RIGHT NOW: duncan barlow - Colony Collapse 12" (very limited)
  • jhulud changed the title to Mind Over Matter Records Releases Hype Machine Thread - RIGHT NOW: GUILT - Bardstown Ugly Box 12" + 7" Reissue