The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

24 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

It's also no Yes Lawd which received universal acclaim general member hype, but is still around... yet a Nina Simone live album that has other repressings this year sold out in 12 hours. So who knows? It's a fickle membership. :)

It certainly is.  But also Yes Lawd was 1,000 copies and Nina was 350.  I was just trying to point out that is someone REALLY wants an exclusive it's best jut to bite the bullet and do some kind of membership because there's no guarantee it will be around until the Members Only window has expired.   Especially since Crate doesn't exist anymore.  

2 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

It certainly is.  But also Yes Lawd was 1,000 copies and Nina was 350.  I was just trying to point out that is someone REALLY wants an exclusive it's best jut to bite the bullet and do some kind of membership because there's no guarantee it will be around until the Members Only window has expired.   Especially since Crate doesn't exist anymore.  

Good point around pressing #s. Also, 100% agreed on that advice.

I still recommend getting a one month membership for $17 (after $10 referral) and grab everything you want with free shipping. Plus you get a pretty awesome Nina Simone album. Do you know what shipping costs are for non-members?

25 minutes ago, hammertime said:

It should be pretty easy to find out.  Just go to the site and try to buy some shit without logging in.

You actually have to sign in or create an account for it to show the shipping cost.  

37 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

Good point around pressing #s. Also, 100% agreed on that advice.

I still recommend getting a one month membership for $17 (after $10 referral) and grab everything you want with free shipping. Plus you get a pretty awesome Nina Simone album. Do you know what shipping costs are for non-members?

I think I saw $6 somewhere.  I'm not 100% sure on that.  

• 3 weeks later...

I have an unopened Beck I would be willing trade for a previous/different record of the month.  I won one at their monthly Spins listening party. I already have Black Sabbath, Fugees, Nils Frahm, The Books, and Nina.  If you have any not listed you would want to trade for Beck - Odelay please PM.  I do ask that they be complete with all VMP extras.

16 hours ago, briand1313 said:

Yea I picked up the Jim James pink even though I already had the gold.  I usually don't do all the different variations of the same record but couldn't resist.  I'm a sucker for local hometown stuff.

Plus the cheap price tag of the 2 variants didn't hurt.  I didn't get to grab the indie version, but at $19 the VMP version was a no-brainer.  

9 hours ago, unravelled said:

Can anyone hook me up with a copy of the pink Jim James?  Would gladly pay s&h and throw in a few extra $$s for your trouble. 

If you're at all interested in Panda Bear, you can sign up with a code, get Jim James and Panda Bear for $36 and cancel after one month.  It doesn't look like Jim James will be around much longer.  

9 hours ago, unravelled said:

Can anyone hook me up with a copy of the pink Jim James?  Would gladly pay s&h and throw in a few extra $$s for your trouble. 

If you're at all interested in Panda Bear, you can sign up with a code, get Jim James and Panda Bear for $36 and cancel after one month.  It doesn't look like Jim James will be around much longer.  

8 hours ago, YouTwo said:

Yeap, looks like the number is at 40 and once people open their gift subs they will be gone.