The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

• 3 weeks later...

1 hour ago, YouTwo said:

They posted this hint for April's ROTM on their message board.

image_uploaded_from_ios.jpg

Does this describe what I think it describes?  Perhaps a certain cartoon band in desperate need of a repress.  If so... Holy Shit!

I can't  get the image to work but I'm hella curious what does it say 

Also, according to their message board their prices are going up for new members (Will be $29 on  a monthly plan now) starting 3/16.  Right before they will probably announce the album.  Almost like they're expecting a surge of new members.

Edit: I actually just got an email and the price increase is official starting 3/16.  

Edited by YouTwo

1 hour ago, YouTwo said:

Also, according to their message board their prices are going up for new members (Will be $29 on  a monthly plan now) starting 3/16.  Right before they will probably announce the album.  Almost like they're expecting a surge of new members.

Edit: I actually just got an email and the price increase is official starting 3/16.  

Gorillazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 hour ago, Codyoster said:

I would laugh if it was gorillaz s/t or Plastic Beach, Im hoping for Demon Days but it sounds too good to be true. Their ROTM is always hit or miss I think I have subsrcibed and unsubscribed at least 3 times. 

Nah, based on the clue if it's Gorillaz at all it's Demon Days.  

27 minutes ago, thepunkguy said:

hey does anyone know what this month's secret 45 is?

is there a place to check who the secret 7" artists are? i think i've received one each month since last july, but have no idea what i'm listening to.

update: i found this link http://forum.vinylmeplease.com/index.php?tags/secret-7/ which appears to have more info

Edited by WAXXX

I was a member from Aug 2014-Jun 2015 and cancelled after like 80% of the records being stuff I wasn't into.

But I'm super on the fence about reactivating now. This new Tennis LP is kind of unexpectedly good and fucking Demon Days.. That's worth the three month plan, even if the May album sucks. Plus, there's always exclusive stuff in the shop I want to buy. :unsure:

2 hours ago, freedumb said:

VMP... raising prices to deter flippers? Also just so happens to be a good excuse to price gouge. Weak shit, was never a fan of them anyways.  VMP: Vagina My Pussy.

Have you seen the prices the albums go for on Discogs?  No one is making much money.  And now exclusives are one per customer.  They are trying to encourage 3 month memberships with this move.

3 hours ago, erikness said:

But I'm super on the fence about reactivating now. This new Tennis LP is kind of unexpectedly good and fucking Demon Days.. That's worth the three month plan, even if the May album sucks. Plus, there's always exclusive stuff in the shop I want to buy. :unsure:

If May sucks you can always use a swap