The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

30 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

They do one per customer so you'd have to find someone who didn't want it.  You can always sign up for a month to get April's album and cancel.  And use a referral code to get $10 off to soften the blow. They announce April tomorrow (but it's probably Demon Days)

on the topic of referral codes, if anyone wants to DM me theirs...
gonna sign up when my plane lands.

7 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

PM'd

Hey @DOMAN127, i wanted to ask someone who has done VMP referral codes a bit more, I've been having a hard time getting any confirmations on my $10 referral code. How long do they usually take to kick in or am I refering people wrong when I link or send them the email? This wasn't a problem for me before so I'm wondering if it's something on their side so something is bugged because I reactived my subscription recently.

Edited by Vector53

3 minutes ago, Vector53 said:

Hey @DOMAN127, i wanted to ask someone who has done VMP referral codes a bit more, I've been having a hard time getting any confirmations on my $10 referral code. How long do they usually take to kick in or am I refering people wrong when I link or send them the email?

I've had codes not show up before (even at check out) but they come off after I complete my transaction. I usually get the email right away but I've had one delayed before.

3 minutes ago, Vector53 said:

Hey @DOMAN127, i wanted to ask someone who has done VMP referral codes a bit more, I've been having a hard time getting any confirmations on my $10 referral code. How long do they usually take to kick in or am I refering people wrong when I link or send them the email? This wasn't a problem for me before so I'm wondering if it's something on their side. 

I've been having problems with it too; it's not supposed to take long. I emailed them and they manually added the credit. 

4 hours ago, DOMAN127 said:

I can buy you that National LP and I'm good for referral codes if anyone still needs it, but it looks like @Vector53 has you covered.

i have been inundated with help – thanks everyone!

Edited by copelandkid
problem solved; now just a thank-you note :)

Got an email from VMP stating that they would be doing a live review on their Facebook tomorrow morning at 8:50am Pacific time. Guess we'll finally put this one to bed soon.

10 hours ago, Skacel said:

I get that feeling too. I'm not sure if they are just really in to music over there. 

They're pretty rabid fans, for sure. There's a couple negative nancies over there, like someone who wanted to give me shit because I wasn't fawning over FJM but talked about grabbing a copy anyway.  On the whole, though, I really like that community and this one for different reasons. Doesn't take much effort to figure out who collects as a hobby, as a religion, or just has a basic interest in it.

As for grabbing a copy of The National, VMP limits you to one copy of any album AFAIK, so might be tough convincing someone on that one.

17 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

How about a thread for requesting referral codes?  No need to bump this thread all these times for referral codes. Go back a page or 2 and pick someone to PM for a code. 

They announce their April AOTM today, and if it what we're all expecting we'll probably see a surge in referral code requests.  So we can either start a thread to cover one day or understand that this thread will probably be bumped a lot today.  Either way works for me.  

54 minutes ago, Vector53 said:

I sense VMP getting alot of emails about referral codes being borked...they really need to fix that system honestly. Why can't it be a personal promo code they put into the payment screen. *SMH*

Do referral links not work currently?

For Example: http://fbuy.me/fgeqG

Edited by Canuckle

3 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

Do referral links like this one not work currently? http://fbuy.me/fgeqG

Nope, definitely nobody click that link.  J/K, but I got a referral last week using my link and it worked just fine.  I suppose I don't know if any didn't work but no one told me they clicked on mine and didn't get their $10.