The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

4 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

Nope, definitely nobody click that link.  J/K, but I got a referral last week using my link and it worked just fine.  I suppose I don't know if any didn't work but no one told me they clicked on mine and didn't get their $10.  

Put an 'Example' up there. Sorry, not trying to spam, I'm more curious how the link is supposed to behave. For me you get dropped on their site making the link kinda useless as you rely on the referral to convert. 

I want to send it over to a couple vinyl pals in a group chat and not have to worry about e-mails but I'm confused if I am seeing that experience because I'm already a member?

Edited by Canuckle

2 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

Put an 'Example' up there. Sorry, not trying to spam, I'm more curious how the link is supposed to behave. For me you get dropped on their site making the link kinda useless as you rely on the referral to convert. 

I want to send it over to a couple vinyl pals in a group chat and not have to worry about e-mails but I'm confused if I am seeing that experience because I'm already a member?

No, you're fine.  That's how the link is supposed to look.  And then you should get an email saying that someone signed up and that $10 is added to your account.  Just an FYI, last time i had a $10 it never actually showed on my account as credit, nor did it show up at checkout but it showed it came off in the email receipt I got for what I ordered.  

I would also have your friends to let you know after you sign up so you can make sure it went through.  

Edited by YouTwo

3 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

No, you're fine.  That's how the link is supposed to look.  And then you should get an email saying that someone signed up and that $10 is added to your account.  Just an FYI, last time i had a $10 it never actually showed on my account as credit, nor did it show up at checkout but it showed it came off in the email receipt I got for what I ordered.  

I would also have your friends to let you know after you sign up so you can make sure it went through.  

Thank you! So I just gotta instruct them to follow through with the sign-up 'Join the Club' after being dropped on VMP's homepage. 

2 hours ago, YouTwo said:

They announce their April AOTM today, and if it what we're all expecting we'll probably see a surge in referral code requests.  So we can either start a thread to cover one day or understand that this thread will probably be bumped a lot today.  Either way works for me.  

My point is this thread is filled with people offering their discount. All you have to do is go back a page or so. We don't need the same thing repeated on every page. 

Regardless, I'll just unsubscribe for the next day or so. No biggie.

16 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

My point is this thread is filled with people offering their discount. All you have to do is go back a page or so. We don't need the same thing repeated on every page. 

Regardless, I'll just unsubscribe for the next day or so. No biggie.

This is the internet.  You know that's not going to happen.  

2 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

Though technically it's everyone that's read the hints that crying Demon Days.  VMP can't really be to blame until they announce what it is.  Though something could be said for letting us all dangle or this long.

I'm seeing a lot of Stankonia guesses, but that doesn't fit the MO of the clues we've been receiving. Don't think I'd care either way.