The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

On 3/22/2017 at 0:07 PM, thievedrelic said:
21 hours ago, stl_ben said:

it's $81 for the 3 month...but yeah way cheaper than the $200 they are on ebay....

They pressed 20k+, there is no way the prices will stay at $200. Maybe for a short while, but not in the long run.

Anyone paying $200 either has $$$ to throw away, or they are just not very patient.

23 hours ago, JezmundToo said:

edit: VMP sort of reminds me of Newbury with all their unnecessary pressings. Also, I am a grumpy old man.

23 hours ago, YouTwo said:

I say this as a biased VMP subscriber, but I actually find their exclusives to me quite the opposite of Newbury.  A lot of them are great new releases and it seems to me like they put a lot of time into selecting them.  And their pricing is usually in line with, maybe a couple bucks more, than you can find the standard releases for.  Newbury seems to re-press albums that are readily available for cheap and really jacks up the price.  

I'm somewhere in between both of you. I do feel like I'm being sold stuff that I either own or that my eyes have glazed over at the record store for years/decades for over 80% of the VMP catalog and around 70% for NC. 

NC has a back stock that speaks to me more, mostly cuz they have a lot of genre differentiation and I could stand owning more jazz standards than I do, and they have a good selection. VMP has more electronic, which NC should do more of IMO (Their Com Truise exclusives rn is a good step in that direction). I mean, Boomkat puts out some decent exclusives, but not like these two dedicated merchants.

Bought my first NC order the other day and subscribed for VMP 3 months, due to Demon Days. I hope the rumours of a female electronic lp next month are true; I don't have too many of those besides the odd Goldfrapp and Ladytron. Besides, I could always swap for that The Chills reissue if it doesn't pan out or the June release ends up being something I don't want.

Edited by armadillo01

6 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

I think May is supposed to be a 90's female.  Not necessarily electronic.  The message board over there is pretty sure they have it nailed down.  

What do they think it is? I can't really find the thread where it would be discussed. 

Nevermind I'm dumb. Found it.

Edited by Fowty Dollaz

Has the wait list email been sent out for today? I know for the past two days, people got emails. I signed up to be wait listed on the 20th at 9:26 pm (7 mins after the tweeted about the wait list) and haven't gotten one. I'm not a giant fan of the VMP releases, but at this point, getting Demon Days and possibly Tidal would be worth $81 to me. Just really hope I get an email.. Went as low as posting on the vinyl collectors reddit to see if anyone wanted to trade for something for DD. So far, have only gotten offers for stuff I'm not willing to part with.

I'm not sold it is Tidal just yet... but we are getting there. 

Pumped for DD to show up and hoping those on the wait list get their wishes! Also, as others have mentioned, I would have my alerts for resall copies set on high right now (discogs, ebay). As members get DD they may throw them out there under current market prices to get some cash for a release they don't enjoy. 

2 hours ago, mellowtooth said:

I'm so bummed, I never realized Demon Days wouldn't be available in the member store and I've had a crate subscription since it was open beta. It never even occurred to me to switch my account over.

Emailed VMP and they told me I'm shit out of luck.

:(

Maybe you'll get lucky and there will be a few copies during next month's garage sale. I imagine you'll have to be quick on the draw, though.