The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

You should buy his copy of Demon Dayz and get to the bottom of this.  I bet his PayPal email and physical address could crack the case.

Nah i'm good, that's all you.

1 hour ago, stl_ben said:

VMP know exactly who he is. ...there is no rules against flipping so not sure what reporting him would do. He is banned from their message Board though. 

That's a shame.  

15 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

i was looking forward to receiving my demon days vinyl, but fuck me. if a consenting adult wants to pay $150 for my copy, it's yours.

I feel the same way. I usually never flip records but I would happily sell mine for 150 or so if someone was down to buy it or even trade for that value.

13 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

From what I've read, it's cut a bit hot, and is prone to skips as well. Can anyone else on here confirm?

The only thing I noticed was a little distortion during Feel Good Inc.  I thought I heard a skip during Dare but went back and couldn't find it again.  Other than that it sounds awesome.

For anyone else who got the email that their membership is expiring, yet it still says active, here is a good thread to follow: http://forum.vinylmeplease.com/index.php?threads/pricing-changes-for-future-members-not-current-active.4392/page-25.

People have a lot of questions and aren't getting many answers. I sent VMP an email and if I hear back I will provide any more information. Hopefully I hear back. I really want the May release and from the email they sent it appears one needs to sign up by the end of the week. This situation is strange.

5 hours ago, ThunderPantz said:

For anyone else who got the email that their membership is expiring, yet it still says active, here is a good thread to follow: http://forum.vinylmeplease.com/index.php?threads/pricing-changes-for-future-members-not-current-active.4392/page-25.

People have a lot of questions and aren't getting many answers. I sent VMP an email and if I hear back I will provide any more information. Hopefully I hear back. I really want the May release and from the email they sent it appears one needs to sign up by the end of the week. This situation is strange.

I just checked my account... It says it will automatically renew on May 2. 

There's an option to "Cancel Membership," but assuming I don't do that, I don't see how they would have the justification to just kick one-monthers out.

The email seemed like a not-too-clever ploy to stir up a bit of uncertainty that would ideally lead to those one-monthers turning into 3- and 6-monthers. Kinda shady, if you ask me, but I can understand how a company gets greedy at the first sign of real success.

1 minute ago, YouTwo said:

Did you try to repeat your skip in All Alone?  I thought I heard a skip in Dare but when I went back it wasn't there.   Possibly some debris my cleaning missed (though TBH there's a chance I forgot to clean Side D)

Yeah, I've actually got skips in 'All Alone' and 'Fire Coming Out Of The Monkey's Head'. I can see what look like flaws in the grooves in both places that skip. Damaged/dirty stampers maybe? That would mean an entire batch is affected, which judging by the comments on Discogs, might be the case. Seems to be lots of repeating skips in All Alone from what I'm reading.

For what it's worth, I cleaned both discs before playing them on my Music Hall RCM and my turntable is a custom heavy platter idler drive w/an SME 3009 SIII tonearm and an Audio-Technica AT160ML cart. First time I've ever heard a skip on this setup.

16 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

The widget is on the website where it says Earn $10.  It generates a link that acts as the referral code.

OK maybe I'm overthinking things but I just paste "http://www.vinylmeplease.com/refer-a-friend/" and it works for the other person even though I don't see the widget (whose image appears in the FAQ) when I click through to that page myself?

Because that's not the "fbuy.whatever" url link everyone else is using here...

Edited by armadillo01

9 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

OK maybe I'm overthinking things but I just paste "http://www.vinylmeplease.com/refer-a-friend/" and it works for the other person even though I don't see the widget (whose image appears in the FAQ) when I click through to that page myself?

Because that's not the "fbuy.whatever" url link everyone else is using here...

There's referral link on the widget

4 minutes ago, jonnywreck said:

What the fuck kind of cocktail recipe is this? Two ingredients have to be ordered online - ha ha ha ha HAAAAAA.

Colour me disappointed too. Is that common for the drink recipes? There's "synergistic branding" ("Hey, common brand x of liquor who we are namechecking for $$$ mixes the best with recipe y") and then there's "buy our 'partners' exclusive ingredients or you're fucked" :rolleyes:

Edited by armadillo01