The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

Damn, looks like it is Tidal for sure. I was hoping people would be wrong about that guess. Signed up for 3 months and all 3 albums didn't really interest me much and I am out of albums to swap for at this point. Demon Days is an album I can get into more but Tennis and Fiona Apple just is not happening. I am looking forward to getting the new Mick Jenkins album though when they add that to the store.

12 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

I thought most of those complaints were because people didn't realize that there's fake surface noise built into the recording?

That is completely it. I wish they would not have done it but it is pretty much only in spots where there is dialogue so the actual songs sound great still. This is hands down my favorite album they have done thus far so I could not recommend it more. I was just listening to it the other day and it bumps quite nicely!

There were some people that said some certain song skipped but I remember playing that track a few times and it played perfect for me. It is tough when you see some complaints because a lot of time it is just someone with a shitty turntable or they did not clean it first like you see on amazon with just about every single vinyl release on there so you def. have to look a bit deeper.

On Wednesday, I got a notification that DD won't be delivered till Monday the 17th. Thursday, I checked the status and it's literally a town over from where I live. I can probably walk there. Nothing happened yesterday and it still says it will be delivered Monday. Checked to see if Fedex does deliveries on Good Friday and they did so I really don't understand the delay?

Alright, most of you guys have received your copies. My Gorillaz people are kinda whining about this pressing having no crossfades, the music sounds like it's sped up, and having the many issues that come with records in general.

http://www.gorillaz-unofficial.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=40254

Do you think this is a bad pressing or you liking it? My copy seems to have none of the issues besides the no crossfades that people are talking about. 

Edited by Vector53

12 minutes ago, Vector53 said:

Alright, most of you guys have received your copies. My Gorillaz people are kinda whining about this pressing having no crossfades, the music sounds like it's sped up, and having the many issues that come with records in general.

http://www.gorillaz-unofficial.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=40254

Do you think this is a bad pressing or you liking it? My copy seems to have none of the issues besides the no crossfades that people are talking about. 

Wow, that doesn't seem like a very bright group over there.

I can't speak for the VMP album, just noticing the responses.

34 minutes ago, Vector53 said:

What I would really like to know is how the OG pressing of DD sounds compared to the VMP pressing. I'm sure someone has both to compare.

My friend has an OG copy (realized it the other night) but I don't think he's too interested in A/Bing with me and I won't even bother asking him to loan it.

Edited by armadillo01

I have an original, but no VMP. From what I keep reading everywhere, the original must trump the VMP.

I have no issues with the original, other than it's a hair bass heavy. Not a big deal though, just turn the bass knob down a bit.

The VMP seems to plagued with all kinds of problems. It's pressed at GZ vinyl, which is terrible for quality control. 

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/gz-vinyl-quality-control-or-lack-of-see-pics.310015/

They don't even stand behind their own product, read the email in that link.

I A/B'd my copies of DD. I think the new pressing slightly beats it. More robust bass, a touch louder. Don't get me wrong, the original was very good too. If you have an original, don't sweat not getting a new one. If you have a new one, be happy. 

Edited by timsimmons

24 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

I have an original, but no VMP. From what I keep reading everywhere, the original must trump the VMP.

I have no issues with the original, other than it's a hair bass heavy. Not a big deal though, just turn the bass knob down a bit.

The VMP seems to plagued with all kinds of problems. It's pressed at GZ vinyl, which is terrible for quality control. 

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/gz-vinyl-quality-control-or-lack-of-see-pics.310015/

I don't know if I'd say plagued.  According to the staff there's less than 100 claims for replacement so far.

14 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

funny how this is like the third time you've tried to trash this pressing without actually owning it. stop spreading the garbage rumors of people on the internet because you didn't get a copy. it's getting old....