The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

My friend is going to be pissed. I didn't know about the 1 per person thing and he wanted me to get him the National release. Tried yesterday and it said I already exceeded the amount I could buy. I told him not to worry because they had 391 copies left and to just wait till Thursday when he can probably subscribe for a month membership. Just checked and they're down to 20 copies.. 

4 hours ago, AdamJNovak said:

My friend is going to be pissed. I didn't know about the 1 per person thing and he wanted me to get him the National release. Tried yesterday and it said I already exceeded the amount I could buy. I told him not to worry because they had 391 copies left and to just wait till Thursday when he can probably subscribe for a month membership. Just checked and they're down to 20 copies.. 

It's now open for non members to buy. Tell him to be quick tho because there are only 11 left.

3 minutes ago, Moglog said:

Maybe I got lucky or something, but my Demon Days sounds phenomenal, as do most of my VMP pressings. 

not lucky, it's just a really good pressing.

There is a just a vocal minority complaining. 

VMP has posted that they have had less than a 2% return/complaint rate which from what they say is better than any of their previous releases.

This record has just drawn out a lot of crosley fans that like to complain.

3 minutes ago, Moglog said:

Maybe I got lucky or something, but my Demon Days sounds phenomenal, as do most of my VMP pressings. 

VMP has posted that they have had less than a 2% return/complaint rate which from what they say is better than any of their previous releases.

1 hour ago, stl_ben said:

The pressing is good, but the mastering is, in my opinion, too loud. I think it sort of reduces the dynamics of the album. Don't get me wrong, it still is an enjoyable listen, but it's a bit bloated with bass, which drowns out other details.

I got through 3 sides yesterday and it was definitely causing some listening fatigue. Probably the loudest LP in my collection. Reminded me of listening to the brickwalled digital version of Plastic Beach. 

Just to chime in on the Demon Days pressing quality, my friend said his copy was skipping in places on his table (a Numark TTUSB). He brought it over to try it on my Technics 1210 and it played thru perfectly. Seems like the people reporting problems need to check their setups before they complain. FWIW I thought the sound quality was fine if maybe a touch bass heavy, but it was my first time hearing the record so what do I know. 

I am on the waitlist for an opening and they said they are now sending out openings very slowly. Which is not a big deal because I am patient. Email also said that they have more presses of DD coming through. Doesn't interest me but just an update for anyone on the waitlist. I know they should be opening up Thursday night. Once I get it, i'll be getting a 3 month. More excited for Tidal than anything.

7 hours ago, EmeryRK said:

I am on the waitlist for an opening and they said they are now sending out openings very slowly. Which is not a big deal because I am patient. Email also said that they have more presses of DD coming through. Doesn't interest me but just an update for anyone on the waitlist. I know they should be opening up Thursday night. Once I get it, i'll be getting a 3 month. More excited for Tidal than anything.

Huh, I wonder how they'll release the extra presses since the ROTM deadline is past. I'm on the waitlist twice though so if it goes up I'm pulling the trigger for sure this time.

1 minute ago, mameeshkamowskwoz said:

I heard a rumor that next month is Tidal by Fiona Apple. Are there any members that would pass on this that I could buy it from?

They should open up additional memberships tomorrow.  I wouldn't be surprised if you need to do a 3 month sub though.  But I'd act quick if you can do monthly.  

Edited by YouTwo