The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

2 minutes ago, jhulud said:

It's fine that it's on 180g black vinyl....but honestly, always pictured this release being on some sort of clear or icy translucent blue or even a lighter coke bottle green.

Same. I was kind of hoping for like a "Clear Seafoam" type color. But I'll take black. 

VMP site is REALLY dragging right now...

I think Fiona Apple broke the internet. 

Edited by Fowty Dollaz

5 minutes ago, justindinealone said:

there has to be a non-VMP version of this coming..

With the VMP version not being an "exclusive color", what do you think a standard release would be? 140g vinyl? Just allowing for a timed exclusive for VMP? 

I like Tidal, but I don't love it, and I no longer have to own everything I like on vinyl just because it's vinyl, so a standard issue appeals to me much more than a club version of this, if I was going to get it at all.

Just now, jrodan said:

I don't agree with what he told you. I just reactivated my subscription to a month to month and they charged my paypal immediately.

My payment didn't come out of my account until the beginning of the month when I bought the 3 month subscription last month.  Mine is on a credit card though, so Paypal might be different. 

2 minutes ago, kannibal said:

With the VMP version not being an "exclusive color", what do you think a standard release would be? 140g vinyl? Just allowing for a timed exclusive for VMP? 

I like Tidal, but I don't love it, and I no longer have to own everything I like on vinyl just because it's vinyl, so a standard issue appeals to me much more than a club version of this, if I was going to get it at all.

I'm guessing it's a window. 

If if we are supposed to be happy with the June store, we'll probably see the catalog repressed for a June wide release. 

3 minutes ago, AdamJNovak said:

I need When the Pawn and Extraordinary Machine.

Let's not forget The Idler Wheel.  This album is amazing and is the first Fiona Apple album I actually ever bought.  There's already a vinyl version out there, although I know nothing of the qualify of the press.   

Odd question. It somehow let me reactivate my Crate sub as it's now the 1-Month sub thing at $6. No prob. On my account page it shows Tidal as being the May Record of The Month. Now, how do I order it? Or have to wait til the store opens on May 2nd? (I've never had a straight-up full-on sub, only Crate so have no idea).