The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

20 minutes ago, charles1028 said:

While a wider release seems likely in the future, according to the Q&A with VMPs "Head of Music", the label has no current plans for a wider release and this is truly an exclusive to Vinyl Me, Please.   Of course, consumer response may change that.  

Here's a link to that Q&A:

http://www.vinylmeplease.com/magazine/tidal-info/

30 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

I'm guessing it's a window. 

If if we are supposed to be happy with the June store, we'll probably see the catalog repressed for a June wide release. 

Yeah, seems like it will be a timed exclusive, at least. While a wide release seems like a no brainer, I have to wonder why this and many other "no brainers" have yet to be released.

6 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

All the referral links are still down. Maybe VMP had to give up  too many monies this month over DD and they nuked the program?

2 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

It's their whole website down, not just referral links.

Everything except the home page is still up. They are saying that the home page being down and all other pages still working is just a weird hiccup. The effect is that it prevents referral codes from being used but I don't think it's an intentional secret plot to curb referrals.

Edited by richardsurf

9 minutes ago, richardsurf said:

Everything except the home page is still up. They are saying that the home page being down and all other pages still working is just a weird hiccup. The effect is that it prevents referral codes from being used but I don't think it's an intentional secret plot to curb referrals.

Image result for the truth is out there gif

Is this how it's always been?  There is still the "Paste your link anywhere" dialog.

Rules & Regulations

• “The Crate” subscription is excluded from referral rewards
  • 1 new friend signed up = $10 VMP account credit to go towards your membership, or to use in the store
  • You MUST use the widget to share VMP with your friends. If you do not use the widget we CANNOT validate the referral & you WILL NOT receive your store credit.
  • Total referrals are limited to 50 per person

There are 3 ways to share:

1. Email — Type in their email address, customize the message however you see fit and hit “send”. The email will be sent to them and will include a link to sign up.

2. Facebook — Type in a message and click “Share.” The post will be sent to them and will include a link to sign up.

3. Twitter — Type in a message and click “Tweet.” The tweet will be sent to them and will include a link to sign up. When they sign up, you will BOTH automatically be entered into our referral system (the referrer will get an email saying they’ve earned their VMP credit).

If you have any other questions, please email [email protected].

3 minutes ago, MicLima said:

Is this how it's always been?  There is still the "Paste your link anywhere" dialog.

Rules & Regulations

• “The Crate” subscription is excluded from referral rewards
  • 1 new friend signed up = $10 VMP account credit to go towards your membership, or to use in the store
  • You MUST use the widget to share VMP with your friends. If you do not use the widget we CANNOT validate the referral & you WILL NOT receive your store credit.
  • Total referrals are limited to 50 per person

There are 3 ways to share:

1. Email — Type in their email address, customize the message however you see fit and hit “send”. The email will be sent to them and will include a link to sign up.

2. Facebook — Type in a message and click “Share.” The post will be sent to them and will include a link to sign up.

3. Twitter — Type in a message and click “Tweet.” The tweet will be sent to them and will include a link to sign up. When they sign up, you will BOTH automatically be entered into our referral system (the referrer will get an email saying they’ve earned their VMP credit).

If you have any other questions, please email [email protected].

The 50 limit is definitely new.  I guess I still have a ways to go then.  

3 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

The 50 limit is definitely new.  I guess I still have a ways to go then.  

Yeah, I never noticed that either. I doubt I will ever get that many but I know there are some people who were getting well above that.

The most consistent and problem free way of signing up referrals in my experience has been the email option by far.

Ah I was wondering why none of you were using my referral code!!

Well, carry on. It was fun while it lasted. Pretty excited this is gonna be 45 RPM, wish they'd release pressing info. (I mean, it's probably digitally sourced like 99% of new records but the guy doing the mastering would be nice to know. CB or maybe KG?)

Ya, the referral system wasn't properly thought out before DD. If I was on the VMP business side I would have added a few conditions beyond the simple 50 'max':

• 10 max per release (i.e., $100)
  • Must be on 3 or more month subs

It really cheapens the VMP experience IMO when it becomes a cashgrab for people in the right place / right time / spammers. 

Also for those wondering, the source and mastering is right on the release page:

• 2LP, 180g Black Vinyl
  • 45 RPM
  • Gatefold Jacket
  • 12-page lyric booklet
  • Remastered from original analog tapes by Ted Jensen at Sterling Sound
  • 12x12 Art Print by Wade Jeffree + Leta Sobierajski aka Ikko Ikko
Edited by Canuckle

2 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

Ya, the referral system wasn't properly thought out before DD. If I was on the VMP business side I would have added a few conditions beyond the simple 50 'max':

• 10 max per release (i.e., $100)
  • Must be on 3 or more month subs

It really cheapens the VMP experience IMO when it becomes a cashgrab for people in the right place / right time / spammers. 

Also for those wondering, the source and mastering is right on the release page:

• 2LP, 180g Black Vinyl
  • 45 RPM
  • Gatefold Jacket
  • 12-page lyric booklet
  • Remastered from original analog tapes by Ted Jensen at Sterling Sound
  • 12x12 Art Print by Wade Jeffree + Leta Sobierajski aka Ikko Ikko

Where did you see those stipulations at?  

1 hour ago, ethereal said:

Color is picked by the artist and has nothing to do with other pressing features 

Not heard that before, would have thought the label and issuing company would have had a large say on colour since it's their money on the line. Regardless, I would always take 45rpm over colour.

2 minutes ago, mondie said:

Not heard that before, would have thought the label and issuing company would have had a large say on colour since it's their money on the line. Regardless, I would always take 45rpm over colour.

colored vinyl has nothing to do with a "tradeoff" for being cut at 45 rpm.

just sounds like you're trying to plug your dislike of colored vinyl, which is tiring and ignorant