The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

3 minutes ago, Skacel said:

The mod over at VMP was saying they've capped it cause folk were making $5k of Gorillaz. Come on, who was it?

There's a guy on their boards that had the most they have ever seen. Said he could pay for close multiple years or subs from it and all he did was sit on reddit and respond to requests. Turns what should be a personal recommendation engine, into a popmarket code. 

Also, FYI:

VinylMePlease
**UPDATE** Still working on resurrecting our site after traffic from the Fiona announcement crashed it...thanks for your patience!
Apr 20, 2017, 3:41 PM

44 minutes ago, ethereal said:

colored vinyl has nothing to do with a "tradeoff" for being cut at 45 rpm.

just sounds like you're trying to plug your dislike of colored vinyl, which is tiring and ignorant 

Tiring,  ignorant, how? First time I have mentioned it on VC. 45rpm is a clear SQ winner hence my original post.

7 minutes ago, Skacel said:

The mod over at VMP was saying they've capped it cause folk were making $5k of Gorillaz. Come on, who was it?

There was some guy on there forums saying he could buy 2 turn tables and a decade of subscriptions with the money he made. I thought I was doing decent being able to get a couple free record over the last year haha.. I am pretty sure that guy started the thread on reddit among other sites too though so he was the first post everyone saw. That is an insane amount for one person to make from referrals of a record club.

15 minutes ago, Green Tea Papi said:

Does anyone know if this is the same as the Japanese boot that sold on the bay back in Jan?

It def. is not. On the release page it shows that it was remastered from the original analog tapes at 45 rpm so this release should be as good or better then the og release.

9 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

VMP doesn't do boots

Posted this on the previous page: 

• Remastered from original analog tapes by Ted Jensen at Sterling Sound

Of course! I just figured it was some kind of leak in retrospect as the LP was super nice quality for a boot. But now I just saw the video this is amazing quality I'm glad we have this

38 minutes ago, Green Tea Papi said:

Of course! I just figured it was some kind of leak in retrospect as the LP was super nice quality for a boot. But now I just saw the video this is amazing quality I'm glad we have this

You have way too many posts on this site to think that something like that occurs. 

13 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

He's not known for being bright.

You are telling me the self proclaimed "Green Tea Papi" is not that bright? They need to go back and do some more research because green tea was supposed to be the brain beverage last I heard, either that or the Papi is buying that bootlegged green tea which would make sense why he is just willy nilly proclaiming random record releases are also bootlegs.

2 hours ago, Reshiram454 said:

Yeah I swapped for the Fugees, hopefully I don't regret this several years down the line, but I really don't see my ever having an interest in Fiona, and that Fugees album has been on my wantlist for a while now.

Are you actively trying to get that Fugees album? Because VMP only had about 100 copies available in the store when I checked a a day or two ago. I would move on that quickly if I were you.

ETA: Just checked and that number is down to 16 now.

Edited by superheroclass

1 hour ago, Sunshine said:

He's not known for being bright.

54 minutes ago, hype said:

You are telling me the self proclaimed "Green Tea Papi" is not that bright? They need to go back and do some more research because green tea was supposed to be the brain beverage last I heard, either that or the Papi is buying that bootlegged green tea which would make sense why he is just willy nilly proclaiming random record releases are also bootlegs.

something something green tea impairs cognitive function, happy twentieth day of the fourth month 

59 minutes ago, superheroclass said:

Are you actively trying to get that Fugees album? Because VMP only had about 100 copies available in the store when I checked a a day or two ago. I would move on that quickly if I were you.

ETA: Just checked and that number is down to 16 now.

I swapped this morning, I appreciate the heads up though!

Has anyone heard anything about when the site is supposed to be working again? I am not real active on chasing referrals and following the updates but because of this I probably got screwed on the 1-2 referrals I had a chance at getting. Tidal wave of disappointment splashing me in the face today.

Herc_is_Disappointed.gif

Edited by hype