The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

for the ones that have had VMP before, do they charge right away or when the album ships? I just got charge already so I don't know if that means ill be getting the Fiona album or Aprils. Because it says my account will renew May 2, so im hoping I don't get Aprils record.

Just now, KingTacoMunster said:

for the ones that have had VMP before, do they charge right away or when the album ships? I just got charge already so I don't know if that means ill be getting the Fiona album or Aprils. Because it says my account will renew May 2, so im hoping I don't get Aprils record.

When did you sign up?  Usually you're just charged on the 2nd of every month.  

3 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

yesterday. I got through when the site was bugging out, none of the referral codes were working though

Then I can't help you if you didn't use my code!  But if I was going to offer advice, it would be to email [email protected] to ask about it.  The impression I got from them last month is that you shouldn't be charged right away.  Did you do monthly or 3 month?

Edited by YouTwo

1 minute ago, YouTwo said:

Then I can't help you if you didn't use my code!  But if I was going to offer advise, it would be to email [email protected] to ask about it.  The impression I got from them last month is that you shouldn't be charged right away.  Did you do monthly or 3 month?

monthly. ill reach out to them, I noticed there was no customer service phone number. ill figure out it thanks, don't wanna crap up this thread with questions.

1 minute ago, KingTacoMunster said:

monthly. ill reach out to them, I noticed there was no customer service phone number. ill figure out it thanks, don't wanna crap up this thread with questions.

Just one more question.  Did you look that you were actually charged?  (Like it shows from either Paypal or your bank website)?  It's been a while but I think I remember it looking like I was charged when I checked out but it never showed up as a charge and when I went to My Account it showed my status was "Future" and would renew on the 2nd of the next month.  

Edited by YouTwo

2 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

Just one more question.  Did you look that you were actually charged?  (Like it shows from either Paypal or your bank website)?  It's been a while but I think I remember it looking like I was charged when I checked out but it never showed up as a charge and when I went to My Account it showed my status was "Future" and would renew on the 2nd of the next month.  

yea, 29 cleared my account already

26 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

You have to sign up by the 15th of the month to get that month's record, so since you signed up after that you'll be getting Fiona. 

And I'm not 100% certain about this, but I think they may have changed it so that for monthly (i.e. single month/month-to-month, not multi-month) subscriptions you're charged right away. I assume this is to prevent people from signing up just to get access to/buy albums from their member store and then cancel before they get charged for the AOTM.

Edited by ksuwdboots

3 minutes ago, ksuwdboots said:

You have to sign up by the 15th of the month to get that month's record, so since you signed up after that you'll be getting Fiona. 

And I'm not 100% certain about this, but I think they may have changed it so that for monthly subscriptions you're charged right away. I assume this is to prevent people from signing up just to get access to/buy albums from their member store and then cancel before they get charged for the AOTM.

awesome, thanks for this. so if I wanna cancel before it renews again on may 2nd, I should still get Fiona since ive been charged. cool

2 minutes ago, ksuwdboots said:

And I'm not 100% certain about this, but I think they may have changed it so that for monthly subscriptions you're charged right away. I assume this is to prevent people from signing up just to get access to/buy albums from their member store and then cancel before they get charged for the AOTM.

This is what I thought last month so I asked one of the staff on the message board and they said if someone was charged right away it was a mistake.  So if that's new, it's new this month.

Just now, KingTacoMunster said:

awesome, thanks for this. so if I wanna cancel before it renews again on may 2nd, I should still get Fiona since ive been charged. cool

I would be careful with that because for all other monthly subscribers their account will be charged on May 2nd to get Fiona.  I would just email them and have them sort it out before your cancel and possibly miss out.  

5 minutes ago, richardsurf said:

I'm hoping the hype over Tidal will convince the label/Apple to release a better quality pressing of Idler Wheel.

(My link is in my signature. I'm OK with people using it now.)

VMP has hinted at some other Fiona pressings potentially coming in the store... haven't given her a chance so I better start now :)

9 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

Ya if there are any archive albums you want that are low stock, you may want to grab them when you can from the store!

With a lot of people who wanted DD forced into multi-month subs, they will be eating up the swaps on older AOTMs. 

Every one order Wells Fargo immediately!

19 minutes ago, richardsurf said:

I'm hoping the hype over Tidal will convince the label/Apple to release a better quality pressing of Idler Wheel.

(My link is in my signature. I'm OK with people using it now.)

I have idler wheel and the pressing is extremely quality. what are you talking about?

haha. already on ebay, huh?

VMP sent out an email saying "Things are back up and running and you can head over to our site and sign up before we sell out again, which we are close to doing even with the site crash." so sign up before you have to deal with assholes like this!

Edited by alllexm

3 minutes ago, alllexm said:

haha. already on ebay, huh?

VMP sent out an email saying "Things are back up and running and you can head over to our site and sign up before we sell out again, which we are close to doing even with the site crash." so sign up before you have to deal with assholes like this!

I hope their copy gets a corner ding during shipping.