The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

Haha. I don't think people realize that the public can just buy that Fugees record now given it's over 12 months old (i.e., it is no longer members only, just like all of the 2015 catalog). Don't let these referral jabronies fool you.

Other records from their exclusives you can get without even joining the club:

• Big Bill Bronzy
  • Strand of Oaks
  • Ricky Eat Acid
  • sir Was
  • ISLANDS
  • NAO

https://app.vinylmeplease.com/products/store-exclusives

Edited by Canuckle

6 minutes ago, LPancakes said:

has anybody from the uk bought stuff from the store and added them to your ROTM, if that's even possible?  just wanna know how much it cost and if there were any customs fees

From Canada and the same rules apply to us up here. You can order as much or as little as you want from the store, but there is an additional shipping cost. The first piece is a set amount (somewhere between $5-8 USD) and then every additional store item after is reduced shipping ($3-5 USD).

So if you are going to buy from the store, better to buy in bulk per purchase to talk advantage of the reduce multiple item cost. They will show you the shipping price before you pay as well! The store items usually get shipped out in your next AOTM package. 

So not only does my referral link not work, when I asked them for help, this is what I get: " I've contacted our tech people about this and they can't do anything about it yet. If you have you friend sign up now I will manually give credits to both of you. That's the best I can offer right now sorry to say. We've had plenty of issues the past 24 hours and I'm sorry this is apart of the aftermath"

:rolleyes: Because there aren't 5000 other users with working referral links/codes in this forum alone. They're never getting my money again and I'm already foregoingoing buying anything from their store.

And I subscribed for Demon Days last month for the first time. Moral of the story: Referrals only work for veteran users.

I'm in Canada; I need the referral codes because I don't get cheap/free shipping and the cost is already much more expensive. FUBAR.

Might as well edit my signature and remove the link.

2 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

So not only does my referral link not work, when I asked them for help, this is what I get: " I've contacted our tech people about this and they can't do anything about it yet. If you have you friend sign up now I will manually give credits to both of you. That's the best I can offer right now sorry to say. We've had plenty of issues the past 24 hours and I'm sorry this is apart of the aftermath"

:rolleyes: Because there aren't 5000 other users with working referral links/codes in this forum alone. They're never getting my money again and I'm already foregoingoing buying anything from their store.

And I subscribed for Demon Days last month for the first time. Moral of the story: Referrals only work for veteran users.

I'm in Canada; I need the referral codes because I don't get cheap/free shipping and the cost is already much more expensive. FUBAR.

Don't see why you're so bent out of shape, seems to me they offered you a perfectly reasonable alternative/workaround until the issue is resolved.

2 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

I don't understand, they're having tech issues and offered to give you and your friend the $10 credit still.  I'm missing the problem?  Also, referral links are working again.  

42 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

Haha. I don't think people realize that the public can just buy that Fugees record now given it's over 12 months old (i.e., it is no longer members only, just like all of the 2015 catalog). Don't let these referral jabronies fool you.

Other records from their exclusives you can get without even joining the club:

• Big Bill Bronzy
  • Strand of Oaks
  • Ricky Eat Acid
  • sir Was
  • ISLANDS
  • NAO

https://app.vinylmeplease.com/products/store-exclusives

Not sure how Strand of Oaks (AKA the best album of the year so far) is still in the store.  

5 minutes ago, ksuwdboots said:

Don't see why you're so bent out of shape, seems to me they offered you a perfectly reasonable alternative/workaround until the issue is resolved.

4 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

I don't understand, they're having tech issues and offered to give you and your friend the $10 credit still.  I'm missing the problem?  Also, referral links are working again.  

Re-read the second paragraphs, guys. It's right there. Why would an anon on here trust my word about what they said versus clicking on someone else's referral link? Why bother? Really not that hard to figure out what most people would do given those options.

Also, "until the issue is resolved" is wishful thinking pulled from thin air.

I don't see how furnishing a working link is too much to ask.

Edited by armadillo01

Just now, armadillo01 said:

Re-read the second paragraphs, guys. It's right there. Why would an anon on here trust my word about what they said versus clicking on someone else's referral link? Why bother? Really not that hard to figure out what most people would do given those options.

I don't see how furnishing a working link is too much to ask.

I had a couple referrals not go through, I emailed them my email address and the person's email address who I referred.  We both got $10 credit no questions asked.  Are you mad that they might not believe you or that people might take advantage?

7 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

My referral code didn't work a few months ago. It took 3-4 messages and a few days to sort out. I think this is just bad timing for you since it's a hype heavy, panic inducing, FOMO-full moment in vinyl referral history. It's not a scheme to reward veteran members by punishing new members.

4 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

I had a couple referrals not go through, I emailed them my email address and the person's email address who I referred.  We both got $10 credit no questions asked.  Are you mad that they might not believe you or that people might take advantage?

I'm mad that I couldn't find the widget on the webpage in the first place, but also that when they emailed me a link/code as a fix-around, that fix-around is busted. They've failed twice and it seems new users are shut-out from the referral process to begin with.

Edited by armadillo01

9 minutes ago, richardsurf said:

My referral code didn't work a few months ago. It took 3-4 messages and a few days to sort out. I think this is just bad timing for you since it's a hype heavy, panic inducing, FOMO-full moment in vinyl referral history. It's not a scheme to reward veteran members by punishing new members.

8 messages, all of which ended in what amounts to "Whoopsie! *shrug*  If you know the other person like a friend maybe we can do something but you're SOOL otherwise" after being a member for a month, not a few days. Not really comparable.

Also not interested in excuses; more revenue means paying for more code-monkeys and server capacity if they care about customer service. No excuses to sit back, count money, and have disgruntled new subscribers.

Edited by armadillo01

Well. It may not be referral code related...but I'm getting the shaft on getting a simple question answered. All I want to know is by reactivating my formerly-known-as-Crate monthly sub, as they pushed to, does it get me in the mix for Tidal. That's all want to know. But nooooooooooo...no reply for almost two days now and of course they're ignoring everyone on FB and Twitter.

7 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

8 messages, all of which ended in what amounts to "Whoopsie! *shrug*  If you know the other person like a friend maybe we can do something but you're SOOL otherwise" after being a member for a month, not a few days. Not really comparable.

Also not interested in excuses; more revenue means paying for more code-monkeys and server capacity if they care about customer service. No excuses to sit back, count money, and have disgruntled new subscribers.

I actually went back and counted and it was 18 messages spread out over 1 month (my link stopped working twice in that time span), so my mistake for misremembering it as taking less time/messages.

Still, it's not about the # of messages, the #of days one is a member, or any hyper-specific # totals. It's about your theory that VMP can easily fix a broken referral link in less than 1 day but, for whatever reason, don't want to help you. I don't think that is a reality-based argument but I agree with your feelings that it's upsetting to deal with it right now during peak sign-up periods. I would be upset too.

4 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Well. It may not be referral code related...but I'm getting the shaft on getting a simple question answered. All I want to know is by reactivating my formerly-known-as-Crate monthly sub, as they pushed to, does it get me in the mix for Tidal. That's all want to know. But nooooooooooo...no reply for almost two days now and of course they're ignoring everyone on FB and Twitter.

Unless you were asking them for an exception to be made in your case (or unless I'm completely misreading your question), the answer is that the $6 Crate sub no longer exists. So, you couldn't re-activate to it.

5 minutes ago, jhulud said:

I was under the impression that you had to wait until it hit the archive, I could be totally wrong though.

8 minutes ago, jhulud said:

I believe Crate would allow you to purchase Tidal in next month's store, unless they completely sell out via May monthly memberships. 

If I were you I'd suck it up and get a full membership, as I don't think Tidal will last long enough to get to the Crate folks. (Similar to DD.)

And add my name to the list of folks who got shafted on referrals... Not that I would've gotten more than a couple anyway, but the FUBAR site basically killed that right away.

Yeah, if you are really wanting the Fiona I would grab the subscription because there are already a good amount of people that seemed to be hyped about it then you have a massive amount of people who signed up for the Gorillaz that are probably giving it one more month or still on a longer plan so I would say this sells out as well it will just take a little longer.

36 minutes ago, hype said:

Yeah, if you are really wanting the Fiona I would grab the subscription because there are already a good amount of people that seemed to be hyped about it then you have a massive amount of people who signed up for the Gorillaz that are probably giving it one more month or still on a longer plan so I would say this sells out as well it will just take a little longer.

take a deep breath man

I've been getting bombarded with complaints about spamming now. Great.

If you have referral codes and are begging people to use them...post them on your signature. No more "use my referral code" posts on here please.

It's cluttering up the actual thread and it just seems desperate.

3 hours ago, YouTwo said:

Not sure how Strand of Oaks (AKA the best album of the year so far) is still in the store.  

Not my cup of tea (I tried, I swear I did!) but I can see why people are attracted to it. Although to be fair, most of my fav albums end up in the sale section for much cheaper :wacko:

I'm shocked Islands (and kick ass variant at that) is still around.