The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

17 hours ago, itsgoodtobefree said:

I signed up for a one month membership for Demon Days but I don't want Tidal. I have some credit in my account so I'm going to buy something from their store, so if I do all that and cancel before May 2nd, I won't get billed for Tidal, right?

Doubling down to say you should be good, yes. They will probably ship your store bought records out at the same time as Fiona (early May). 

EDIT: Nothing to see here! Forgot swaps were only for multi-month members. 

Edited by Canuckle

11 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

Doubling down to say you should be good, yes. They will probably ship your store bought records out at the same time as Fiona (early May). 

The other option is to SWAP out Tidal for something you were going to purchase (anything more pricey that the $29?) and use up your referral credit as part of your ROTM sub. 

But it's only worth it if you can swap for a record of equal or greater value... (it also means you get access to the NEXT store)

Don't think swapping will be an option for him, since single month members don't have the option to SWAP, only multi-month members.

3 minutes ago, AdamJNovak said:

I got five emails from VMP saying that my referral code was used (two of which were from friends, the other three were probably from you guys so thank you!). When I look in my account though, it says that I have $0 in credits. Does it take a few days to process or should I contact them?

I think they apply it to the next purchase you make 

Edit: To clarify, I've had that happen to me

Edited by DOMAN127

11 minutes ago, AdamJNovak said:

I got five emails from VMP saying that my referral code was used (two of which were from friends, the other three were probably from you guys so thank you!). When I look in my account though, it says that I have $0 in credits. Does it take a few days to process or should I contact them?

Sometimes they just don't show up for whatever reason but they are there and should come off if you buy something in the store. Once you buy something the proper balance should show up.

Once you get the emails it usually takes a day or two to actually show up on your account page. I did not get any referrals this month so I cant say for sure but I wouldn't be surprised if things are taking a bit longer then usual with the crediting as well since everything was down for awhile. If you do not notice them after a few days I would contact customer service just to make sure everything is good.

I ordered the Methyl Ethel album from the VMP store. Listened to it once and it's sweet. Now I'm not going to listen to it again until I get the record.

I'm not sure if I'm going to keep my membership for Tidal or not. The first time I listened to it I didn't like it, but then on a second listen I liked it more. Just not sure if I like it enough to own it. I'll give it a third shot.

21 minutes ago, Crunchewy said:

I ordered the Methyl Ethel album from the VMP store. Listened to it once and it's sweet. Now I'm not going to listen to it again until I get the record.

I'm not sure if I'm going to keep my membership for Tidal or not. The first time I listened to it I didn't like it, but then on a second listen I liked it more. Just not sure if I like it enough to own it. I'll give it a third shot.

Methyl Ethel is one of those great albums I would have completely missed if it wasn't for VMP.

I've got a few questions:

1) I got a few credits from referrals this month, am I correct in thinking that referral amount will come off of the cost of Tidal when I'm charged the monthly fee if I don't buy anything in the member store?

2) Are any more records typically added to the store this late into the month? Looks like I missed most of everything.

3) If I don't want to renew for next month, when do I need to cancel by? (I signed up for Tidal, so I've been a member since the day they announced that as the ROTM)

4)If I choose to not renew, will my credits stay attached to my profile so I can use them on non-member exclusive titles in the store in the future?

Thanks to anyone who helps!

Edited by Andthejets27

16 hours ago, Andthejets27 said:

I've got a few questions:

1) I got a few credits from referrals this month, am I correct in thinking that referral amount will come off of the cost of Tidal when I'm charged the monthly fee if I don't buy anything in the member store?

Correct. I got $10 off (using a referral code) Demon Days when I signed up since I didn't use it on anything else.

2) Are any more records typically added to the store this late into the month? Looks like I missed most of everything.

Don't know.

3) If I don't want to renew for next month, when do I need to cancel by? (I signed up for Tidal, so I've been a member since the day they announced that as the ROTM)

I'm not 100% sure, but it appears I can still cancel before I get charged for Tidal on May 2nd. I've listened to it 3 times and I'm still not sure if I want it, but I have liked it more these last 2 times.

4)If I choose to not renew, will my credits stay attached to my profile so I can use them on non-member exclusive titles in the store in the future?

Thanks to anyone who helps!

Don't know this either. I got a use of my referral code and spent the $10 on the Methyl Ethel album in the store.

24 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

Where'd you see that?  I was hoping it was the June AOTM.

Robin also confirmed that it's a signed/colored vinyl out of 250/300. It's going to be a bloodbath come next month. Good thing it's one per account lol.

Edited by Vector53