The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

1 hour ago, slipcraig said:

Anyone else get the VMP Classics email today? Seems they could come up with a better overall price for both monthly subscriptions, but what do I know. 

They have described it as a beta program. So it's relatively simple in format right now. I'm sure there will be a more nuanced pricing model down the road if genre subs stick, with the public being able to access them without being a member, or having discounted monthly costs is you sub for an extended period of time. 

That being said, I signed up but not sure if I will stick with it. I feel a bit of FOMO right now, but my 'classics' collection is missing a ton of essentials and I'm probably better off spending $32 CAD a month on ensuring I have those in my collection over what will inevitably be a hit or miss album to my ears.

That being said, give me an electronica sub genre and I'll be signing up for life...

2 hours ago, Canuckle said:

I feel a bit of FOMO right now, but my 'classics' collection is missing a ton of essentials and I'm probably better off spending $32 CAD a month on ensuring I have those in my collection over what will inevitably be a hit or miss album to my ears.

This is exactly where I landed.  So now I'm month to month.

3 minutes ago, monk0nuggets said:

So, question - If I were to join right now, would I be getting Tidal first, or their next release? I can't seem to find details on the site.

Edit: It seems so. 

Yes, until the 15th you will get Tidal.  You will also get access to the next store which opens on the 16th I believe.  

Edited by YouTwo

3 minutes ago, monk0nuggets said:

Ugh, I don't want to join, but I want this record so much. I think I have to.

Just do it!  However, I think you can only sign up for a 3 month right now so you'd have to take Fiona and the next 2 months.  But you will get unlimited swaps so if you like something from the back catalog better you can get that instead.  

Just to put in perspective, the price of a 3 month subscription is about what they are listed for on Discogs right now but you would still get 2 more records.  Plus, you can use a referral code for $10 off to lessen the blow.  

Edited by YouTwo

1 minute ago, YouTwo said:

Just do it!  However, I think you can only sign up for a 3 month right now so you'd have to take Fiona and the next 2 months.  But you will get unlimited swaps so if you like something from the back catalog better you can get that instead.  

That's good to know.

1 minute ago, monk0nuggets said:

That's good to know.

I did some ninja editing to my last post if you didn't see.  But now I'm thinking that since it's after the 2nd you may only be able to use your $10 in the store or for a next renewal.  I'm not sure if it can be used on the subscription when you sign up.