The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

5 minutes ago, MD82 said:

Where'd you get the "randomly signed" from? 

Also, no effing way is Tool being released by VMP!! This dude has to be trolling so hard. 

Robin from FF posted on Instagram a picture of signed records with the tag VMP and said it was about 250 so that was an assumption.  The VMP staff seems to think this was a mistake and not really signed for VMP.  Not sure if it's true or just covering tracks until it's announced.  I wouldn't count on signed until it is officially announced which I believe will be Monday.  

2 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

It sounds good to me.  Or at least, it doesn't sound bad.  Plays nice and clean for me.  Really good album too.  

Thanks! It really is. I feel like I like it even more with each listen. I had issues with the Beck release but didn't complain because they literally just gave it to me for free. 

2 hours ago, MD82 said:

Thanks! It really is. I feel like I like it even more with each listen. I had issues with the Beck release but didn't complain because they literally just gave it to me for free. 

Can also confirm my ME release sounds great!

Also, that 4-chan thread was pure gold, but it was bound to happen with VMPs rise the past couple months. They try to keep things so secretive but I foresee a time where things become a lot more transparent to avoid this type of BS. 

Just came here to say that Fed Ex Smartpost sucks some major schweaty balls. My VMP package was supposed to be delivered tomorrow, but it got delayed until Saturday. It's literally just down the road from me, but it takes two days for the package to exchange hands between Fed Ex and USPS. 

Just gonna keep complaining to VMP. Ditch FedEx!!! Hey VMP, you ditch smartpost yet? Hey VMP, media mail is faster. 

39 minutes ago, zdkaiser said:

Just came here to say that Fed Ex Smartpost sucks some major schweaty balls. My VMP package was supposed to be delivered tomorrow, but it got delayed until Saturday. It's literally just down the road from me, but it takes two days for the package to exchange hands between Fed Ex and USPS. 

Just gonna keep complaining to VMP. Ditch FedEx!!! Hey VMP, you ditch smartpost yet? Hey VMP, media mail is faster. 

Yeah, my VMP shipments usually take 7-10 days to get to me in SF. Crazy. 

VMP uses SmartPost instead of Media Mail because you can't ship certain things with Media Mail and some post offices are actually strict about it. All the inserts, fliers and other things besides records they sell would disqualify that as an option. I've been asked if there are any letters, posters, etc. in the package when mailing records and tapes Media Mail. Besides, Media Mail is usually slow af too. I would be cool with an option to pay a couple more bucks to do some kind of 2-day UPS ground service.

Oh yeah! My Fiona is scheduled for delivery today!

Edit: Tomorrow now. :(

Edited by erikness

8 hours ago, zdkaiser said:

The funny thing is that both my VMP ans Secretly Society packages usually ship around the same timeframe.  SS ships media mail and I usually get it a day or two after I get my VMP package.  I get my VMP one 3 days after it ships.  I'm finding that Smart Post depends a lot on where you live how fast it moves.  

19 hours ago, Brajio said:

Random but can anyone who got that blue Pinegrove comment on the quality? Missed out when it was in the store so I might buy one off discogs

I can't help with the blue, but I got the black and it sounds great for what it is. It's definitely mastered for vinyl, and worth picking up