The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

1 hour ago, freezeflash said:

That Al Green variant is definitely great.

Part of me wishes I pulled the trigger on this purely for the aesthetics, but it's an underwhelming album IMO.

If it uses the same plates as the Fat Possum reissue, it will likely sound like garbage. I have the OP and the FP reissue. The reissue is laden with inner groove distortion and other surface noise. It's a shame because Simply Beautiful is an incredible song.

2 hours ago, Canuckle said:

I really want to hear Noga before committing as the single tracks could lead to the record never leaving my table, or never being taken out of its' outer again.  I may just have to leave with FF for now. 

Completely understand- put the Noga tracks on while I fought to get FF in the cart. Here's to hoping the rest turns out as good

I only use VMP's curated section for indie and other variants I have a hard time tracking down elsewhere (or where shipping is stupid expensive)

FF Update: Just above 300 copies, should be gone by tonight. 

Another note, if you signed on for DD on the wait list and want Fiona, looks like there is a solid ~900 in stock in the past ROTM section.

EDIT: Removed part about monthly subs as I currently don't see them...

Edited by Canuckle

1 minute ago, Canuckle said:

Another note, if you signed on for DD on the wait list and want Fiona, looks like there is a solid ~900 in stock in the past ROTM section, OR if you sign up for this upcoming month (which you can do now) you get access to the store and can purchase Fiona that way with a one month membership (but you will have to eat the new ROTM...). 

Pretty sure Tidal was at ~1900 copies when the store opened this morning. Crazy how many of those they're moving. Probably won't last too long...

5 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Pretty sure Tidal was at ~1900 copies when the store opened this morning. Crazy how many of those they're moving. Probably won't last too long...

Yeap, I'm sure a ton of waitlist people grabbed them up, as well as Crate and member who like to swap out until they hear about the record quality. 

3 hours ago, zdkaiser said:

If it uses the same plates as the Fat Possum reissue, it will likely sound like garbage. I have the OP and the FP reissue. The reissue is laden with inner groove distortion and other surface noise. It's a shame because Simply Beautiful is an incredible song.

this would be a shame. the listing on discogs implies same plates might be the case. hopefully just a FP pressing issue?