The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

Got a shipping notification for my Gorillaz. 

Tracking says it is a 2.6 lbs parcel. 

How much cardboard are they using? 

Do you guys think the Demon Days will also be available in members store at some point?

The link to get it is still active for a new multi month subscription which makes me think they are still trying to get as much as they can from this one. 

2 hours ago, spoon said:

Is it possible to use a referral link for a single month subscription? I see there's a link for the 1 month sub from a page or two back but it doesn't seem to be traceable from any referral link URL. 

Also, if I sign up now will I get NEXT month's record of the month? 

I think you cannot embed a referral link to the 1 month sub link we have from a few pages back. 

1 hour ago, andrewlucas said:

Can anyone help me out with the Fleet Foxes? 

Since I got a shipping notification for my DD I can now play with my shipping address for a store purchase I guess. 

My current settings are for shipping to Greece but I guess I can edit everything to ship FF to you and then switch back to a Greek address?

I could help you out if you don't find any other member to do it. 

Edited by trickster

4 hours ago, spoon said:

Is it possible to use a referral link for a single month subscription? I see there's a link for the 1 month sub from a page or two back but it doesn't seem to be traceable from any referral link URL. 

Also, if I sign up now will I get NEXT month's record of the month? 

Looking like the referrals will only allow 3, 6, 12 month subs atm.

And I think if you sign up now, you'd still get Fiona since it's still May and the next AOTM hasn't been announced yet. Not 100% sure though.

14 minutes ago, erikness said:

Looking like the referrals will only allow 3, 6, 12 month subs atm.

And I think if you sign up now, you'd still get Fiona since it's still May and the next AOTM hasn't been announced yet. Not 100% sure though.

Actually I believe since its after the 15th if someone signs up now they will start next month.

6 hours ago, trickster said:

Got a shipping notification for my Gorillaz. 

Tracking says it is a 2.6 lbs parcel. 

How much cardboard are they using? 

Do you guys think the Demon Days will also be available in members store at some point?

The link to get it is still active for a new multi month subscription which makes me think they are still trying to get as much as they can from this one.

If you click "join the club" through http://www.vinylmeplease.com/archive/gorillaz-demon-days/ I don't think you're getting Demon Days but the next record of the month, no? If it would work, please tell me. I'm still waiting on my email to get it...

Edited by Mano
Mistyped

4 minutes ago, Mano said:

If you click "join the club" through http://www.vinylmeplease.com/archive/gorillaz-demon-days/ I don't think you're getting Demon Days but the next record of the month, no? If it would work, please tell me. I'm still waiting on my email to get it...

Correct, that link won't get you gorillaz. There's a URL that's being distributed to people on the list, but it's being strongly (and understandably) encouraged not to share or distribute. First-come-first-y'know.

6 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Correct, that link won't get you gorillaz. There's a URL that's being distributed to people on the list, but it's being strongly (and understandably) encouraged not to share or distribute. First-come-first-y'know.

I used the exclusive link and got my first time sub on VMP.

The info on the mail said I will get Gorillaz and then June and July ROTM.
After I subscribed for a 3 month, the info on the VMP member page said I swapped Fionna Apple for Gorillaz which was an automated thing.

I am not sure what will happen when someone uses that link now.

Probably the info will say that they swapped the whatever June record for Gorillaz and they will then get July and August ROTM (in case they get a 3 month sub).

Edited by trickster

8 hours ago, trickster said:

I think you cannot embed a referral link to the 1 month sub link we have from a few pages back. 

Since I got a shipping notification for my DD I can now play with my shipping address for a store purchase I guess. 

My current settings are for shipping to Greece but I guess I can edit everything to ship FF to you and then switch back to a Greek address?

I could help you out if you don't find any other member to do it. 

Sure. Let me know if you can do it.

7 hours ago, trickster said:

I am not sure what will happen when someone uses that link now.

Probably the info will say that they swapped the whatever June record for Gorillaz and they will then get July and August ROTM (in case they get a 3 month sub).

This is true. I was told by a rep that if I were to subscribe to the 3 month sub, they'll substitute the June ROTM for Gorillaz. But only for the email link inquiries

28 minutes ago, Number11 said:

People seem to be confident that the next release is Morby. I can't afford the three month plan right now so I guess I'm gonna have to cancel.  Re-signing up again shouldn't be that difficult right?

Yeah, it's pretty easy. I've been a member twice now. I think I'm going to cancel my sub if it is Morby.