The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

I only had a monthly sub, so I just cancelled. After DD and Fiona, I was considering bumping it to a three month, but I have no interest in this album. Plus, I've cancelled my sub before, so I don't feel too guilty. Wish they had something better than what they chose this month. I assume I'll still be getting my Fleet Foxes, so it's whatevs.

1 minute ago, VinylMario said:

Well, frankly he's no Fiona, Gorillaz or even Bob Dylan for that matter...

I would encourage you to look through the previous months' archives to see that there are far more instances of Morby-caliber artists being featured versus ones on the level of Gorillaz and Fiona Apple:

http://www.vinylmeplease.com/archive/

3 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

Or even Bob Dylan? You mean he's not even maybe the greatest songwriter of all time? How dare you. :rolleyes:

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

5 minutes ago, idioteque... said:

I think we are supposed to keep the links in our signature. 

I also think you probably know this but the sweet referral money tastes better than not being yelled at on VC feels.

14 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

Man if you just joined VMP to get re-releases of albums that everyone knows are great, I think you're going to be disappointed. The big draw for me was the discovery. It makes me feel like a kid again to discover a new artist, learn about their process, their story etc... 

I actually think I'd leave VMP if they only released albums that were massive hits in their day. 

5 minutes ago, MD82 said:

Man if you just joined VMP to get re-releases of albums that everyone knows are great, I think you're going to be disappointed. The big draw for me was the discovery. It makes me feel like a kid again to discover a new artist, learn about their process, their story etc... 

I actually think I'd leave VMP if they only released albums that were massive hits in their day. 

Yea I understood the whole concept of expanding your palette and whatnot. I had a brief discussion with one of the curators before opting for the 3 month. It's just thati think there's a ton more artists to get exposed to. That's all...

47 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

I expect The Chills to go on sale eventually as it has been there forever. Eddie Gale all the way if you like it (and don't mind have 1-2 songs a side). 

I'm not usually big on 2xLP 45RPMs reissues of 1LPs unless it's something with a lot of subtle, ambient production but since I've prepaid for postage and the record (and got a copy of Tidal) I don't mind. 

If The Chills goes on sale, when would that happen? I might begrudgingly pay for it but I plan to cancel after this month indefinitely (either they fix their referral system or there's something like DD that I really want) 

Edited by armadillo01

hmm I'm on a one month, so I cant swap, but Im pretty unsure of dishing out $29 for this. But I also don't want to lose access to the store altogether. Im sure the resell value is gonna be in the $15-$20 range for this at best so if I stay I'll proably end up losing money, best case scenario is me actually enjoying the record and keeping it, but there are many other $29 records I would rather buy. This has been my problem with VMP, I end up subscribing and then cancelling every couple of months. At least I got Fleet Foxes before it sold out.