The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

I can definitely see the hesitation to dish our close to $30 on this. I wouldn't be surprised to find out the pressing numbers on this are lower than the past two months. However, this is why I strongly recommend grabbing at least 3+ month subs as it allows you to swap for 24+ other previous ROTM or exclusive pressings. But hey, I know funds can be tight. 

That being said, Morby is more in line with what this club offers. They put out 3-4 new releases every year and they are often the most polarizing records within the club's (internet) membership BECAUSE they are unheard and for some reason, people feel music curation should only be done for albums people know they like/dislike. But this is nothing new, so anyone who took the time to read up on the club's past ROTM should not be surprised by this.

3 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

Predicting that everyone will swap Morby until Pitchfork gives it a Best New Music tag and suddenly people start clamoring for it. 

I stopped riding the BNM hype train a long time ago. This isn't for me. Swapped for AM. I know what you're thinking, but I'm a giant Wilco fan and have had my eye on that for a while. 

1 minute ago, AdamJNovak said:

I stopped riding the BNM hype train a long time ago. This isn't for me. Swapped for AM. I know what you're thinking, but I'm a giant Wilco fan and have had my eye on that for a while. 

No one should give you crap for swapping. There are a ton of previous great ROTM that a lot of people would love to fill out their collection with.

I don't swap, but I also have 4-5 records from VMP that I'm not sure will ever be spun again. Not sure how proud of that I can be on #teamnoswap ;)

Okay - just wrapped up my first listen all the way through.  Swap confirmed.  There is nothing any more interesting on the full album than what was heard from the singles that have been released.  Also, I can buy this album for $18 right now on Bullmoose instead of the $27 I'm paying as a part of my subscription.   A color variant and exclusive lyrics sheet don't really bridge that gap  when I'm not excited about the music.  

2 minutes ago, dutchflowers said:

I swapped the Morby in a hurry for Tidal. The couple of KM tracks I checked out weren't for me. Psyched to get Tidal and DD as the first 2 of a 3 month sub.

I really think the people on the DD waitlist are getting a pretty solid deal, as I have a feeling July's album will be an oldie but a goodie (speculated to be a funk album...).

45 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

Hunh? Do you mean you subscribed for May? There's nothing stopping you from swapping the Morby for whatever for June.

I subscribed for DD and stayed subscibed for Tidal. I was under the impression you couldn't do swaps if you are only a monthly subscriber. I think you have to be at least signed up for 3 months to be able to swap.

I understand that they cannot do great releases each month.

Also pleasing large crowds everytime is hard too.

Kevin Morby's music didnt do anything to me so I swapped.

I went fast for Fiona Apple in fear it would sell out but in fact none of the available titles is something I would spend money on at this time.

So I am just looking to make the wise choice given the circumstances.

After all I paid $108 to get DD and 2 more albums.

My alt was to pay that amount on discogs only for DD.

I see a bright side here, which is a rare occasion given the fact that I am a grumpy bastard most of the time.