The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

I'm sure they put their releases in the pipeline in a manner that favors their 3 month plans, go for 2 high demand records and follow it up with a less popular but a favorite among the staff or music nerds. It would be smart if they were trying to please multiple camps of listeners while retaining as many subscribers are possible

Edited by NapalmBrain

Ok I ll need some advice for an issue I am having. 

I live in Greece and I am getting my sub 12" delivered here. 

I offered to help a fellow VC member from CA with a copy of Fleet Foxes 12"

It never occurred me that the June ROTM (I swapped for a past rotm) and FF would ship together. 

Any advice on what to do? 

If I email them would they agree to ship FF to CA and the rotm to Greece?

Maybe someone had some similar experience. 

I'd e-mail info about it, but I'm not sure they will be able to help. I've never heard of a member wanting their orders to go to two separate locations. They explicitly state that updating your shipping info will update it for all orders...

Given they outsource their shipping procurement you may be stuck with shipping is back to the US. :(

Sorry if this has been asked/answered before, but couldn't find the info on their site.

Say I cancel my monthly subscription (I don't want Kevin Morby), but I have an outstanding order still left to ship (Fleet Foxes), I'll still get that outstanding order correct? Can't see why I wouldn't, but just wanted to confirm with someone on here who's potentially been in or currently is in a similar situation.

1 minute ago, wiscodeman said:

Say I cancel my monthly subscription (I don't want Kevin Morby), but I have an outstanding order still left to ship (Fleet Foxes), I'll still get that outstanding order correct? Can't see why I wouldn't, but just wanted to confirm with someone on here who's potentially been in or currently is in a similar situation.

Pretty sure yeah, you'll get any outstanding orders from the store and you'll retain any credits in your account (which you'd be able to use if you ever re-sub).

1 minute ago, wiscodeman said:

Sorry if this has been asked/answered before, but couldn't find the info on their site.

They'll probably just end up shipping your Fleet Foxes to me.  Sorry.

I am new to VMP and just got my first shipment (Demon Days). Before signing up for the club, I purchased The National's "Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers" and just got around to opening it, as I had been out of the country for a few weeks. Is it common for VMP to put the record inside the dust jacket and then inside a poly sleeve? I don't usually get too bent over seam splits, but this one is impressive. I haven't gotten a shipment from anywhere for quite awhile where the record is unsealed, yet still jacketed for shipping. 

Also, I signed up for a six month membership. Isn't one of the benefits of the membership free shipping on anything in their store? I was going to check out with the Hamilton Leithauser Spotify single and couldn't place my order without including $3.99 for shipping, making the total $13.

Any thoughts?

6 minutes ago, kas1985 said:

I am new to VMP and just got my first shipment (Demon Days). Before signing up for the club, I purchased The National's "Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers" and just got around to opening it, as I had been out of the country for a few weeks. Is it common for VMP to put the record inside the dust jacket and then inside a poly sleeve? I don't usually get too bent over seam splits, but this one is impressive. I haven't gotten a shipment from anywhere for quite awhile where the record is unsealed, yet still jacketed for shipping. 

Also, I signed up for a six month membership. Isn't one of the benefits of the membership free shipping on anything in their store? I was going to check out with the Hamilton Leithauser Spotify single and couldn't place my order without including $3.99 for shipping, making the total $13.

Any thoughts?

The only packaging VMP do is for their ROTM which is usually in a resealable plastic sleeve. Member store titles are up to the label how it's packaged. Some labels don't shrink wrap.

11 minutes ago, kas1985 said:

Any thoughts?

I ordered the Local Natives Spotify Single and had to pay shipping.  I was under the impression it was because it needed a special mailer.  I could live with that.  However, I saw on the VMP forum someone said they got an email about free shipping on Spotify Singles.  So I'm going to keep an eye on that.  If my Local Natives one ends up shipping my my AOTM  I hope they will refund my shipping.  

19 minutes ago, kas1985 said:

Stupid question, but are you sure you were signed in?

1 minute ago, kas1985 said:

I initially thought this was the issue. But I signed out and signed back in and the shipping charge did not change. 

I would message them and ask why everyone else is getting these free shipping emails and you didn't because I even got one and I am not an active member currently.

21 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

The only packaging VMP do is for their ROTM which is usually in a resealable plastic sleeve. Member store titles are up to the label how it's packaged. Some labels don't shrink wrap.

Got it. Thank you for your response.

The seam split isn't anything I can't live with, just bigger than I have seen in awhile as it seems distros have gotten much better at mailing records in the past few years. Seeing how it was packaged, I would have been surprised if it had NOT been seam split. 

6 minutes ago, kas1985 said:

Got it. Thank you for your response.

The seam split isn't anything I can't live with, just bigger than I have seen in awhile as it seems distros have gotten much better at mailing records in the past few years. Seeing how it was packaged, I would have been surprised if it had NOT been seam split. 

Yeah I was amazed I didn't have a split with the thinness of the jacket and the packing job.

Ya, every now and again their exclusives come out without some form of wrap or are placed in resealable outers. Oddly, my The National turned out spotless from a sleeve perspective. E-mail them and they may be able to help you, but cosmetic issues can be tricky. 

I got the Spotify singles e-mail that mentioned free shipping if you order before June 3. Thought that was odd given the stance on the forums around members having to pay...

Gonna head over there now and hope there isn't a bloodbath. 

Edited by Canuckle

• 2 weeks later...