The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

On 6/16/2017 at 1:46 PM, copelandkid said:

Just announced: A Sunny Day in Glasgow – Ashes Grammar

Anyone who's not interested in it willing to grab a copy for me? Of course I just cancelled my membership haha...

I cancelled my membership yesterday but was able to buy the record. Maybe cancellation doesn't take full effect until the next charge date.

Quick look at the VMP store exclusives for June:

• Ride - Weather Diaries (2LP, Transparent Purple Vinyl, LTD to 750) ($27)

• Big Thief - Capacity (Opaque Yellow Vinyl, LTD to 500) ($23)

• Toro Y Moi - Boo Boo (2LP, Beige Vinyl, LTD to 500) ($22)

• A Sunny Day in Glasgow - Ashes Grammar (2LP Clear + Black Color-in-Color Vinyl, LTD to 1,000) ($24)

• Missy Elliot - Supa Dupa Fly (2LP, Yellow Vinyl, LTD to 2,000) ($27)

4 hours ago, YouTwo said:

Had to grab Ride.  I listened to that album the other day and it was pretty damn good.

As for Gorillaz, I bet that's the stock they held back for replacements going on sale, not a re-press.  

I e-mailed them about Gorillaz last month because I've been on the wait list and they told me they'd be pressing it all year so I think once they saw initial demand for this they immediately went back to the presses, or continued them in this case.

12 minutes ago, Darnoc said:

Toro ASDIG and Big Thief- i have to say, their monthly store exclusives have been pretty good the past few months

Frankly, their store exclusives is where they are shining these days. They can run 500-2000 limited presses of a ton of different shit.

ROTMs go through a different lens given that is a 20k pressing and VMP hopes there is some broad appeal and exclusivity to it. 

2 hours ago, Kanye West said:

I just gave it a listen. It's good, but hasn't sold me completely.

I'll probably just get Tidal again since it's such a well done release and trade it for something I want. 

I was on the fence but gave the album a listen today on Spotify and like it enough to keep it. If I were to swap I'd do something among the lines you're thinking and grab Beck or Fiona to trade down the line as they should be worth something.