The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

22 hours ago, YouTwo said:

Daniel Norgren!

I think I'm going to go for this one as my swap as I've really like what I've heard. The pressing looks gorgeous too, although it seems to be a bit on the short side.

Last two ROTMs were big misses for me. I'm really hoping they have a great August release.

2 minutes ago, pepperonigin said:

I think I'm going to go for this one as my swap as I've really like what I've heard. The pressing looks gorgeous too, although it seems to be a bit on the short side.

Last two ROTMs were big misses for me. I'm really hoping they have a great August release.

It is on the short side, especially since the first track is a bunch of silence and random noises and the last track is insturmental, but the album is great.  I doesn't hurt that I think it's one of the best looking album covers.  

16 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Any OG crate subbers still stoked about our à la carte super powers?

I think everyone in that group should be, considering how great some of the store exclusives have been in the last month or two.  Unless you're that one guy who paid for the crate membership for a year and allegedly found absolutely nothing to capture his interest.  If you enjoy music though I think it's something to be stoked on, for sure.

5 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

The only clue given was them posting a video of for Interpol - NYC.  Seems like there's still a lot to figure out.  

Feels like it's something to do with New York? My mind goes to the Blueprint 3 which had a New York themed single, hasn't been repressed, would be a 'big name', and it fits in the Beyonce-sphere which is all the rage amongst many VMP posters.

28 minutes ago, richardsurf said:

Feels like it's something to do with New York? My mind goes to the Blueprint 3 which had a New York themed single, hasn't been repressed, would be a 'big name', and it fits in the Beyonce-sphere which is all the rage amongst many VMP posters.

Yeah Yeah Yeah?

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

A FTT repress is not only grossly overdue, but also rumored for a while now.  I don't think that hint is too "on the nose" either – initials of a city that's in the title of a bonus track?  Unless I'm missing something else here.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Strokes and Interpol were the big 3 that came from that same Brooklyn, NY scene in the early 2000s. The National were there too but broke a few years after. Maybe I'm overestimating the general vinyl fan's knowledge of that time period but it seems super, super obvious as a clue for a YYY repress of that early record.