The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

17 minutes ago, richardsurf said:

Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Strokes and Interpol were the big 3 that came from that same Brooklyn, NY scene in the early 2000s. The National were there too but broke a few years after. Maybe I'm overestimating the general vinyl fan's knowledge of that time period but it seems super, super obvious as a clue for a YYY repress of that early record.

Pretty sure the Yeah Yeah Yeahs are Beyonce-sphere-esque. Females. Check. NY. Check. Umm... Music. Check. That covers it, no?

On 6/22/2017 at 6:41 PM, Andthejets27 said:

Does anyone here own the Sabbath exclusive/care to speak on the sound quality/pressing?

I have it. I don't perceive anything but excellent metal. My three year old keeps saying he's iron man. 

As for Betty Davis...     https://www.sadtrombone.com/

Edited by VinylSandwich

Just now, JezmundToo said:

Soooo, i just got an email from VMP saying "a spot has opened up" and it is for the Gorillaz??? I mock went through the sign-up process and it says I would be getting the Gorillaz - Demon Days. Do you guys think this is legit? Are these extras?

I think they are pressing more copies so I'd say legit.  

Just now, JezmundToo said:

Do you think they will end up being in their store? I'd rather not join for 3 months like the email prompted. No 1-month option available. 

I THINK I saw one of their staff saying that some would probably be in the store but not for a couple months yet.  I just read it in passing so I could be wrong.  Keep in mind with 3 months you get unlimited swaps so if you see stuff in the back catalog you like there's always that as a backup.  

Just now, YouTwo said:

I THINK I saw one of their staff saying that some would probably be in the store but not for a couple months yet.  I just read it in passing so I could be wrong.  Keep in mind with 3 months you get unlimited swaps so if you see stuff in the back catalog you like there's always that as a backup.  

Fair point. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Received the Sunny Day in Glasgow record this week (along with my swapped Panda Bear) and it's a really solid release. I bought this record blind and it was just the type of thing I was looking for. The record itself looks gorgeous and the packaging is top notch. If they're still available I highly recommend it to anyone that's into more melodic and airy shoegaze type stuff. Really nice.