The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

Guess I'll be cancelling my VMP subscription.  I've never cared for the National and even listened to this album last week in anticipation of this announcement and it still does nothing for me.  I've pretty much run out of useful swaps.  It's a fine service and I'm sure I'll dip my toe back in the water down the road.

I'd be really interested to see VMPs data every month for number of new subscriptions vs swaps vs cancelations vs sales, etc. It's has to be erratic for 2017. 

Pertaining to this release, I bet there are a lot of cancelations and swaps. Diehard National fans likely already have the release, the 7inch is just future material yet to be released, and the variant is really quite boring. Imo, nothing worse than gray vinyl. 

The color is disappointing, especially after how beautiful the VMP presses of Sad Songs and Cherry Tree are. It bugs me that they don't show the sleeve for the 7", does that mean it just goes in the Boxer sleeve? I'll probably get this even though I already have it on yellow and black though. Ugh. 

They could have easily put the extended studio cut of Brainy on the 7" and it would have been a no brainer imo

who knows

:shrug

edit - no pun intended! I'm a poet and I didn't even know I was rhyming those words. Captain Holt Brkln 99 shout out

Edited by hobbesthecat

4 hours ago, drewberinger said:

Underwhelmed / wish it was recut as a 2xLP and had a better variant

Either a 45rpm 2xLP (like Fiona Apple and Eddie Gayle) or a second disc of b-sides, outtakes, etc. Had they done that, I'd likely have re-subscribed. Let's see what September brings.

Edited by armadillo01