The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2017 at 8:18 AM, YouTwo said:

It's still available in their store.  If you're not currently a member they announce their August AOTM today.  See if it's something you like than sign up and you can still add Fiona.  

Found one brand new on discogs for $25 and finally listening now. It's my first VMP that I've owned and holy hell, it sounds amazing! They did an amazing job with this. Not sure it could sound any better. Love the weighty vinyl and cut to 45 rpm. Top notch all around. 

• 2 weeks later...

War on Drugs exclusives announced:

The War On Drugs - A Deeper Understanding (2LP, Yellow Vinyl, LTD to 3,000) (MUSIC) ($27)
The War On Drugs - 
Slave Ambient (Light Blue Vinyl, LTD to 2,000) (MUSIC) ($21) 
WOD BUNDLE TIME - A Deeper Understanding + Slave Ambient Bundle ($42) 

11 hours ago, mucusoffmybrain said:

War on Drugs exclusives announced:

The War On Drugs - A Deeper Understanding (2LP, Yellow Vinyl, LTD to 3,000) (MUSIC) ($27)
The War On Drugs - 
Slave Ambient (Light Blue Vinyl, LTD to 2,000) (MUSIC) ($21) 
WOD BUNDLE TIME - A Deeper Understanding + Slave Ambient Bundle ($42) 

When are these on sale?

1 hour ago, EGsynergy said:

Went ahead and subscribed for a month with a referral link for the 21 savage album. Can record swaps only be done with multi month subs? I'd love to get Pinkerton instead of the national.

Yes, I'm on a monthly subscription, no swaps allowed. I might have to change that next time around.

2 hours ago, EGsynergy said:

Went ahead and subscribed for a month with a referral link for the 21 savage album. Can record swaps only be done with multi month subs? I'd love to get Pinkerton instead of the national.

You have to at least have the 3 month sub to do any swaps. 

I haven't been following next months guess thread too closely but it seems like the majority is thinking it is going to be Biggies Ready To Die which I would gladly reup for but some people took it a step further and said it might have most/all the original samples which if true would make it easily the best AOTM they ever had for me personally. 

Edited by hype

10 hours ago, hype said:

You have to at least have the 3 month sub to do any swaps. 

I haven't been following next months guess thread too closely but it seems like the majority is thinking it is going to be Biggies Ready To Die which I would gladly reup for but some people took it a step further and said it might have most/all the original samples which if true would make it easily the best AOTM they ever had for me personally. 

This would be incredible.

7 minutes ago, The Saint said:

I would be SHOCKED if they could pull off Ready to Die with all of the original samples. It's gotta be something else.

Yeah,  I fully don't expect them to actually get all the original samples cleared but if they somehow pulled it off it would be a huge move for them considering it would be another massive release while also going after a whole new audience that might have had no interest in the other big releases. Regardless after reading the clues that have been confirmed so far I am pretty sure I will be reupping for it.

It's funny seeing some of the members acting all disgusted because it is "gangsta rap"  :rolleyes:

One of VMP employee's left this as well...

our edition of this rap album is remastered for vinyl, and is restoring things that have not been on the full, official vinyl editions of this, ever. You can buy it on Amazon, but you can't buy this version, since it will be only available through us.

along with it being before 1997. 

3 minutes ago, Domiendr said:

You can't buy ready to die on Amazon though. Not at normale prices. Still hope it is ready to die.

You can, Ready To Die

Bad Boy just butchered the living hell out of the remastered versions from the samples, to removing/censoring some lyrics and also on an aesthetic level, changing the cover. They could have at least done everyone a favor and cut out Puff Daddy so I did not have to still hear him all throughout the album.

10 hours ago, The Saint said:

I would be SHOCKED if they could pull off Ready to Die with all of the original samples. It's gotta be something else.

I agree but they did manage demon days so I guess anything is possible at this point.

really hoping this is true and it's done properly by clearing the missing samples and reverting to the og artwork.

pretty exciting news either way 

13 hours ago, hype said:

Yeah,  I fully don't expect them to actually get all the original samples cleared but if they somehow pulled it off it would be a huge move for them considering it would be another massive release while also going after a whole new audience that might have had no interest in the other big releases. Regardless after reading the clues that have been confirmed so far I am pretty sure I will be reupping for it.

It's funny seeing some of the members acting all disgusted because it is "gangsta rap"  :rolleyes:

One of VMP employee's left this as well...

along with it being before 1997. 

I just went on there and see all of the bemoaning.  I just checked this album out, and it's really not for me.  You just now checked this out?!  I feel extremely embarrassed for those "hip hop heads" over there who have never heard Ready to Die.  

14 minutes ago, aopps42 said:

I just went on there and see all of the bemoaning.  I just checked this album out, and it's really not for me.  You just now checked this out?!  I feel extremely embarrassed for those "hip hop heads" over there who have never heard Ready to Die.  

Some users, not all, on VMP are relatively new to digging into music. It's tempting to poke fun at the mix of enthusiasm and lack of knowledge but, IMO, it's also very cool that more people are diving into the insane treasure hunt that is working backwards into the history of rock/hip hop/modern music. We all start somewhere and, after 22 years of collecting music, there are well known bands/genres I'm still naive towards. I didn't really get into Talking Heads until last year, I have zero knowledge of Jazz, etc. I tend to keep quiet about genres/bands I am barely getting to know while maybe some VMP posters can be more quick to assume the role of expert but I think that's just, as I said, the enthusiasm. Also, I consider myself a very young 31 year old man but I have to remember that still means I might have 13 years of more music listening on some other adults. Anyway, thanks for reading my novel. :)